It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a laugh: Canadians and US aircraft carrier Lincoln

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 09:35 PM
link   
This is the transcript of the actual radio conversation of a
US Naval ship with the Canadian authorities off the coast of Newfoundland in Oct 1995.

Radio conversation released by chief of naval operations 10/10/95.

Canadians: Please divert your course 15 degrees to the south to avoid a collision.

Americans: Recommend you divert your course 15 degrees to the north.

Canadians: Negative. you will have to divert your course 15 degrees to the south to avoid a collision.

Americans: This is the captain of a US navy ship. I say again, divert your course.

Canadians: No. I say again, divert your course.

Americans: THIS IS THE AIRCRAFT CARRIER USS LINCOLN, THE SECOND LARGEST SHIP IN THE UNITED STATES' ATLANTIC FLEET. WE ARE ACCOMPANIED BY THREE DESTROYERS, THREE CRUISERS AND NUMEROUS SUPPORT VESSELS. I DEMAND THAT YOU CHANGE YOUR COURSE 15 DEGREES NORTH -- I SAY AGAIN, THAT'S ONE FIVE DEGREES NORTH -- OR COUNTER-MEASURES WILL BE UNDERTAKEN TO ENSURE THE SAFETY OF THIS SHIP.

Canadians: We are a lighthouse. Your call.

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 09:41 PM
link   
lol:
tell me that's a joke

[Edited on 15-9-2003 by Salem]

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 09:50 PM
link   
lmao thats great, i surely hope this is true, holy crap, my head's still laughing even though i've contained myself.

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 10:52 PM
link   
lmao wtf. What'd the U.S. Carrier say after the Canadians said they were a lighthouse?

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Supposedly it's never happened.

Because there has been ones with other ships names found in magazines, some of the ships active, some not even active in 1995.

Navy Denies it.
Canada never said it was true...

top topics

join