It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Reports More Birds Found Dead With H5N1

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
South of Moscow, Russian officials have detected H5N1 in a group of birds that have suddently died. Further testing is needed to see if it is the same strain as the one that began in Asia.

In China 2600 birds were found to have died from the virus, but they gave no further details other than to say they had it under control. Yeah right :shk:

MOSCOW - Preliminary tests on fowl from a region south of Moscow where hundreds of birds died suddenly detected a deadly strain of bird flu, Russia said Wednesday, bolstering signs that the dreaded virus might be spreading across Siberia to the Mediterranean.

The United Nations' Food and Agriculture Organization warned of a marked increase in chances that bird flu would move to the Middle East and vulnerable Africa as well, while the European Union announced plans for an exercise simulating a human flu pandemic to improve readiness in case the bird virus mutates to form a strain transmissible among people
news.yahoo.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I saw that too -- It definitely shows that there is migration involved and it is going pretty far pretty quickly in my opinion. Of course there are no reports of humans having the flu yet there.

I noticed on a migration pattern that the birds go up thru Siberia and then some go on to Alaska -- so I wonder how long it is before we are seeing some up there - and then if goes south. I think that people think that Asia is so far away from us but when you get migrating birds it doesn't take long to spread.

[edit on 19-10-2005 by justme1640]

new topics

join