It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Footage shows US troops burning Taliban corpses in Afghanistan

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Since when does anyone give a poo about the TALIBAN? Those Talibanis did nothing but rape, murder, kill, and rape murder and kill some more. If US forces burned the bodies, GOOD! It's provoking Talibanis to come out and fight. Who cares if we don't show their dead respect? They're terrorists and need to be used in any way we can make good use out of them.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 24/10/2005 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc

The USA: the greatest place on the planet. It’s the world’s largest immigration destination for a reason. Period.

Yeah, you should be writing comedy scripts for TV. The only proplem YOU never think about is opinions are like a*% holes everyone has one. Whats makes your any more valid then the next guys ?.

PS: The reason the US is largest immigration destination, to be one of the 20 million odd illegal work force( Do you know what that does to taxes ?). Gloating of this fact makes you look foolish and uneducated.

[edit on 23-10-2005 by helium3]

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by helium3
Yeah, you should be writing comedy scripts for TV. The only proplem YOU never think about is opinions are like a*% holes everyone has one. Whats makes your any more valid then the next guys ?.

PS: The reason the US is largest immigration destination, to be one of the 20 million odd illegal work force( Do you know what that does to taxes ?). Gloating of this fact makes you look foolish and uneducated.

did he say it was fact? no, looks like opinion to me and anyways why does patriotism bother you so much? youre the one with a problem accepting differing opinions, so what if its arrogant?

so you know for a fact? mmhmm, most immigrants every year are legal from europe and asia, not illegal mexicans.

but lets stay on topic please.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 06:00 AM
link   
www.illegalaliens.us...

"We estimate that approximately 5 million illegal workers are collecting wages on a cash ... There are upwards of 20 million illegal aliens in the US today"

And thats from a US site. Sorry if i offended you and your boyfriend

[edit on 24-10-2005 by helium3]

[edit on 24-10-2005 by helium3]

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackBeard
I would like to see the video and the "soldiers" while they are talking. Don't want to get that dubbing in there.

BUT I highly doubt that regular US troops would do such a thing. When we swear in we are sworn to uphold the Geneva convention. Also do not forget that CIA Operatives are in there, they are the ones that would most likely do such a nasty thing.

Plus if there is an inkling of truth to this then the American media would be all over this just like they were the Abu Ghraib case.

I actually watched dateline and they are regular US troops.

They burnt the bodies then used a loud speaker to make Afgan troops come out of hiding to collect them.

called them dirty !@#$ to coward to even help a fallen comrade. etc.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
wat do u do with unclaim bodies? u burn them for to prevent disease. its like civil war back in the U.S. i wouldnt just leave them there. they aint good dog food.

Its againest islam to burn bodies.

Those bodies had been there for a month or two to try and lure afgan troops out into collecting them.

Then they got tried and burnt them

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite

They burnt the bodies then used a loud speaker to make Afgan troops come out of hiding to collect them.

They are cowards that will not fight face to face. I think that is called Guerrilla Warfare.

As to if they were regular troops, I do know that the Unit in question was the 173rd Airborne Division, but were they ACTUALLY regular troops and not Spec Ops or CIA dressed like troops?

Were names, ranks and all that given?

I am awaiting for the final report by both the Afghanistan and US military side. Should be complete by mid to end of the week. I hope.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite

there are airborne troops and Army special forces. and the Taliban are not the Afghan troops. Afghan troops dont go into hidin. the Taliban does.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 09:05 AM
link   

The person who gave the psyops broadcast was Sergeant Jim Baker.

Here's the broadcast but it's not full, just 25 minutes.
www.journeyman.tv...

The video stopped just after 10 minutes when I was watching it. May work better for you.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase
Here's the broadcast but it's not full, just 25 minutes.
www.journeyman.tv...

The video stopped just after 10 minutes when I was watching it. May work better for you.

it tells my computer dat is temporarily out of service. hope it be back on next time.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Try the direct link:
www.journeyman.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I think you are right it is not the regular army carrying out these atrocities. We do of course have CIA and other covert operators in Afghanistan. It is also a cultural affront to all Muslims to burn their bodies as well as point them away from Mecca. The real crime here is that this was done in our name and we will face the "blowback" for it. Why is Rumfeld still in his position? He should have resigned after Abu Ghraib,

[edit on 24-10-2005 by polanksi]

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I dont know if this has already been posted, but:

THE Australian photojournalist who recorded footage in Afghanistan of US soldiers burning the bodies of two Taliban fighters said yesterday the story had been "blown out of proportion" by the international media.

Stephen Dupont's footage was first broadcast on SBS on Wednesday night and has since been used across the world, triggering a criminal investigation in the US. "The footage was taken (from SBS) and used all over the world. It's been blown out of proportion because the international media has tried to sensationalise things," Mr Dupont said. "Once it got out it's just gone crazy."

US soldiers set alight the bodies of two dead Taliban soldiers after they began to stink. The charred and smoking corpses were then used in a propaganda campaign against the insurgents on October 1 at Gonbaz in southern Afghanistan.

Mr Dupont said he supported the way SBS reported the story. "The message there was very strong but I did think it should have been there," he said.

So, the very person who shot the video is basically stating that its no big deal.

And lets all not forget these lovely images of Muslims burning non Muslims ALIVE in Fallugah, and not just for sanitary reasons:

*Graphic Image*

Let's have our members decide what they want to view

But now non-Muslims troops cannot burn dead Muslim fighters instead of burrying them? BOGUS!!!

[edit on 24-10-2005 by skippytjc]

Mod Edit: Changed Graphic Image To A Link With Warning.

[edit on 24/10/2005 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   

And lets all not forget these lovely images of Muslims burning non Muslims ALIVE in Fallugah, and not just for sanitary reasons

If those are the bodies of the private security then they were NOT burned alive. They were already dead when they were burned.

Please provide a link that states that those bodies were burned alive......

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   

If those are the bodies of the private security then they were NOT burned alive. They were already dead when they were burned.

Please provide a link that states that those bodies were burned alive......

I can’t prove that they were burned alive, and you can prove they weren’t. They were pulled from burning cars my friend, but let’s not get away from the point here:

Those Taliban were dead and rotting and were burned for sanitary reasons. It’s an issue because Muslims don’t want their dead burned. But those WESTERN contractors were burned during, or shortly after their deaths as an attack on them. No regard was made for their wishes or feelings about being cremated. That’s the point.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I know what the point is, no need to tell me. you don't have to tell me who is biased about this and who is not. I know I have not been around here very long, but I can tell

My point is the fact that you had stated burned ALIVE when in fact they were not burned alive. I have seen the entire video of that horrible day and the security contractors were already dead when they were burnt, matter of fact the majority if them were already burnt and unrecognizable.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Those Taliban were dead and rotting and were burned for sanitary reasons.

They were killed the night before they were burned.
Do bodies really rot after that short a time period?

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   

The non American who shot the video certainly seemed to think so.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Those Taliban were dead and rotting and were burned for sanitary reasons.

It all depends on certain weather factors. If the sun is beating down on the body and it is hot, then yes, a body will begin to rot and stink with in 12 hours if not sooner than that.

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 01:44 AM
link   

They are cowards that will not fight face to face. I think that is called Guerrilla Warfare.

And bombing someone from a plane is not a coward or using a cruise missle 2000km away?

I am awaiting for the final report by both the Afghanistan and US military side. Should be complete by mid to end of the week. I hope.

A embedded reporter filmed the whole event.

The unit comamder did most of the talking.

As to if they were regular troops, I do know that the Unit in question was the 173rd Airborne Division, but were they ACTUALLY regular troops and not Spec Ops or CIA dressed like troops?

They were not special units.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join