It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Footage shows US troops burning Taliban corpses in Afghanistan

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   
deltaboy:

why not take the advantage of the charred bodies and used it for propaganda? if u have some dead Taliban fighters around, might as well use them for psychological war.

It's called basic human decency. Most people learn it as they grow up, but some don't.

Do you honestly see nothing wrong with facing them towards Mecca and then burning them, knowing that it is an incredible insult to not only the Taliban, but to Muslim Afghanis?

If not, then don't complain when you see American corpses desecrated... Because, you yourself said it was valid to use in "psychological war".

ferretman:

Who really cares. After watching burning people jump from the Trade Center to end their lives, I have little sympathy for the animals in Afganistan.

Except the Taliban had nothing to do with 9-11. Or is just everyone in a turban you have no sympathy for? Or just dark-skinned non-Americans?

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   

by Jakomo:
Do you honestly see nothing wrong with facing them towards Mecca and then burning them

Actually, I believe they faced them towards the "west" not Mecca. That being the insult to incite reaction.

As for the actions being acceptable....deplorable!

Yet again we see the actions of a few as representative of the whole! NOT!!!!

Peace2All

[edit on 10/20/2005 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Foxnews showed the video earlier, including two us soldiers reading the "messages" in English for the reporter. They seem to have no problem with this. I swear this is what happens when rednecks run the country. We can never win this battle until we stop creating recruiting videos for the terrorist. We are above this, we are better than them. We just need to start showing it. The idiots that did this do nothing but inflame the enemy and put the rest of our soldiers at further risk.

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Thanks for the articles Ace

I finally got to see the video and if you ask me the soldiers did every thing right ACCEPT for burning the bodies. That was wrong and I can guarantee that the soldiers will be punished severely.

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo

If not, then don't complain when you see American corpses desecrated... Because, you yourself said it was valid to use in "psychological war".

i never had complained. remember during Somalia where the American soldier's body dragging and force Clinton to pull out after he saw it on tv. thats effective psychological war right there.

same thing for Fallujah where bodies are hanged on the bridge all charred and crisped. looks like the insurgents decided to use it for propaganda. i never complained. do u complain when insurgents and terrorists burned bodies?

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
same thing for Fallujah where bodies are hanged on the bridge all charred and crisped. looks like the insurgents decided to use it for propaganda. i never complained. do u complain when insurgents and terrorists burned bodies?

Were you a member of this forum when that happened?
There were a lot of people on this forum who wanted Fallujah to be nuked after that incident.

Even moderates, who I won't name here, said 'we should give Fallujah an hour warning, but bomb in 15 minutes.'

There's nothing wrong with feeling that way after such an incident as images like that really stir up hateful emotions. I think it's going to be the same for the Afghans when they see that footage of people who claim they're better than the Islamic extremists doing similar things.

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase

Were you a member of this forum when that happened?
There were a lot of people on this forum who wanted Fallujah to be nuked after that incident.

even if i was a member at the time, i would not go say lets nuke Fallujah. dat really aint goin to help there. charred bodies, its done then its done. complain to the terrorists, u dink they listen? i dont know if the Taliban is goin to send a complaint to the UN to criticize the actions of the soldiers. do u?

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   

by nativeokie:
We are above this, we are better than them. We just need to start showing it.

No offense, and not that I totally disagree, but damn that sounds like a pep rally . . .
(envision Richard Simmons on a rant) [no offense RANT
/]

The "We are better than them" part seems rather self-righteous to me.

Yes, I agree, "we", as a whole, are better than THAT . . . as for these types of actions.

Who is "them"? Better yet, who are we?

We as a people, or we as a nation?

IMO, the people of the United States consist of a meld from all nationalities with the majority, for the most part, possessing a good heart, a kind soul and fellowship towards mankind.

The nation of these United States, however, is taking quite the beating here as of late. As much as I hate to admit it, rightfully so.

by nativeokie:
The idiots that did this do nothing but inflame the enemy and put the rest of our soldiers at further risk.

Couldn't agree more!

by nativeokie:
We can never win this battle until we stop creating recruiting videos for the terrorist

My question here is, "Is it a battle that can be truly won?"

These peoples, these factions, these secular battles have existed throughout the sands of time. How are we, the US and global governemnets, to suppose that our ability to "step in" and provide resolve will be accepted, thereby ending the conflicts?

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Even that does not deserve nukes IMO. Also IMO once I die, I don't care what happens to my body, I'm getting cremated anyhow. but that is just me.

The whole hanging the burning bodies from a bridge back fired on the insurgents, because with in two weeks the Marines were in there leveling the place.

About this Taliban body burning, I saw in the video that there were quite a few soldiers with beards, that is telling me that they are not ordinary soldiers. Plus do not forget that there are CIA Operatives over there embedded with the soldiers, from what I have heard.

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   

It's called basic human decency. Most people learn it as they grow up, but some don't.

I’m sorry but in a war you have to try and win with whatever means possible, if you're trying to fight a politically correct, morally correct, and a religiously correct war you are just handicapping yourself IMO.

However, even though it limits the US in what it can do, our military as a whole still fights the war that way.

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Here's a long video report of the incident:
members.home.nl...

It's in a foreign language but there is a lot of English spoken in the video also.

It has the burning plus comments from the person who filmed it and quite a bit of other footage too.

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 06:01 PM
link   
it looks like they were serious about the burning of the bodies and decided to used the burning bodies for psychological warfare. also the soldiers dont dance around the bodies and hang em like u see the insurgents and terrorists do.

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Do you see that masterful PR from the army dink in the video?

WE ARE HERE TO FIND THE TALIBAN AND KILL THEM. IF YOU HELP THE TALIBAN THE AMERICAN SOLDIERS WILL FIND OUT AND THEN WE WILL KILL YOU.

Wow, hearts and minds. Touching, really.

jako

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo

Do you see that masterful PR from the army dink in the video?

WE ARE HERE TO FIND THE TALIBAN AND KILL THEM. IF YOU HELP THE TALIBAN THE AMERICAN SOLDIERS WILL FIND OUT AND THEN WE WILL KILL YOU.

Wow, hearts and minds. Touching, really.

wat do u expect them to say? if we find out dat u support the Taliban, u just won $10,000 and a free 2 weeks vacation to Hawaii. its called deterrence.

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I'm finding the tautologies of U.S soldiers to be shamefull; are they not trained to mantain a higher precedence than thier enemies? This is blatantly demoralizing not for the enemy, but for the virtues the United States has stood to uphold for decades. This facade only proves that ignorance is being perpetuated throughout the military and it's reactionaries who defend it.

To face two Taliban suspects towards Mecca and burn thier bodies is not just a spit on the face of Afghani Muslims, but over 1 billion Muslims all over the world. This is surely not the first time U.S soldiers have acted out in this manner and it is certainly not the end of it if serious discipline is not exercised against such occurances.

Such actions only fuel hatred amonst the anti-American consciousness around the world; such actions were spurred by this dogmatic sense of superiority in U.S. soldiers, nothing more.

Luxifero

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Could the enemy use reverse properganda on us?

Exp The taliban staged the video?

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   

This is surely not the first time U.S soldiers have acted out in this manner and it is certainly not the end of it if serious discipline is not exercised against such occurances.

That's the thing about our military we do discipline soldiers that violate the US military law concerning such incidents. However, I will not make a judgment one way or another against those soldiers, if they are fund guilty then they should be punished, if not, well, that's that.

Could the enemy use reverse properganda on us?

Exp The taliban staged the video?

Been watching some E Ring lately haven't you?

[edit on 20-10-2005 by WestPoint23]

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I feel the same way West, but it is always the fact that the Officers that order such things or the CIA Ops that order such things get off virtually Scott free. To me that is a bunch of Bravo Sierra.

Us enlisted that are ordered to do some things get the heavy duty punishment. That is not right IMO.

But until the investigation is over with then judgement should not be passed because it could be Spec Ops or most likely CIA. They do dress as soldiers.

Not all soldiers do this sort of thing so there is not need to group together those of you that are doing that.

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   
There is no excuse for barbaric acts like this. I wonder how those of u that support actions like this would say if your loved one/s would be killed, than burned… and u would have a chance 2 look the movie over and over again on CNN?

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Probably feel the same way it felt for the families and loved ones of those mercs in Iraq who were beat to death, shot, half-burnt, and then hung from bridges, G_o_l_d_y, eh?

seekerof

[edit on 20-10-2005 by Seekerof]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join