It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your first rifle

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Nice first rifle Midav
Is that a folding stock too?

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Thank you!

It doesn't have a folding stock but a regular skeleton stock.

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I still like the look of that stock though looks sharp

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   
picatinny rail on it as well?

Almost looks like a G-36 with the Skeletonized stock! nice rifle!

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Yes. Has the picatinny railing top, sides and bottom. Flip up sites front and back, ergo grips and the like.

Down the road (and when i have more money saved) I want to buy a scope, probably holographic scope.

I went shooting the other day with my father and we set out these ruined watermelons. It was cool seeing those melons explode

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Bushmaster ban-era AR15 flattop with a 16" Barrel and an A2 stock, which was immediatley replaced with an early colt-style collapsible stock and KAC rails upon the sunset of the AWB. Still no bayo lug, but that's not a huge issue for me.

After that... it depends on who's asking.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne

This past summer, I got to do what every father looks forward to doing, I gave my first rifle to my son.

im sorry but are you for real?! looking forward to giving your son a gun?
how about buying him something non-lethal, like a PSP or a guitar?! why a gun?

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Why not a gun?

I feel sorry for you.. asking a person who wishes to give something he values to his son why.
That person has that right and its really no buisness why he does it.

I noticed you choose to use Chuck Norris as a avatar for yourself.. some of his highest grossing movies had him playing parts that had him blasting away at people with.. Gasp.. a gun! Or in his case.. Multiple Guns!!!

my first rifle was given to me by my grandfather.. who owned only a old .410 shotgun that was his fathers... But he felt that I should have my own .22 rifle. My father made sure I followed proper proceedures to safely handle the weapon.. and I still own that particular weapon.. if I have a son, it will become his..

If your goal in your statement is to eliminate the possiblity of having guns in society.. then I fel sorry for you.. because I highly doubt if you will succeed by making statements where you strike fear in "children" having guns. You will have to have the government confiscate those weapons..

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Hello all,

It was 60 years ago but I think of it often. It was a Remington .22, bolt action single shot. Eventually I got a sling and a scope that glitzed it up but served no purpose.

What I remember most was that one day I was 150 yards from a snake and on a whim I shot and hit it.

I was so saddened that I never hunted or fished afterward. Now I even take spiders from our home and set them outdoors.

I loved that .22, but I learned I loved animals more.

bc

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I have a similar problem, I love shooting but I love animals as well.

I much rather kill cans than animals, although some animals that could be a thread to us and them selfs might be better off getting shot...I.E. deer that only commit suicide on cars that damages our cars and sometimes our selfs.

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   
My first rifle:

And my second (and last) rifle:

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   
my first rifle was a .35 remington. my first gun was a single shot 12 gauge. my first handgun was .50 desert eage. my first gun was a red ryder.

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   
hello all,

Today I have a 2000 Millennium Red Rider, but they aren't the same today as yesterday.

Years ago the Red Rider had a compass set in the right hand surface of the stock with a leather thong dangling from a ring on the left [as they do today].

The stock was a light color wood with Red Rider blazened in stark red, and the forearm wood was light.

Today's Red Riders just don't have the class that the originals had.

bc

[edit on 31-10-2005 by beforebc]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join