It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian air force to acquire new missile defense system

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   

MOSCOW. Oct 16 (Interfax) - Russia's air force is to acquire a new missile defense system, the S-400 Triumph. A program to train servicemen to handle the new system is being launched.

The first S-400's will go to the regiment of the First Air Defense Corps, the press service of the command of Russia's special forces troops told Interfax.

www.interfax.ru...

Hmmm...perhaps it incorporates the several stealth detection systems as speculated.

NR

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Iran will be the first ones to get it.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by NR

Lol...
... apparently Russia will the first ones to use the S-400.

got anything to back up your cliam about Iran getting it, let alone being the "first one" to acquire the S-400 ?

NR

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stealth Spy

Originally posted by NR

Lol...
... apparently Russia will the first ones to use the S-400.

got anything to back up your cliam about Iran getting it, let alone being the "first one" to acquire the S-400 ?

Its obvious Russia will be getting them retard, I said we be the first country to get em, We already have S-300 and S-400 comin , german article to proove and more links, I dont think India which is a Third world country will be getting them anytime soon.

SYRIA SEEKS S-400 ANTI-MISSILE SYSTEM FROM RUSSIA
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

February 2005

MOSCOW [MENL] -- Syria has been negotiating the purchase of an advanced anti-missile system from Russia.

Russian industry sources President Bashar Assad sought to procure the S-400 anti-missile defense system during his visit to Russia in January. The sources said Assad was briefed on the S-400 but did not sign any agreement.

"Assad is very interested in the S-400 and apparently Syria has the money to buy this," an industry source said.

The sources said Russia has sought to sell the S-400 to Iran, Syria and the United Arab Emirates. Russia has touted the S-400 as providing a more effective defense than the U.S. PAC-3 anti-missile system.

www.menewsline.com...

[edit on 19-10-2005 by NR]

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 11:49 PM
link   
StealthSpy how come you gave a
when you don't even live in Russia?

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Heres some more information S400 Triumph even some pictures of one in launch but they are not the best pictures

The Triumph's leading developer is the Almaz Central Design Bureau. According to Alexander Lemansky, General Designer of the Bureau, the comprehensive manufacturer's tests of the new-generation air defense missile system have demonstrated that it possesses considerably higher performance qualities in terms of the engagement envelope, effectiveness, and a variety of potential targets than was available with the previous generation systems

www.abovetopsecret.com... 178065

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by NWguy83
StealthSpy how come you gave a
when you don't even live in Russia?

Yes i dont live in Russia and neither have i ever been to Russia .... but i dont have anything against Russia as well.

I've given
's to several threads relating to American, French, South Korean, Brazilian developments and to those of several other countries.

Is there something wrong with this in your opinion ?

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stealth Spy
Hmmm...perhaps it incorporates the several stealth detection systems as speculated.

One would think there is no other reason for it.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Has anyone noticed it does not say anywhere what type of "missile defense system" this is? I'm assuming its a SAM based system that can intercept aircraft and large missiles.

Specs would be nice, but oh well.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   
S-400 is an target acquisition radar for surface-to-air defense systems. It is not a missile. It is an advancement of the S-300 radar. It's claim is to be better able to see stealth aircraft. The old missile used with this system was the S-10. There are two new missiles in development. A target acquisition radar cannot function without knowing "where to look". A search radar must first find out which way to point. Iran supposedly has bought a new type search radar recently from China. Iran and Syria have search radars all over Syria, Iran, and Lebanon, as well as new ones along the Iran/Iraq border, and Iran/Afganistan border. A great number of these are older American search or acquisition radars from the times of the Shah.
www.fas.org...
www.iiaf.net...
Iranian Radar map of Lebanon
Iranian map of Radars in Iran

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   
IMO I dont think it would be too effective. I mean is to defend aircraft, but if the US for example were going to go into Russia I would think the first thing they would send is tomahawks to blow it to pieces. Then send in stealth to mop up.

top topics

join