It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian UAV's penetrated Isreali airspace with ease/ have a look.

page: 1

join
share:
NR

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Since our UAV's are modern and did something which was very hard to do, penetrating Isreali airspace i just wanted to show you guys some of Iranian made UAV's. Each one can go up to 6,000 feet with 125km/h. Were also working on new ones that can go up to 10,000 feet with 160km/h. You guys should check them out and write out your opinions because its worth a look.

[edit on 19-10-2005 by NR]

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Look good.....not that I am a UAV expert

The bottom one is a little bright and cheerful though, don't you think?

NR

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Look good.....not that I am a UAV expert

The bottom one is a little bright and cheerful though, don't you think?

Thanks for the response, I also think the last one is a little to bright but mabey because it can blend in with the clouds or the sky.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   
You guys are violating Israeli airspace? Most impressive, indeed. To your knowledge, has any been shot down?

By the way, where is your signature?

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Well UAVs are small and sometime hard to detect/track on radar, so nothing new there. And those Iranian-built UAVs are launched from Palestine.

[edit on 19-10-2005 by NWguy83]

NR

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   

You guys are violating Israeli airspace? Most impressive, indeed. To your knowledge, has any been shot down?

By the way, where is your signature?

Well we gaved eight to hezbollah and one of them penetrated Isreali airspace and got back safe and sound. My current signature is facing difficulties so i'll see if i can fix the problem.

Well UAVs are small and sometime hard to detect/track on radar, so nothing new there. And those Iranian-built UAVs are launched from Palestine.

Agreed but come on with all those SAM systems and radars they still didnt detect it. Heres full article....

Iran has supplied Hezbollah with eight drones

According to a senior Iranian official. One of them was the UAV that managed to penetrate Israeli air space on Sunday.

Jacky Hougi

Iran has supplied Hezbollah with eight unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) and has trained 30 of the group’s operatives to operate them, a senior Iranian official told the London-based Arab daily “al-Sharq al-Awsat”.

According to the official, a senior commander in the Iranian Revolutionary Guards, one of those drones was the UAV that managed to penetrate Israeli air space on Sunday.

He added that the drones, which arrived in Lebanon about three months ago, were used in surveillance missions over Iraq in an attempt to monitor the movements of US forces.

The official noted that the UAV carries three cameras, digital radar and electronic broadcasting devices. It is able to reach an altitude of 6,000 feet and reach a maximum speed of 120 km/h.

Iran is in the midst of developing an improved model, which would be able to fly at an altitude of 10,000 feet and cruise at 160 km/h.

According to the paper, Iranian Revolutionary Guards are currently training another group of Hezbollah members to operate UAVs. The training is taking place near the city of Esfahan.

www.maarivintl.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I really wish there was some way to see some "PROOF" that they actually penetrated Israeli airspace and not just rely on some senior Baghdad bob’s claims on a website.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I'm curious how sophisticated these things actually are. Air defense networks really don't have the greatest track record in recent years. With the exception of America's patriot missiles proving their ability to shoot fish in a barrel (most of the time- unless someone sets the clock wrong) during Desert Storm, there aren't a whole lot of success stories out there for air defense recently.

What I'm curious about is how strong it is against Electronic Warfare. "Modern" UAVs, if I understand correctly (I'm no expert) have very well encrypted control signals which hop frequency in an unpredictable manner at a fairly rapid pace. Without this, the enemy can just jam the controls and a UAV will eventually crash.

When there's payload to consider: What kind of weapons can it deliver, how far can it deliver them, and how accurately? How much more visible is the UAV to radar when armed?

What is the vehicle's loiter time?

I'm not necessarily knocking this UAV, I'm just questioning whether being able to fly from Lebanon to Israel necessarily makes it "modern". Frankly, 2 of those pictures look like somebody strapped wings and a remote control device onto an artillery rocket.

Edit to add, It would have to be "Tehran Ted" or something like that in this case. Baghdad Bob, last I checked, was working with an Islamic news service somewhere in the East, having recently lost his job after it turned out that American forces were not really "cut off and surrounded all over the country".

[edit on 19-10-2005 by The Vagabond]

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 12:45 PM
link   
It was Shakespear who said "Cowards die a thousand deaths..." not Tupac.
It is easy to be brave when you have a dozen armed bodyguards.

NR

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
It was Shakespear who said "Cowards die a thousand deaths..." not Tupac.
It is easy to be brave when you have a dozen armed bodyguards.

LOOL dam you guys knew who it was

[edit on 19-10-2005 by NR]

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   
"Iranian UAV's penetrated Isreali airspace with ease"

-- any credible link to back that astounding claim ?
Israel have some of the best air defence networks in the world. Israeli AESA radars namely the Green Pine and the Phalcon AWACS incorporate some of the best and latest technologies and are some of the most effective radars that you can ever get.

[edit on 19-10-2005 by Stealth Spy]

NR

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stealth Spy
"Iranian UAV's penetrated Isreali airspace with ease"

-- any credible link to back that astounding claim ?

well i know your trying to act like a smarta** i dont blame you but read that link above and heres another one.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by NR

well i know your trying to act like a smarta** i dont blame you but read that link above and heres another one.

well its more like the other way around.

this link that you mentioned ( www.maarivintl.com... ) dose'nt work.

The second one has no mention that the drones were Iran made.

There is also no conformation that these crude drones (as described in the article)made it back without getting taken out by the Israeli air defence.

The Israeli Arrow-2 is a hypersonic missile that takes out ballistic missiles at great altitudes. Dont you think it could have taken out a simple non-stealthy low tech drone ?

Moreover the original source for that article in www.abovetopsecret.com... dose'nt work as well.

NR

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stealth Spy

Originally posted by NR

well its more like the other way around.

this link that you mentioned ( www.maarivintl.com... ) dose'nt work.

The second one has no mention that the drones were Iran made.

There is also no conformation that these crude drones (as described in the article)made it back without getting taken out by the Israeli air defence.

The Israeli Arrow-2 is a hypersonic missile that takes out ballistic missiles at great altitudes. Dont you think it could have taken out a simple non-stealthy low tech drone ?

Moreover the original source for that article in www.abovetopsecret.com... dose'nt work as well.

Actually both link works and i just tryed them so your obviously lying like you usually do to get away with the BS post you make, Where else would Hezbollah get UAVs? we been giving them weapons ever since Isreal tryed to invade Lebonan, anyways your just mad because of what happend to your T-50 topic, i wonder how you would response if i was a pakistani. LOOL

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   
the maarivintl.com link DOES NOT work , or am i a liar too ?

the IDF air defences are not some umbrella of steel protecting every square cm of isreali airspace , there are spots where the radars are degraded - esp if the target is small enough - ie a drone

my personal view is " so what " , the affair of Mathias Rust didnt prompt western airforces to trade in the warbirds for single engene cessna aircraft

i want to know that thes hezzbola " stunt " acheived ?

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   
The second image is CLEARLY CG.

And as mentioned: Violation of Israeli airspace? Why? What’s the purpose of these violations? Pre strike intel? Acquiring target data for missile and nuclear strikes most likely...

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I thought the U.S was going to supply Israel with the same radar THEL uses. It can track mortars, so it should be able to track UAVs. Maybe they haven't gotten enough of them yet.

[edit on 21-10-2005 by NWguy83]

new topics

top topics

join