It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Britain To Give Bird Flu Shots To Entire Population

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   
The British Department of Health today announced it will order 120 million doses of bird flu vaccine when one is available. The vaccine can only be made when a pandemic strain appears. The British government is in the process of inviting manufacturers to tender for a contract to supply the pandemic flu vaccine. Thousands of information packs are to be sent out to GP's as well. "We will use this vaccine to immunise the UK population and reduce the impact of a pandemic on society." said Chief Medical Officer Sir Liam Donaldson.

news.bbc.co.uk
Plans to purchase enough vaccine to cover every person in the UK in the event of a bird flu pandemic have been announced by the Department of Health.

Chief Medical Officer Sir Liam Donaldson said 120 million doses would be needed.

But he said it could not be developed until the exact strain of the flu virus causing the pandemic was known.

The ability of EU nations to coordinate their efforts to tackle a pandemic is to be tested in a simulation exercise.

On Wednesday an outbreak of the virus was reported in poultry in the Russian province of Tula, to the south of Moscow.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Well its getting closer and closer to crunch time. No one seems to be under the illusion that bird flu can be stopped. Mitigation seems to be the aim for most governments across the globe. Australia is to implement the same plan with respect to immunising the entire Australian population.

Its also crunch time for all us conspiracy theorists out there; do we trust our governments enough to accept these immunisations? I am doing some serious soul searching at the moment to decide whether or not I do infact trust the Australian government enough for me to take it. Will we have the right to refuse immunisation? Those who don't take the vaccine could run the risk of getting infected and allowing the virus to mutate further and infect more people. There is another civil rights issue brewing.

Either way dark times are ahead.

[edit on 19/10/05 by subz]

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   
It's horrible to think that a vaccine can't be made until someone dies from H2H transmission...

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Ive been informed that i need to go and get the common Flu jab done, i dont think it would even help me to behonest if the deadly bird flu hits the UK.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Ive been informed that i need to go and get the common Flu jab done, i dont think it would even help me to behonest if the deadly bird flu hits the UK.

Hi im from Uk, london too.....
Dont you think that with all the pigieons we have in london.
that they would pose a serious health risk, they do already!!

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   
They have to wait until there is a confirmed cause before going crazy, i know its stupid, but they can't throw everyone in to complete fear if there isn't going to be a problem.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Denied

Originally posted by infinite

Hi im from Uk, london too.....
Dont you think that with all the pigieons we have in london.
that they would pose a serious health risk, they do already!!

Thats what I am wandering. We have about 5 squillion pigeons in Reading and your right, they are flying rats anyway. Just like the plague was passed by Rats, now we have the same threat from the flying ones in our towns.

Also, Infinite, if you don't mind me asking...Your a young chap (around 19-20 if I guess right from your posts) why do you need the jab? I am 23 and have received no notification I should, so was wandering if there are particular groups they focus on.

Dont answer if you dont want too, I realise its all personal and what not..just wandering

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Also, Infinite, if you don't mind me asking...Your a young chap (around 19-20 if I guess right from your posts) why do you need the jab? I am 23 and have received no notification I should, so was wandering if there are particular groups they focus on.

Well, due to me having Manic depression and i have to take medication that weakens my immune system, im not as strong as others.

*edit* grammer error, good old labour eduction

[edit on 19-10-2005 by infinite]

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Even being from a medical family (lots of docs) I am afraid to accept a hastily developed vaccine... the old standbys are bad enough...

So what does happen if our governments require us to submit for vaccines... ones that may harm us more than help us...

There are some very sci fi movie like scenarios moving thru my thinking on this...

some very tricky decisions are going to have to be made, if this thing gets bad...

but remember... regardless of how much hype you hear... there are still far less than a thousand deaths all combined from all over the world related to bird flu...

so why are they so convinced that this will get bad? It was around last year, and never got bad... probably been around several times in history, before they could test for it... and the one verifiable connection of the flu epidemic at the first of the century is one deadly strain of so many that are possible...

in the scope of things, this is still far less threatening than a common case of sour stomach right now. The concern is obviously that it could "blossom" into a threat...
so how about not worring until it happens...
there are other more immediate threats to worry about like:
war
terrorism
government oppression of civil rights
the earths albedo (global warming)
earthquakes
hurricanes
super volcanos
bio/chem-warfare exposure (*see Dugway chemical warfare & Ames research center*)
the list goes on, of threats that hold just as much potential of damage, and perhaps more likelyhood of happening... lets not forget the rest of the story

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   

*edit* grammer error, good old labour eduction

:LOL: That was funny...you edited the grammar and put in a spelling mistake....priceless...sorry chap

I see now....glad I gave my AD up..much prefer the weed

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Irresepctive of age certain groups in the UK are targetted to have the flu jab - as an asthmatic i recieve a letter every year asking me to come in and have one - have since i was 16. However Im not convinced they work having acyually only contracted the flu on the occasions that i had the jab - but i might have just been unlucky. Personally i favour lots of vitamin C Eccinachea and garlic tablets to boost the immune system.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
This could get interesting ...

I won't be in line for the vaccine if I have a choice. Being a creature of nature, I'll take my chances and go along with nature, (by all means feel free to draw your own conclusions about that view).

The issue will come if it becomes mandatory for 'public health' reasons.
What would happen then I wonder - would people become sanctioned under mental health legislation and treated against their will: "Surely one wouldn't want to be poorly? ... After all, no sane person would".

Perhaps there is an option for bringing a criminal offence, involuntary manslaughter, or assault even in non-fatal cases would suit the charge.

What about civil charges too, say for damages if a primary care trust seeks to recover any 'extra' costs from a person who carries the disease and remains untreated and at large in the population, and in so doing increases the spread of the infection unnecessarily. What about in the workplace, with loss of productivity and such ?

Ooh, the options are vast, and a bit scary too.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   

It's horrible to think that a vaccine can't be made until someone dies from H2H transmission...

That's the crunch point, I guess. They can't really make a vaccine for H2H transmission without knowing what course that mutation takes (I think). And that mutation hasn't happened yet. If you were doing a lot of bird handling and you hadn't been cleaning the cages as much as you should and your immune compromised as well, then I'd be concerned. If, or when the mutation happens, then the race is on. (Is that correct?) I hope that doesn't happen.

And just to put my tin foil hat on for a second, wouldn't it be a convenient time to micro chip a population?

Okay, I've taken it off again. People still die from preventable diseases all over the world.

Each year a disease barely remembered by most Americans kills nearly 480,000 children, half of those in Africa alone. Global measles deaths are down from 873,000 annually in 1999, making a 39% reduction annually.

www.measlesinitiative.org...

Yes, the rate of measles deaths is falling, hello FALLING, yet a very nasty flu comes along and the first world is poised to vaccinate en masse. Mmm, and it makes you wonder...

[edit on 19-10-2005 by fingapointa]

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Thats what I am wandering. We have about 5 squillion pigeons in Reading and your right, they are flying rats anyway. Just like the plague was passed by Rats, now we have the same threat from the flying ones in our towns.

Dont answer if you dont want too, I realise its all personal and what not..just wandering

Only 5?? more like 10 I think.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Just food for thought, shouldnt our governments be actively trying to make a h2h variant of bird flu? i.e they should predict what the wild version will mutate into, create it in a lab, create a vaccine for it, then immunize everyone.

Is that possible? If it is, could we trust our governments to do it properly?

[edit on 19/10/05 by subz]

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 11:55 PM
link   

i.e they should predict what the wild version will mutate into, create it in a lab, create a vaccine for it, then immunize everyone.

If the mutation occured in a completely predictable fashion they could, however the random nature of mutations might make that very hard (IMO). They could end up zigging when they should've zagged. But of course you can trust our gov't, they're a shining beacon of light bringing us to a new era of....

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 02:46 AM
link   
To be honest...

How far has bird flu travelled across the World?
How many people have died so far?
Anyone see the Medicare Industry making a mint off of this panic?
Anyone see me worried?

Well, I'll answer the last one for you...no.

It has came from China, to Europe has killed less than one-thousand people. It's more common fearmongering by the Government and Media...they need to protect us or maybe people could just eat healthy and exercise, so their body has a high level of natural immunity? Nah...that'd be silly.

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odium

It has came from China, to Europe has killed less than one-thousand people. It's more common fearmongering by the Government and Media...they need to protect us or maybe people could just eat healthy and exercise, so their body has a high level of natural immunity? Nah...that'd be silly.

WHO figures put it at 60 people with 120 people infected total. There have been outbreaks of other strains, one in the Netherlands killed one with another 83 infected.

There is a school of thought that suggests if everyone is injected with the flu jab, it will reduce the amount of human strains that are available to be mixed with the H5N1.

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 05:18 AM
link   
if the government spend the money to produce a vaccine to protect everyone, and then make it compulsory to get it, anyone who refuses should be made to pay a bond to cover health and safe disposal costs if neccesary. i will certainly be there getting the jab.

xu

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 05:31 AM
link   
as I read in a local news portal today;

a company from Holland, Akzo Nobel stated that the H5N1 vaccine for human vaccination has been developed by their sub labs (or connected small companies) Nobilon and Oragon. it will be tested in 2006 on humans and will be publicly available at the end of the 2006.(but they currently have it). dont ask me a source link you need to search for an English source.

this is for the current (non mutated) H5N1 I suppose. so if it mutates into the anticipated epidemic monster, then this wont do the trick.

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 05:38 AM
link   
i dont agree with you bobsa. If i or anyone else doesnt want to receive a "lethal" injection then why should we need to pay to cover costs just because we have free will and are willing to use it. You want to make me pay for something because i wont accept the cover up that a lot of people believe. This is the biggest scare tactic the powers that be could come up with. Im not getting any mandatory jab.Paranoia or not i have read to enough articles on vaccines to believe they actually do more harm than good. My colloidial silver will do me just fine thank you very much!

Depopulation anyone?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join