It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Damn the DVLA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Hmmph. The DVLA (Drivers Vehicle Licence Agency or whatever it is) have ruined my day. I was supposed to have a driving test at 10.30 this morning, so I was sat there, 10.29, having had a lesson in the morning as well, and out comes an examiner "Theres not enough instructors, you'll have to come back at 2.30", with a large gaping hole where the "Sorry" should have been.

Well 2.30 wasn't possible, because my instructor had to go somewhere in the afternoon, so my whole morning was wasted. That I can deal with, but the guy who told us was rude, brash and ignorant, he basically barked at us and didn't give any help when asked, just said things like "Don't ask me, phone the help desk" and treated us like dirt. The swine. Also, it transpired, the reason my test was cancelled was because a girl had her test cancelled earlier in the morning, so they decided to give her my slot instead, without thinking to phone me and see if that was okay. Now I have to wait another month for the test and will have to fork out more much needed money.

So thanks a bunch DVLA, you morons. Give me a shout when you learn organizational skills. :bash:

Rant over.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Unlucky man. I remember just wanting to get my driving test over and done with. Have they sorted you out one in the near future because the waiting lists are usually really long.

Just a quick bit of advice which was given to me and I think works really well, imagine the instructor is asleep, everytime you wake him up you get a minor, so try and drive and smooth as possible.

Good luck for when you do have it!

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by phixion
Unlucky man. I remember just wanting to get my driving test over and done with. Have they sorted you out one in the near future because the waiting lists are usually really long.

Just a quick bit of advice which was given to me and I think works really well, imagine the instructor is asleep, everytime you wake him up you get a minor, so try and drive and smooth as possible.

Good luck for when you do have it!

Well it's November the 18th now, so it's sooner than I was expecting, I was thinking they'd say Decemeber the 20th or similar.

And thanks for the advice, that actually sounds quite useful

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 08:30 AM
link   
November the 18th?! Jeeeesus!

If I was you I'd be rather pissed off and make sure someone got an ear load from me on the phone and make them just send me a license, forget the test!

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by phixion
November the 18th?! Jeeeesus!

If I was you I'd be rather pissed off and make sure someone got an ear load from me on the phone and make them just send me a license, forget the test!

Haha, If only.

I was considering giving them a earful, but I haven't done it for so long I've turned into a pacifist. I accepted an over the phone apology from someone miles away, I was just glad I didn't actually have to pay for the test again, if they'd suggested that they would have had a barrage of F-bombs and severe threats, I assure you

new topics

top topics

join