It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam & War

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Okay, I must say I mean no offence to any muslims on this site, or in the world.
Why when islam was first formed, did it go from being a small warring tribe to being a large empire from spain all the way across the north of africa to turkey. If it is a caring friendly religion as they claim, why did they conquer so far?
And now, small tribes/groups of muslim extremists now take on the entire western world. Why?

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Because the Muslim religion has doctrines that command its followers to spread the faith by the sword if need be. It’s a very aggressive religion and unlike Christianity, Muslims have scripture to back up their violent promotion of what they believe.

Now, before some dummy comes back and says, “Yeah but Christians killed people in the crusades!” That wasn’t Christianity that was the Roman Catholic Church! There’s nothing in the Bible that gives allowance for the violent propagation of our faith. Muslims on the other hand have many scriptures to lean on when they attempt to force into submission anyone who is not a Muslim and this includes murder.

A True Christian
In These Last Days,

James

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Machine
Now, before some dummy comes back and says, “Yeah but Christians killed people in the crusades!” That wasn’t Christianity that was the Roman Catholic Church!

Since when are Catholics not Christian?

Main Entry: Roman Catholic
Function: adjective
: of, relating to, or being a Christian church having a hierarchy of priests and bishops under the pope, a liturgy centered in the Mass, veneration of the Virgin Mary and saints, clerical celibacy, and a body of dogma including transubstantiation and papal infallibility.

Maybe you have separated Roman Catholic from Christianity in your mind, but that simply doesn't make it so. But of course, I'm just a dummy.

apex - This site, The History of Islam, gives a very comprehensive history of the religion.

Islam is not, as some imagine in the West, a religion of the sword nor did it spread primarily by means of war. It was only within Arabia, where a crude form of idolatry was rampant, that Islam was propagated by warring against those tribes which did not accept the message of God--whereas Christians and Jews were not forced to convert. Outside of Arabia also the vast lands conquered by the Arab armies in a short period became Muslim not by force of the sword but by the appeal of the new religion. It was faith in One God and emphasis upon His Mercy that brought vast numbers of people into the fold of Islam. The new religion did not coerce people to convert. Many continued to remain Jews and Christians and to this day important communities of the followers of these faiths are found in Muslim lands.

Interesting reading.

Islam is no more guilty of coersion, by sword or force, than Christianity is. In every group, there are extremists, those who use the name of a religion to force their political agenda. Islam and Christianity have both been hijacked by some extremists and we mustn't look to those few to evaluate the religion itself.

Look at what some Christians are doing today to 'bring' people (children) to their religion and I think you'll see what I mean:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I sugested you study up on Islam and its principles person who started this board.

The Quaran is the islamic holy book states that you it is a sin to commit sucide and what you see in some people in islamic countries doing suicide bombings they are not real muslims therefore and in palestine it was found out that the reason most suicide bombings are driven by things other than relegion i heard that on CNN.
Islam spread its culture and conquered new lands this is true but so did christians when they came to the americas they foreced the aborigianal populations to convert or die if they did not give up there "devil worship" relegion and put Aboriginals in resident schools funded and supported partially by churchs.
When islam was created it was not a warring tribe the Arab people were unified under Islam and became organized instead of wild and unwruly.
They take ont he western world because they have invaded there homeland and set up puppet governments like in Afaghanistan exploiting there oil and at the same time a asshole protestant who denounces science is in the white house you see.
Christianity claims to be a friendly kind relegion but it isnt.

Sorry if i didnt but that together so good im dont wright much on the internet. by the way im a atheist to.
The actions of few do not speak for the whole of islam you fool.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by apex
Okay, I must say I mean no offence to any muslims on this site, or in the world.
Why when islam was first formed, did it go from being a small warring tribe to being a large empire from spain all the way across the north of africa to turkey. If it is a caring friendly religion as they claim, why did they conquer so far?
And now, small tribes/groups of muslim extremists now take on the entire western world. Why?

The sins of our fathers.

There are entities within both Islam and the West that evidently exhibit their reverence for ideologies based on and of FEAR and HATE, based upon observations of their actions and behaviors.

Neither side is willing to tolerate ideologies based upon FEAR and HATE, but both are currently utilizing FEAR and HATE as weapons by trying to use their hate to instill fear in the hearts and minds of their percieved enemies.

So, the real question is when are either side going to fully realize that instilling fear feeds the hate that they can not tolerate?

Can we change ideologies based on fear and hate by creating more fear and hate?

Same questions apply to both Islam and the West, and anyone else that will create fear and hate because they can not comprehend why it is they can not tolerate fear and hate, but will utilize fear and hate to battle the fear and hate they will not tolerate.

Misguided individuals born of an Islam impacted greatly by the West knocked down 2 buildings.

The response of the West was to overthrow 2 seperate independant countries.

Eye for and Eye?

2 countries taken for 2 buildings?

please do not believe Islam is any more aggressive than . . . say .... Christianity.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by apex

OK, guy...

I ain't saying that Muslims haven't been violent. They've killed a LOT of people. BUT, Christians have also killed a LOT of people.

I watched this thing on the History Channel called The Crescent and the Cross. It was about the Crusades. Now tell me...

Do you have issue with the fact that the Christians started the whole thing? What about the fact that they exterminated thousands of people; Muslims, Jews, even fellow Christians? And, you say the Muslim extremists are an example of Muslims in general. Chew on this...

The pope granted any Christian who fought in the Crusades a get into heaven free card. I bet you would say that this is what the Muslim terrorists are guaranteed, so, by that token, Christianity is all about terror and war too!

And as for holy instructions, what about those Bible verses telling the Israelites to exterminate their enemies, even children? What about when Jesus says "I come with a sword"?

Looks to me like three possibilities: 1) both faiths condone war and terror
2) neither faith condones war and terror
3) both faiths had violent pasts and presents...hey, I like presents.

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   
You can't blame the religion for actions of those who claim to follow it ?

Can you blame Jesus, or the Bible, for the Catholic Inquisition ?

Spanish Inquisition which lasted for 300 years; thousands of people including muslims and jews were murdered, or tortured?

founder of Islam, Muhammad himself never conquered any other nation, even when he had power to do so.

His successors, the Caliphs, did that.

[edit on 15-11-2005 by mr conspiracy]

new topics

top topics

join