It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Signs of 7000 k + year civilization in Europe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 04:53 AM
link   
This is most cool !

www.buzzle.com...
news.independent.co.uk...
scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com...

[edit on C:Wedocu10e10 by Opus]

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Interesting! I haven't heard of this... hopefully we can find more about it. This would rank it being close to the age of the Harappan civilizations (but the picture used in the article is annoyingly wrong. That's a Greek temple.)

It makes sense from a linguistic and cultural standpoint. I wonder how large the cultural area is.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Perhaps this is the same time period that Stonehenge was erected?

It in itself is still a speculative mystery as to who truly created it. Maybe these groups were emergent all across Europe, and only very few rare sites have been found.

-ADHD

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Interesting indeed!
I wonder if this new find has anything to do with the agricultural civilization that they are only now finding evidence of. There was a thread on this a few months ago (sorry but I could not find the link). I look forward to seeing more info on this!

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
This is very interesting indeed, but could you fix your title?

Your title states that there are signs of a 7 Million year old civilization in Europe.

Its 7000 years or 7K years, not 7000K years.

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Interesting! I haven't heard of this... hopefully we can find more about it. This would rank it being close to the age of the Harappan civilizations (but the picture used in the article is annoyingly wrong. That's a Greek temple.)

It makes sense from a linguistic and cultural standpoint. I wonder how large the cultural area is.

I'm in College right now, so I can't hunt out the links however, earlier this year I began to look into such finds and their slowly looks to have been roughly "Civilisations" over most of the World around 7000 years ago...

Russia, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia and America...all popping up independent of one another with no great ties. It has great impacts on to many aspects of how we judge culture - especially the Russian finds.

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by kenshiro2012
Interesting indeed!
I wonder if this new find has anything to do with the agricultural civilization that they are only now finding evidence of. There was a thread on this a few months ago (sorry but I could not find the link). I look forward to seeing more info on this!

I'd think that the earlier thread may have been this one. I think a revised evaluation of early European history is going to be very interesting ...

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   
This is interesting, but I have to ask how this is just now being discovered. The only thing I can imagine is it was recently uncovered due to construction.

More than 150 gigantic monuments have already been identified and unearthed beneath fields and cities in Austria, Germany, and Slovakia.

Obviously they have dug in the area before, so why didn't they find it earlier? Also, why wait until 150 monuments have been identified before announcing it? I would think this would make news after finding just a few monuments.

top topics

join