It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zahi Hawass- what is he hiding??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Oops, I meant to show that this is some of what Hawass is hiding. The finds from 1935.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Wodash

Never seen that before very interesting, things declared 70 years ago are now being denied? sounds about right, considering Hawass. I see where Byrd is coming from and relevant precautions have to be made, but you cannot deny that Hawass is, if not hiding, then avoiding something. He has been shown to admit a few times that he knows about the shafts and chambers beneath the pyramid, he was originally going to disclose in 1995 with a video documentary, but this got shelved, wonder why?

Personally, I think they've been through all the tunnels, discovered some incredible things and now their just waiting to show some of these things at the right time. Maybe thats what the wall is for, they're going to be putting some of the stuff back in to it, while excavating it?

Guess we'll find out sooner or later, hope it's in this life though

thanks. EMM

[edit on 22-6-2008 by ElectroMagnetic Multivers]

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Hawass just strike me the same as many old tenured professors that are "experts" in their chosen field. Stuck in place and holding on, religiously, to old teachings. Slow to impossible in accepting new ideas or new theories that may change their beliefs that they have held so dear to themselves while teaching others.

He has an ego, but that's okay, and it shows every time he makes a public appearance. He is used to people defaulting to him from his position and knowledge. He just isn't going to change his attitude towards Egyptology as he considers himself to be the leading authority on this subject.

As for protecting the remaining history of Egypt, probably a very true statement. The whole region has a history of looting from historical times to just as recently as the last 100 years. You could blame the British or French, but they were just the latest in a long line of looters.

I think he is a little reluctant to discuss anything other than the old school version of History for the entire middle east as that would make him look foolish for holding onto past teachings. His ego will not allow that. That's not the same as saying the old teachings are wrong, but he just isn't open to other ideas produced by outsiders of his "expert" opinion.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Considering his past 'esoteric' friends, maybe his personal views and his 'proffesional' views are quite different. Maybe he was allowed to persue his personal beliefs in private, but publicly he has to act differently. Just a thought, either he's lying about and suppressing something, or he is just plain dogmatic in his views towards Egyptology, either wouldn't surprise me.

EMM

top topics

<< 1   >>

join