It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

eminent domain strikes again! (Washington Nationals' interests!)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 11:47 PM
link   
How in the world did I miss this until now?

Jiminey Freakin' Chrickets, another case of "eminent domain" for the good of the nation!

You might not have realized it, but the Washington Nationals' ball park is vital to national interest and is forthe good of the nation!

Incredible.

What's that, you say? We are allowed to own property in this great and fine country of the U.S. of A.? Really?

www.washtimes.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Steady erosion of individual rights TC. Property rights are simply one of the last to go

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Last thing they'll do is announce that they have officially killed Kenny. Then, it's "Katie, bar the door!"

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Ill bet if you track the owners of the Ntionals you will see tidy donations to the mayor and city council

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I wonder if the ball park has more room for displaced survivors...
Can't see any other reason for such action, logical or not.
Perhaps it is in preparation for Granite Shadow, it will be full blown in 2006 it is said. Better to have and not need, than to need and not have.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Ill bet if you track the owners of the Ntionals you will see tidy donations to the mayor and city council

Major League Baseball owns the Nationals.

wikipedia.com
The franchise has been owned by Major League Baseball since 2002, although a new owner is expected to be selected by the end of 2005

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 12:56 AM
link   
The BS in all areas just keeps piling up, Katrina, this crap, ect ect.. Rather you like those evil black guns or not, ffs buy one hell buy two and plenty of ammo for it.. and be ready to use it, this crap is going to continue, because the government/big corporations can get away with it, they keep pushing buttons like this and the people will have enough and stop it..

[edit on 19-10-2005 by C0le]

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I must agree with COle on this one. One day it will happen believe it or not. you can only push people too far like the Brits did to the Colonials.

I hate baseball and think it should be abolished off the face of the earth. Greedy players who only do it for the money and no longer the sport. Sad shame.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Yeah the New Jersey nets stadium is also using eminent domain to build their stadium. It includes a bunch of office complexes as well.

top topics

join