It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The one "god"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   
If this is not the correct forum mods please move it.

I have seen all over these forums, about the "one god" the rules over all and is the ultimate. Why would only one "god" exist.
All these talks about "heaven" and "hell".
One mans Heaven is another mans' Hell.
That being said, choose your own "god", and don't let people say thats not the right path. Because they do not know. No one knows. All one can do is blieve.
If people ask why do you think there is no one "god", tell em: Can you prove it otherwise? If they ask Okay can you prove your "god": tell em Tis what I blieve. Only you can choose your "god".
That is the true way to happiness in the other world.

So choose your "god" the best suits you.

Do research, find the "god" or "goddess" that you like.

And in the end, they will protect you.

SO let it be known. That from this day forth:
You and only you can choose your "god".

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   
The easiest way I have found of doing this very thing was to declare myself to be a cult of one. Thats right bubba, I know the way and THE ONLY WAY that is right for me. God doesn't just speak to the president, he also speaks to me and quite frankly, he tells me the president is crazy.

As a cult of one I follow my heart, listen to my creator and do what i believe the good lord would want me to do to make the world a better place.

If someone else wants to join my cult I tell them NO, get your own darn cult. That way they don't try looking to me for spiritual guidence and instead look to either God, or in most cases Jerry Falwell or Pat Robertson.

You asked how many Gods are there. Well, since no two people have walked the same path or came to the same conclusions in life I think you could answer the question by asking, How many people are there? Your soul is as unique as the fingerprints on your hand so no two people have the exact same idea about God.

There is one god for every person, the god that lives in their heart. Yea, that should explain it, God really is that big.

This is just MHO.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
If someone else wants to join my cult I tell them NO, get your own darn cult.

and...

There is one god for every person, the god that lives in their heart. Yea, that should explain it, God really is that big.

This is just MHO.

Bravo...truer words were never spoken (at the moment, but I'm sure it has been said before at least a million times, but, hey, why quibble?) and I couldn't ( in my own humble opinion) agree more.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Excelent mrwupy, just as what I said.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   
A God created everything.

A God is superior to all else.

A God makes the ultimate decisions.

To say "find the god that suits you" is putting the cart before the horse. We are not the ones to decide the suit. We are not God.

This is not the right forum, and I will move it. The right forum, since this is NOT a conspiracy, is BTS.

What say we make an effort to place it in the right forums instead of expecting someone else to do it.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Thats why they call it Faith. I agree that noone has the right to criticize or coerce people about their faith or lack of it. I enjoy speaking to people about religion, beliefs, and ideas of spirituality. In many ways, I like what Wupy says - every man and woman need to learn to listen to that voice of God (forgive me if I use my personal point of reference and reverence) inside of each of us. Christ himself said that he will destroy the temple and rebuild it in three days. What was He talking about? God is not a building, not an institution. Christ was telling us that He was the new temple - and as He was a man, one of use, than we too were temples. This is why Catholics and many other Christians maintain that the body is a sacred vessel and should not be contaminated.

So why a church? Well, Wupy as a Unitarian can likely more eloquently discuss this, I will share my perspective. Going to mass is not something I do because I have to; I go because I enjoy spending time with people who share my beliefs. I find the rituals and procedures to be comforting and a means to focus on the God that dwells in each of us. Do I believe that my faith is 'the best' faith? I do - at least for me. The doctrine of my faith includes missionary work - Catholicism is a missionary religion. I satisfy my obligations through good works and setting an example, not by coercion.

Thanks for reading this post..

PS Wupy - we gotta stop meeting like this!

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I cant think of any better place for this thread, although it would fit nicely in several others

the idea of one god came about by Qabalism, but this one god was a faceless force of creation.. it isnt a god like zeus, or shiva or odin. it isnt a single being that sits up on some high ivory throne, but the energy that binds the atom and the energy that fuels the human mind

Qabalism is the foundation of judism, and by proxy christiandom.. most christians would flip out at this.. and even more so when you tell them that Yeshua (Jesus' hebrew name) was a Qabalist. and if you study the Qabalah and hold it to the words of Yeshua you will see that his words not only hold true by the Qabalah, but are enhanced by it.. even if you already have a good grasp on his words, it will only expand on your understanding

Now all this having been said.. it isnt about what god you worship, so long as it is a god of peace love and wisdom.. we put faces and names to our gods so that we can better understand them, but in the end.. we are all worshiping the same thing.. that force of creation

that having been said... it is my opinion and suggestion that you read every sacred text you can get your fingers on.. from the bible to the quran and everything in between. you dont have to belive that Yeshua was some mythic promised savior to benifit from his words, and the same holds true with the works of any of the other great teachers.. but remember that those who speak the truth, speak of peace and love, and the speak for the glory of the creator, and not for their own glory

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I couldn't find any better place to place this quote, so here goes:

"God created manking and men created the gods. This is how it is in the world - the men create the gods and they worship their creations. It would have been more appropiate for the gods to worship mankind!" - The Gospel of Philip

[edit on 19/10/2005 by AkashicWanderer]

new topics

top topics

join