It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Separation Anxiety

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Why do people (i.e. media, politicians, forums) separate Egypt from Africa? Being that it is in Africa I think it should be mentioned more. Is this a conspiracy to disassociate the greatness of Egypt (i.e. pyramids, sphynx, cradle of known civilization) from the black population? Also the birthplace of Christianity. The signs are everywhere.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I know I'm going to sound stupid here, but I didn't even know Egypt was in Africa until I looked for the Pyramids on Google Earth.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   
That is exactly what i am saying. Most people know about the pyramids but ask them the location and they will almost never say Africa.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Is Africa near the pyramids?

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   
garyo1954 the pyramids are in Africa...

The Pyramids are in Egypt and Egypt is in Africa...

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infra_red
Why do people (i.e. media, politicians, forums) separate Egypt from Africa?

For the same reason Canada, Mexico, and the US is seperated from North America when they're mentioned.

Or why China, Japan, Louse, or Singapore is seperated from Asia when they're mentioned.

Or why France, Germany, Russia, or Belgium is seperated from Europe when those countries are mentioned.

Simply put, unless something is affecting several countries at once, the continet name is seldom mentioned.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 12:37 AM
link   
i think its actually more along the lines of clumping it together with its allies against israel (ie, those that attacked israel together in past wars).

and by the way, how do you get that the birthplace of christianity was in egypt? last time i checked, bethlehem, nazareth, and jerusalem were not in egypt.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Maybe its a self definition issue.
Do "Egyptians" define themesleves as "africans"?

I think Egyptians and Africans can be racial descriptions, therefore egyptians, of arabic extract do not see themselves as african negros.

Maybe the answer to your question lies in how Egyptians see themselves.

my 2 cents....

top topics

join