It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meditation: help me, please.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I just meditated (for the first time properly) for about ten minutes, even though it felt like I was meditating for about two minutes, and about half way through, it felt like I was rotating left and right, very rapidly. Then when I started "coming back" it felt like I was slowly rotating right. It still feels like I'm spinning round now, and the things in front of me (monitor etc.) keep moving left and right very rapidly.

Is this normal?

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 08:07 PM
link   

By meditating you hope to achieve healing, clarity and peace. It is not for us to only use when we feel peaceful but to use when we are in turmoil, to use when we have been over and over a situation and cannot come to a solution.
Meditation becomes a state of conscious listening.

Where and when to meditate. Find a quiet and comfortable area of your home, finding a time to suit you is best as you don't want to feel hassled. You may burn incense or oils if you like.

What to do. 1. Find a position that's comfortable for you, whether it's on the floor or a chair doesn't matter.

2. Shut your eyes and start relaxing your body, tense and untense the muscles starting from your head down to your toes, feel your body relax.

3. Breathing, you're aiming to achieve deep breathes. You can not breathe in fully unless you breathe out fully. An easy way to learn this is to count slowly.... in-2-3 hold for another second then out-2-3 wait a second and then repeat.

4. Balancing the left and right sides of your brain. To achieve a balance there's an exercise called Alternate Nostril Breathing.
The right hand is used to close either

Rest can be found here.

__________________________________________________-___________
Be Cool
K_OS

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Thank you for the quick response, K_OS.

I tried again the other day as I've had a big break and found I fell back into it easily though I started going too deep which made me feel ill.

Anyone else ever get feelings like that?

- I have. It feels like vertigo or something, like the floor is dropping out from underneath me. I've read about people "traveling" this way but I'm a little weary of trying that myself.

I was beginning to "travel"?!

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 08:37 PM
link   
It sure seems that way.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   
On my first real attempt?! Is that even normal? I'm er.. quite shocked to say the least. If I had carried on "travelling", where would I have ended up?

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   
There are many possibilites... Depending on where you want to go. Believe it or not you still have control, even though it may be subcon.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Woah, cool. Thank you for the help. Never thought I'd have such a successful experience the first time round. I'll definately be doing it much more often.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by xeroxed88
On my first real attempt?! Is that even normal? I'm er.. quite shocked to say the least. If I had carried on "travelling", where would I have ended up?

grats on your big breakthough, but try to avoid labeling things with the term "Normal" when talking about such things.. because when you start using the label "normal" eventually somethings get labels "Abnormal"

as for wether or not what you experienced is "Normal", well it's different for all of us.. and normal just doesnt apply really.. some peoples breakthroughs are very subtle, some are vastly more profound.

i myself tend to have strong pattern recognition, so i often experience things more subtly, some people dont put the peices together so easily, so those peices need to be alittle bigger so each peice of the puzzle shows more of the whole picture.. but as long as your getting results then it really doesnt matter much as to which you are.. but i would have to admit that such a big experience would likely give alot of encouragement

Soo again, Congrats on your breakthrough.. i myself have a hell of a time with meditation.. my ADD (Thats Attention Defficet, not dungeons and dragons!!) makes it very difficult to maintain a stong deep state of meditation

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Becon of Light

Originally posted by xeroxed88

grats on your big breakthough, but try to avoid labeling things with the term "Normal" when talking about such things.. because when you start using the label "normal" eventually somethings get labels "Abnormal"

as for wether or not what you experienced is "Normal", well it's different for all of us.. and normal just doesnt apply really.. some peoples breakthroughs are very subtle, some are vastly more profound.

i myself tend to have strong pattern recognition, so i often experience things more subtly, some people dont put the peices together so easily, so those peices need to be alittle bigger so each peice of the puzzle shows more of the whole picture.. but as long as your getting results then it really doesnt matter much as to which you are.. but i would have to admit that such a big experience would likely give alot of encouragement

Soo again, Congrats on your breakthrough.. i myself have a hell of a time with meditation.. my ADD (Thats Attention Defficet, not dungeons and dragons!!) makes it very difficult to maintain a stong deep state of meditation

Thanks for the congrats
And yes, it has given me much encouragement to carry on meditating.

Take care.

EDIT: Typo.

[edit on 18-10-2005 by xeroxed88]

fum

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
first of all gj man on your first attempt.
and second of all how do you see your past life cause i really want to see mine i think i might have been some1 famous
or killed some1 famous

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by fum
first of all gj man on your first attempt.
and second of all how do you see your past life

For that you must visit the Akashic Records

Where are they? In the dreamworld.

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   
*cough*akashic records are on the astral right next to the celestial fields*cough*

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I find this odd as I have similar experences when meditating, after I flatten out into the "zone" as i like to call it,I feel my self swaying left to right as if someone is moving my bed in and out parallel to the wall. If I consentrate on this movement I seem to be able to speed it up or slow it down, I dont know what it is but it seems to be happening more often of late.I can make it(whatever this sensation is) go very fast but this tends to up my heart-rate signifcantly it feels like my whole body is ?buzzing?.

I just mainly use meditation for relaxation,but im curious as to what this is, so guys care to shed a little light on this for me?

[edit on 22-10-2005 by Merkeva]

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Did you hear a noise? Like a whooshing or popping in your ears?

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merkeva
I find this odd as I have similar experences when meditating, after I flatten out into the "zone" as i like to call it,I feel my self swaying left to right as if someone is moving my bed in and out parallel to the wall. If I consentrate on this movement I seem to be able to speed it up or slow it down, I dont know what it is but it seems to be happening more often of late.I can make it(whatever this sensation is) go very fast but this tends to up my heart-rate signifcantly it feels like my whole body is ?buzzing?.

I just mainly use meditation for relaxation,but im curious as to what this is, so guys care to shed a little light on this for me?

[edit on 22-10-2005 by Merkeva]

Ahh, you just saved me a lot of typing! The same thing happened to me last night while I was meditating in bed. It was very strange. It felt like my bed was moving from side to side and I had control of how fast it would move... very weird.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by zenlover28
Did you hear a noise? Like a whooshing or popping in your ears?

Nope no noise, just silence, when this happens though its very hard to ignore it,
its nothing major really just a very odd sensation,I'm glad to see others have felt similar things.Im just at a loss to what it is.

new topics

top topics

join