It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man sues God

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Apparently, a Romanian prisoner is suing God on the grounds of breach of contract

The inmate argued that his baptism was a contract between him and God who was supposed to keep the Devil away and keep him out of trouble. He added: “God even claimed and received from me various goods and prayers in exchange for forgiveness and the promise that I would be rid of problems and have a better life. “But on the contrary I was left in Devil’s hands.” The complaint was sent to the Timisoara Court of Justice and forwarded to the prosecutor’s office. But prosecutors said it would probably be dropped and they were unable to subpoena God to court.

link

This whole suing thing is getting completely out of hand. The fact that a court will even dignify this by acknowledging this guy is startling.

In any event, isn't getting baptized supposed to help you after you die, thus he wouldn't have grounds to sue?

EDIT: forgot link

[edit on 18-10-2005 by American Mad Man]

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   
God and McDonalds! Whats next?
If this isnt "frivolous" i dont know what is

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Seems this guy didn't understand the contract, and totally neglected his contractual obligation to flee from evil.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Haha, this is great. It's like that movie where his boat gets destroyed by lighting or wind or something and he sues God.
I think that's how it went, I can't remember.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
Haha, this is great. It's like that movie where his boat gets destroyed by lighting or wind or something and he sues God.
I think that's how it went, I can't remember.

I believe you are talking about The Man Who Sued God.

Anyway, what in the hell (pun intended) does he expect to get in return? Money from the Catholic Church?

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Why not start a class action suit against God? Something like the states used in the anti-tobacco cases.

Imagine everyone in the world sueing God for creating tobacco, or disease, or chocolate?

The upside is we wouldn't have to worry about service. Since God knows everything He must know about the lawsuit as well?!?

I wish I had thought of this. I would sue for the winning lotto numbers at least a dozen times.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   
This is completely ridiculous! Even if by some weird quark of fate he does get it to trial and the courts find God 'guilty' what then? It's not like the court would have any power over God...

new topics

top topics

join