It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spirit sees UFO in Martian Sky???? What do you think

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Just ran across this photo of "Spirit UFO in Martian skies". Doesnt look like a out of commission satelite or a meteorite to me. Curious to see what everyone else thinks.

Spirit sees UFO in Martian Sky

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   
That object is HUGE, or at least looks like it would have to be much larger than any space junk.
I cannot save the image to fool around with as I guess NASA does that so one cannot maneuver with it..

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I right clicked the picture , copied it and pasted it to my picture program then saved it.

That thing is huge, maybe a Monolith? Intersting though.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by seattlescott
I right clicked the picture , copied it and pasted it to my picture program then saved it.

That thing is huge, maybe a Monolith? Intersting though.

Is there any way you can post the imaged here or make a link to it for me?
Or a long way off cigar shaped ship?

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Heres the picture siriuslyone

Its a interesting object I dont know what to make of it.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Heres the picture siriuslyone

Its a interesting object I dont know what to make of it.

Thank you, I am going to do some cropping, etc on it..
This last 2 weeks, there have been do many images posted on here that are clearly not fakes.....the time is a=comin soon..

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   
looks kind of like the big cylander from the phobos probe mystery thingy if you don't remember or know what I'm talking about then here:

www.science-frontiers.com...

Spiderj

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I magnifide it about 400% and the edges look to be pretty sqaured. Still not sure what to make of it.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiderj
looks kind of like the big cylander from the phobos probe mystery thingy if you don't remember or know what I'm talking about then here:

www.science-frontiers.com...

Spiderj

very interesting..this would make the object seen by Phobos to be:
20 KM=12.4274238 miles long
02 KM=1.2427424 miles wide

REALLY big object, but it does look like the Nasa image...??

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I think a meteorite will suffice.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Keep in mind that the picture was a 15 second exposure , so whatever it is it is not nessesarily cylindrical and is far to slow to be a meteorite.

Accourding to the NASA source you provided the Viking 2 is the only orbiting body that would have the correct orbit and speed as seen on the photo.

If you could prove that it is not the Viking 2 in the photo you have a true unknown.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   
What I love about this site is that there are hundreds of pairs of eyes, and all have different perceptions of one thing...

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   
]]]]On March 28, 1989, Russian ground controllers suddenly and unexpectedly lost contact with their spacecraft that was shadowing the Martian moon Phobos. The last close-up photo of Phobos snapped by the spacecraft contained "an object which shouldn't have been there." [[[[[

Science Frontiers from link posted, so it has been seen by other than the Viking..

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by lost_shaman
Keep in mind that the picture was a 15 second exposure , so whatever it is it is not nessesarily cylindrical

I agree with this. The object in this image is definately not the shape it appears to be.

As for what it is, I dont know.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   
This is what it looks like with an 800% crop..

img442.imageshack.us...

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 01:40 AM
link   
It looks like a meteorite. I cant think of anything else that would produce that sort of trail.

But everyone also has to remember that conditions on Mars are totally different than on earth. The atmosphere there contains almost no oxygen, and mostly carbon dioxide, and is considerably thinner than our atmosphere. This and the lower gravity, plus Mars' lack of a magnetic field all would effect the appearance and movement of meteorites. Exactly how it would change their appearance, I do not know, as I have never watched a meteor on Mars.

It would be better if we knew the objects altitude, angle, time and elevation of its first appearance, so that we could get a good fix on its size and actual speed.

new topics

top topics

join