It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hell Houses

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by DigitalGrl
yea its true

i agree with grey star on this one.

Kind Regards,
DigitalGrl

Thanks Digi!

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Ok, I have located several hell houses in my area and I'm gonna try to sneak my camera in and get some pics. If I do I'll try and share them with you guys.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I worked at a real commercial haunted house (Haunted Verdun Manor) for many years, and didn't see anyone convert permanently to or from or to anything because of their experiences there after a single visit. I think that if people are disposed to believe and have a certain type of personality, then they might have a mild emotional breakdown and be persuaded to a particular belief.

I think it's very seldom permanent, though I'm sure that people try to ensure its permanency by making the newly converted go to church with them.

Almost everyone they take will see through the tactic. Church members believe in it and it will reinforce their faith. But I don't see it working on others.

And DO post the pictures! What fun!

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 12:53 AM
link   
My first thought was that it was sick for kids to be subjected to this type of thing but in reality they are subjected to sex and violence everywhere they look these days,with all the pregnant teens and murder in the classroom taking place...maybe real life horror houses is what some of these kids need to wake up a little...I dont agree with any scheme to trick kids into any religion but the show alone may help some kids see what they need to avoid some of the horrible realities depicted in these haunted houses.Is it fair to say that by seeing a possible outcome of an abortion that some kids would choose safe sex that maybe would not have otherwise...I think so.You may say that its to shocking but the way kids grow up now,if you dont shock them,your ignored.

[edit on 24-10-2005 by jimstradamus]

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
Hahaha, oh God.
I just watched that trailer and the "Hell" clip, what a joke!
Glad we don't have these here in Australia.

I was thinking the same thing, although there's always next year

Is there any age limit for the kids in these things? I couldn't seem to find anything in the links provided, I mean I doubt anyone is going to be harmed in this kind of thing, but how young are the kids. I think if I had really young children myself, I wouldn't want them in one of these places, kind of an intimidating conversion tactic for young ones.

My thoughts anyway

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 12:56 AM
link   
This is outrageous. A friend of mine asked me to go to one. I thought it was just some sort of haunted house. I didn't go, I really don't like haunted houses that much anyway.

Most of my friends are christians. I'm not. But after reading this thread I now know what a Hell House really is. This is insane.

But, it's a free country...

Sure is a cheap way of imposing your views on someone else. The intended target isn't christians, it's people like me who don't know what they are, and aren't really involved in church.

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   
These things are truly scary.

Imagine, people actually believe the nonsense depicted in these hell houses. What could be more frightening than ignorant militant masses?

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   
This thread caught my eye, because this whole issue really, REALLY angers me. For the last few years now in mid-October I send out warnings to people about these "Hell House" shenanigans, and ask people to pass them on. This is one of the sickest, most warped things the fundies have latched onto, and to think that it is somehow better than what they claim to be against is laughable at best. These are not just minor little productions...they cost thousands of dollars and they spend a lot of time on them. THey literally bring in semis to the bigger ones for all the equipment. The abortion is a botched abortion and it is gruesome! And the dead fetus speaks to the girl from 'heaven' in supposed various stages of life that she will now miss. They stage a gay marriage...and they end up with AIDS and go to hell where they are tormented. They stage a suicide...and she goes to hell. They can also visit hell and see how awful it is...they are then shown heaven and how great it is. They can then be 'saved' in a special area. There is a lot more to this, and this was just a sample...but it is SICK!!

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Thomas C. - Nope, I'm all for love and the good stuff....and I love a good scare....but there is a BIG difference between going to see a scary movie knowing full well that it is just that... a MOVIE. The whole thing with the Hell Houses is that they use fear to try to convert these kids/adults in a VERY sick manner. These are supposedly "real" situations in life...give me a break! It's sick...plain and simple...and no amount of "are you afraid of the message" garbage is gonna change that!

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 06:59 PM
link   
It's just another way for them to spread their agenda.

It reminds me of an event I was invited to a few years ago which I
was told was supposed to be an emergency training drill for people involved in county emergency management and all it was was staged scare tactics by the Mothers Against Drunk Driving.

They staged a fake car crash at the high school and then took all the students to the footbal field and made them watch while they took bloody lifeless bodies out of cars and recovered liquor bottles, then the air ambulance flew in and landed by the cars and flew out with several fake victoms.

After that the Police Chief, The County Sheriff and the local MADD folks lectured the students.

There were also a few churches in my city doing the same thing tonight but with their own agendas.

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I attended one of these maybe 5 or 6 years ago out of sheer curiosity and was absolutely offended.. the group that put this one on is actually pretty widely regarded as a cult. They had scenes that delt with suicide, drug use, teen pregnancy, not going to church, etc. Even had a lake of fire. They had these "tour guides" who were paramilitary type seeming guys who were supposed to "protect you? on your journey through hell, etc. When you got out, of course they had a legion of church members who wanted to "pray with you" and "talk about the experience". I tried to ask them what it was like to be a member of a cult. hehe

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I am glad we dont have any of this sick Sh*t going on in Europe...

// k

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I was just thinking about the question Byrd asks. Supposing you do manage to terrify someone into "making a decision for Jesus" after being scared sh**less at one of these things--how long do you suppose such a "conversion" will last? This is someone making a "decision" under the most extreme emotional duress--this ain't about "free will" at all, which it's supposed to be! I think you'll have one of two possible outcomes--either someone who clings to this sect's version of "Christianity" out of a mindless terror of hell (not a great Christian in my view, motivated by fear and fear alone), OR a person who once the fear fades will go back to their old ways and will incidentally probably be "inoculated" against Christianity for life, due to the scars they suffered during this emotional assault. I can only imagine the kind of emotional distress, nightmares, terror of hell (and religion!) and all the other kinds of emotional damage that will result from this kind of shameless exhibition. I expect some people could suffer lifelong negative consequences from a horror show like this, especially those who are very young and vulnerable. Because remember--unlike horror movies, this is not presented as fiction. This is presented as REALITY, and that is far more terrifying. I know--I've never been to a Hell House and never will--the whole idea repulses me--but in my childhood I was exposed to some attempts to frighten me into conversion. All it did was give me nightmares!!

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Seriously...
Well it just goes to show how small minded and intolerant these people are. Typical.
Crowley once said something to the effect of intolerance being the sign of impotence.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   
anyone know where theres a list of locations of these things? im only hearing about this for the first time and i do find this mildly hilarious to the degrees some people will sink to get you to join them.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   
First I was mad about how local churches had Happy Harvest Fest instead of Happy halloween.
They got offended by what they called witchcraft and satanism monsters ghouls demons and such.
It angered me alot!
Now theres these Hell houses and Hell homes going up.
Guess what now I'm offended!
I think they should stop, if they were true xtians they wouldn't be mocking the darkerside of life
"trying to scare" someone into saving them selves.
They shouldn't be dressed up as demons ghosts or anything else.
They shouldn't even celebrate the night of the dead.
Let alone try to change it all around with Harvest fest.
What they should do is open their doors at night and offer service thats all.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   
i hope this doens't become the longest post ever!!!! i went to a hell house! ok it was crazy!!! halloween stuff??? no. they had abortions,suicide,even premarital sex...after which the participants were sent to hell. but anyway,i brought my digi cam....well....it got smashed. i swear...one of the deacons caught me with it and threw it!!!! needless to say i was FULLY reimbersed for the cam!!!! god,but the pics i got!!! my bri laughed the whole way through because of the crazy stuff. then they called us in to pray with them. man, that documentary was right on. i'll go again next year and take my cami phone instead of my actual camera. if this doesn't constitute scare tactics...then i AM an idiot! hope everybody had a HAPPY CRAZY HALLOWEEN!!!!!

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I'd love to see some of the picts if they came out
Sorry to hear of the camera being smashed
they shoulda respected your property

If I ever wind up going I'll take a video camera and
a few people and I'll use 'em as a cushion so I can shoot

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   
that's ok....they were also offended because i was wearing my Red Sonja costume........sure gotta lot of looks from the hardcore sinless christians!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   
While they may be effective for kids who are members of that Church, to most teens they're just silly. A few who want to believe will be converted but everyone else just finds them amazingly lame and obvious.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join