It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dating Agencies, Possible Recruiting Of Terrorists?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Myself and a friend of mine were discussing how terrorists form their groups, and how they want to become one as such. We came up with the usual things like 'they are from the same village', or 'they are against anything Western' etc etc.
We could not come to a conclusion about this at all.

One point did crop up though. That is, it must be harder these days to become a terrorist organization, because the Western World Intel is monitoring the movements of the so called 'known' groups.
So what better way to fool the Security people than to set up a dating agency?
Basically you fill in a questionnaire to find your match. But, and here is the but, it could be all cloak and dagger stuff. It may not be a dating agency at all, but a dedicated group putting together a plan that, to all intents and purpose, is nothing more than match making to deceive the security people.

Example...
Person 'A' meets up on a date with person 'B', except that it is a date to swap plans or maybe move detonating devices etc. How could they be picked up if they were using a 'dating agency', which looks innocent enough?

Could this type of ruse actually work against the Western Security? Maybe, maybe not, but all avenues must surely be covered. Have they got it covered?

This was just one of many scenarios that we came up with, and we come up with many after a beer or two, but this one could have some credibility.

Dont flame me about this, it was just a topic that we both thought could have some reasonable logic about it.

[edit on 18-10-2005 by Bikereddie]

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bikereddie
So what better way to fool the Security people than to set up a dating agency?

I know what you're saying... and sure. Could be done.

But here's what I think. Take one of those freaking 2 hour long are you a unabomber yet tests like they give you on e-harmony sometime.

You're being profiled alright. But not for the love of your life.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Biker, what an intriguing observation you have made. The possibilities of using personal services are endless. Imagine “dates” arranged through a dating service are actually Al Qaeda meetings and gatherings, nearly impossible to trace or monitor.

And with some of the freaks that use these services, which freaks would raise a flag? If everybody you are monitoring fit the profile of a weirdo, how can the profile have any value?

I think you have tapped into something here Biker.

I bet some of these dating services may be terrorist fronts all together designed from the start that way. Absolutely worth looking into by the feds (like they aren’t reading this right now).

Any of you guys out there using these dating services keep an eye out, you maybe an unwilling participant in the global war on terror…Or a willing one….

[edit on 19-10-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Hmm I do agree with you, and yes it could be happeneing right now but I'd be more convinced that terrorists wouldn't even bother trying to cloak themselves in this way. They could just ring up who ever they want to meet and say "hey what you upto this weekend, fancy a drink", rather than going through all the hassle of signing up and going through the whole dating agency process.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Presumably you think that the majority of terrorist's are of middle eastern origin??

I have this mental picture of purely arabs coming in and out of dating agencies.
Since most of them have arranged marriages, wouldnt it be easier to pass on information that way, within the family so to speak.......

I live in london, and when the 7/7 bombers struck. My birthday by the way.
i cant help thinking, that well, only 56 people died. i mean it was a loss, but only 56 people.
on any fri/sat night you can go to clubs that pack out a hell of a lot more people.and security could be got around.
And many more casualties would happen, shopping centre, which has very poor security. In london anyway.

Rather than the amount of deaths on the undeground, i know they wanted to instill fear, and disrupt our travel within the city, and affect the economy in some way.

Obviously im not a terrorist, but if i was i could think of bigger better, more accessible places to target.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I always think that...

Why not hit a football stadium when it's at full capacity? Thousands of people would be killed and the place would be in absolute chaos, not to mention how bad the clubs would suffere due to lost ticket sales.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 08:50 AM
link   
So why havent they?
have they the resources?

And yes that would cripple the clubs, but lots of different people go clubbing from judges to your average joe.

So the fear factor would be in us all.

If thats what they want to create.

Then you have to ask yourself, like some poeople have specualted, that its not terrorists at all, but some else, creating a climate of fear.
So that might be a reason why certain places are not targeted.
Because it might affect "them"

Whats your views?

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   
OK, some have mentioned targeting night clubs etc.

To do this they would have to meet up to coordinate the attack. Using mobile phones ,or even landlines could be a risk for them if the group they are with is already under surveillance.Once they have met up for 'drinks' and a 'getting to know you chat', they could arrange to meet at a night club on any given date. OK, they would not get in with backpacks, but they could be strapped up with explosives under their clothing.

The idea regarding the 'dating agency' would be for members to leave each other messages via the agency. The agency could then set up a 'meet' between the parties involved. All this could seem, on the surface, totally legitimate.

Some 'meets' could actually be legitimate to 'cloak' the ulterior motives with in the agency. This would ultimately throw off any untoward attention from anyone watching.

As for the style of people who actually use dating agencies, i have no idea. I have my reservations about them. Just do a google search and see what kind of sites you find, and what type of people are among the candidates.
Personally,I would have thought it easier and cheaper to chat a person up in a bar. But thats just my opinion.

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Right....

Lets try and get some info off people that have some knowledge of the workings of a dating agency.

At the moment, my info is what i have gathered off the net. Some , or most of it could be wrong. I have no real idea how these agency things work.

How about some info from anyone who has had direct dealings, or actually runs a dating agency? Then maybe we could discuss if the topic title is feasible or not.

new topics

top topics

join