It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALIENS and the end times

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   
There is one fact that seems to tie in aliens with The end times. This would be the sudden appearance of many UFO's in the late 1940's starting with Roswell. All of the factors that are associated with the end of days started in the late 40's such as the rebirth of israel as a soverign nation, the sudden acceleration of technology, the invention of the transistor, the roswell crash, rapid changes in the social structure of the world, more frequent earthquakes and extreme weather, and spiritual confusion.

let me get back to my point. I believe that anything that has a place in the end times will have some major happening very close to the time of the rebirth of the state of israel. If the occupants of the UFO's are in some way in cahoots with the fallen angels of the bible and satan, and if the united states has been in contact with the aliens at a very high level. And if the reports of Dulce are true. then we know that the government of the united states is working with the fallen angels to to prevent some event from happening. what event I would leave that up to the posters on this thread to speculate about.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by scienceguy94
This would be the sudden appearance of many UFO's in the late 1940's

The history of 'UFOs' stretches back long before the 1940s or even the 1900s. The history of UFOs can be traced back through-out most of human history.

I'd also like to draw attention to the "if"s used in the main implications of the thread. Being:

If the occupants of the UFO's are in some way in cahoots with the fallen angels of the bible and satan, and if the united states has been in contact with the aliens at a very high level. And if the reports of Dulce are true. then we know that the government of the united states is working with the fallen angels

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I wouldn't put too much worry into aliens being fallen angels. There simply aren't any to be found or willing to be found if they exist. These are hardly the types that are looking to decieve mankind. Reality is that a majority of accepted or partly plausable sightings and events happened over 40-60 years ago. Most of what exists today are the hoaxes perpertrated in the 1990's.

However as some have posted, there are those taking the whole alien/ufo phenomenon to a religious level. A level where nothing is questioned and faith is absolute. Now that is very fertile ground for someone "more human" to come in and lead people down a merry road of doom, so to speak.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I would agree with shorty that the History of UFOs stretches far back into human history.

I would disagree with nullster's idea that all the plausible sightings took place 40- 60 years ago. They still happen to this day.

I find the tendency to give UFO's religious significance to be disturbing at best.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Why can't you give UFO's religious signifigance. You can't prove these exist just like you can't prove God exists. there is alot of similarity. I still think that UFo's are somehow tied into the end times scenarios some how.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by scienceguy94

Why can't you give UFO's religious signifigance. You can't prove these exist just like you can't prove God exists. there is alot of similarity.

I disagree , I believe the Hessdalen Project has established scientific proof that Unidentified Aerial Phenomena physically exists.

[edit on 18-10-2005 by lost_shaman]

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
True it dates right back to Pharoh's time.. So that argument relating UFO's to the endtime is plain rubbish

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Heres something to think about: What if the birth of humankind on this planet was the start of the end times. It just takes alot of years to get there.
Hmmm.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I would have to say there is NO evidence to support the theory that aliens are "angels" or "demons" or will be part of the end of times. I'm not saying they aren't or couldn't, but there's no evidence. I tend to think aliens are advanced intelligent life forms, and they're on a different thought pattern frequency than we are. They don't like to interact with us, don't act or think like we do, and only observe us and abduct a few humans from time to time for what ever their reasons are... my 2 cents

[edit on 18-10-2005 by meshuggah1324]

[edit on 18-10-2005 by meshuggah1324]

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   
scienceguy94 - If I gave UFO's religious significance I may as well give dragons religious significance. There is far more global historical proof that dragons existed than aliens existed. They are even mentioned in the bible by name.

The day you should give aliens religious significance is when they are seen publicly and not one day before. There is already the ufo faithful and the religious cults spawned from them. I think people that idolize aliens are already headed down the track you seem so concerned about. By demonizing you are validating a non entity for religious reasons which is just as bad which may ultimately undermine your ideas or concerns.

As for Aliens in ancient history. I have that Chariots of the Gods book and others and I occasionaly read them for amusement sake. Chariots itself sold like a bazzillion copies in the 70's.

Erich Von Daniken took extreme artistic liberties in his rationalizations and interpretations of ancient stone art and drawiings. Some of the notation in book are just laughable because they are based on pure presumption without fact. Unfortunately people unwittingly use these ideas as the basis for supporting UFOs through ancient times. If someone wants to see space men in cave art, knock yourself out. .

[edit on 18-10-2005 by nullster]

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by nullster

Some of the notation in book are just laughable because they are based on pure presumption without fact. Unfortunately people unwittingly use these ideas as the basis for supporting UFOs through ancient times. If someone wants to see space men in cave art, knock yourself out. .

nullster,

I was thinking more along the lines of real historical accounts of UFOs like these.

329 BC:
Alexander the Great, via his historians: told of 2 strange objects in the sky that dived repeatedly at his army as they were attempting a river crossing. (Jaxartes River). The action so panicked his elephants, horses, and men they had to abandon the river crossing until the following day. They were described as great silver shields, spitting fire around the rims.

90 BC:
From Prodigia of Julius Obsequens, Rome "At Aernarie, while Livius Troso was promulgating the laws at the beginning of the italiian war, at sunrise, there came a terrific noise in the sky, and a globe of fire appeared burning in the north. In the territory of Spoletum, a globe of fire, of golden color, fell to the earth gyrating. It then seemed to increase in size, rose from the earth and ascended into the sky, where it obscured the sun with its brilliance. It revolved toward the eastern quadrant of the sky."

70 AD, May 21:
From Josephus "Jewish War" Book CXI "On the 21st of May a demonic phantom of incredible size...for before sunset there appeared in the air over the whole country chariots and armed troops coursing through the clouds and surrounding the cities."

Part Two: Medieval Times

1235:
General Yoritsume was at military camp with his unit on September 24, 1235, when a most extraordinary phenomenon was sighted. Through the night and into the early morning lights in the sky were seen swinging, circling, and looping. General Yoritsume had some astronomers working for him investigate this phenomenon. They came up with perhaps the first explanation offered for UFOs, 'The whole thing is completely natural, General, it is only the wind making the stars sway'.

1528:
At the Siege of Utrecht in Holland " A cruel and strange sight was seen in the sky, which terrified the townspeople and made the enemy think he would get the city. It was the form of a Burgundian cross right over the city, high in the sky, yellow in color, and fearful to behold."

How you can dismiss these events because you read some goofy book from the 70's is beyond me.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   
How do you think religion started?
No one knows the truth, but one of the reasons why could be because along time ago "gods" came down to earth, and interacted with some citizens. They gave stuff to em, to help em along the path. Look at Greek mythology. There were numerous "gods". Then they left. People got scared and started fighting about whos "god(s)" were the greatest. Then the Christian "god" came along and started killing because that "god" said he was the true one and no other one was correct. But does that mean the Christian "god" is the only "god" no.
What happened to the other "god(s)" of our old past? Why should there be only one "god".
Because of the "god(s)" influence on humankind, we are doomed to never know the truth.
I feel that we need to stop believing in one god and go back to beliving into our multiple gods. That will and can only be the reason we will be alowed to continue our existance.

Main Entry: 1god
Pronunciation: 'gäd also 'god
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Old English; akin to Old High German got god
1 capitalized : the supreme or ultimate reality: as a : the Being perfect in power, wisdom, and goodness who is worshiped as creator and ruler of the universe b Christian Science : the incorporeal divine Principle ruling over all as eternal Spirit : infinite Mind
2 : a being or object believed to have more than natural attributes and powers and to require human worship; specifically : one controlling a particular aspect or part of reality
3 : a person or thing of supreme value
4 : a powerful ruler

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   
The biggest problem i'm having here is understanding why people think we're living in the end times. A part of me rationalizes it with the thought that mankind has ALWAYS believed they were living in the end times, its a sick part of our very nature. Every generation has lived with the thought that eternal doom was just around the corner, yet its still around some mystical future corner just waiting for our arrival.

I don't see it happening folks!

Mankind has been thru allot harder times then the times were going thru now, with desease, famine, plague, floods and every other disaster imagineable. To be honest, we have it pretty sweet right now.

Regardless of where you are going or where you have been, you will always be right where your at. Because of that i will leave the future to God and enjoy today.

If the world blows up while i'm here, (And thats something i'd LOVE to see) well, then the world blew up while I was here. If it doesn't, i'm going to enjoy my time here rather then worry about its demise.

Just my thoughts on it.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 09:18 PM
link   
of course we have always belived we were in the end times. even back in the day of jesus. But you see modern times are different. We have so much learning and technology especially within the last 100 years. Plus extreme tensions in the middleast can lead to a new world order which noboday has even imagined.
But in order to see how these events converge to form major world changing events such as 911 and the iraq war we need to have a more spiritual sense of perception. I think that UFO's are involved with this in some way. i do not know how.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 04:07 AM
link   
if i understood correctly there is no "end times". Bible never talks about "end times", only about "end of an age"....the rest is just a misinterpretation.

I do agree aliens have been here for far longer than 50 years, IMO, its the humans that are getting closer to them due to out evolution and technical progress, not the other way around.

"just my 2 cents"

top topics

join