It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Since when did they stop making tennis shoes that AREN'T ghetto fabulous?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I went to the mall at lunch today in order to purchase a new pair of cross trainers. What the hell happened to all the low-key, mostly white tennis shoes? Do they even make them anymore? I don't want to look like I'm wearing plutonium on my feet? When did freakin' laces become passe? When did clown shoes become all the rage? I ask the dude working there if I looked like the waist of my pants was down around my knees with my boxers on display and he just looks at me like I'm speaking Swahili. I don't care about price, just make me some freakin' normal looking, age appropriate shoes!

Peace

[edit on 18-10-2005 by Dr Love]

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Reebok still makes relatively plain shoes, I suggest you check them out for your needs. Also you might want to look into NSS, Vans, or any other brand of shoes popular with the skateboarding crowd, they tend to be alot less flashy.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
New Balance. For grown ups.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Foot Locker dude: "Can I help you sir?"

Dr. Love: "Yes, I'm looking for your standard, everyday tennis shoe. Something comfortable yet durable."

FLD: "A ha, I have just what you're looking for! How 'bout these? Very comfortable!"

DL: "I was thinking something a little more subdued."

FLD: "Alright, I'm feelin' ya. Check out these bad boys!"

DL: :shk: "Do you have something a little less alloy?"

FLD:

DL: *walks out of store --- tries Lady Foot Locker*

Peace

[edit on 19-10-2005 by Dr Love]

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I was just in footlocker two days ago--didn't have that problem. Walked outta there with two pairs of fresh whiter than white white nikes..one baby blue on white jordan for b-ball, and one white with platinum stripes and purple heels for running...when i get around to it.

but, maybe my taste in kicks is ghetto fab.

try here Nike Town

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   

and...

love kicks!

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   
The first pair isn't too bad. I wouldn't consider them 'ghetto fabulous'. The second pair is gettin' there.

Peace

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Dang! You think the Jordan's ghetto fad...maybe you should stick to New Balances.

Just so yall know when it comes to ankle support no shoe is better than a Jordan.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 02:08 AM
link   
If you hated that stuff, you should see Allen Iversons new shoe. $65,000. It has diamond laces. 246 of the damn things encrusted in white gold. I s*** you not. It's for sale at Eastbay.

Bling - not just for teeth and goblets anymore.
:bash::bnghd:

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Tennis shoes? Pffft! How you expect to sight UFO without those bling-bling space boots?

top topics

join