It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Faith, Spirituality & Theology Below Top Secret?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   
To the uenlightened, faith, hope, charity, spirituality, and theology mean very little. To the enlightened, it means everything. I pray for spiritual blessings for above top secret, below top secret, and every soul that has ever been created.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   
My guess is because it's rather difficult to carry on a rational discussion with a group of people regarding details on religion; too many people get straight into an "I'm right, you're wrong, caca poo poo head" mentality when it comes to issues dealing with faith. My understanding is that ATS is supposed to be for rational debates, while BTS is almost an anything-goes type place (compared to ATS at least).

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
The primary reason is because it's not conspiracy oriented. A conspiracy is a knowing attempt to subvert something. In the case of religion, it would be a knowing attempt to hide the truth by a group of people. This is the difference between the Conspiracies in Religion forum and the Faith, Spirituality & Theology forum.

This forum is for discussing religious matters, why you believe or don't believe something, or whatever. The Above Top Secret forum of Conspiracies in Religion is for concerted efforts to hide the truth of religion, to corrupt a religion, or to lie about something to create a religion.

To MCory's point, all the boards are supposed to be rational debates supported by various evidences. It is unfortunately true that many discussions in this forum fall to tossing insults and one liners at one another, but the same thing often happens in the UFOs forum of ATS. This is discouraged across the board, not just on ATS.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Pretty much on the money there, junglejake.

seekerof

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   
If I may add one clarifying point to my above post, the main reason I didn't label ATS as strictly conspiracy related is because there are a small handful of forums there that aren't conspiracy related (at least not overtly.) The best examples of this are the several scientific forums (Fragile Earth, Sci & Tech, etc.), as well as some in the "Mysterious Subjects" category.

Based on that reasoning, I would label ATS as more of a "formal" discussion area, while BTS is where there's slightly less restrictions on the posting technique. I guess I see ATS as an attempt at a scholarly research journal, while BTS is an attempt at an average newspaper or magazine.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MCory1
...caca poo poo head......

ROFL

(Caca poo poo head) = (mod warning) = (mod=caca poo poo head) = (global ignore) = (U2Umod=caca poo poo head) = BANNED

Peace

top topics

join