It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Teacher Tells Pupils "I Could Blow Up Your Bus"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Such a sad instance. For one thing, being a high school student myself, I wouldn't take this as truth just because kids say so. I remember in eighth grade the entire school was all of a sudden saying how the social studies teacher hit a kid. Now although he didn't seem very stable, I had my doubts. And sure enough, it was just one of those rumors that flys around and quickly turns into "common knowledge".

And even if he did say that, it was probably just a joke. That or at least trying to put some common sense into these kids. A bit stupid of him to make the comment in today's enviroment, but still nothing to worry about. Even I could put a bomb on a bus if I wanted to (not that I do, I'm just making a point), if a physics teacher can't then he isn't exactly qualified for physics.

Honestly, kids these days can be such brats. I'd know since I am one, surronded by many more of them.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   
If I read that quote right, he didn't actually threaten the kids, he just said he could put a bomb on their bus. Saying something like that is in extremely poor taste, but it isn't threatning.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   
well ya know after going to school for some years, i am aiming more towards they made it up.

i mean thats how we got our spanish teacher fired in 6th grade, we made some stuff up, all agreed on it, and told on her. cant say it was right but i was a kid back then and just followed the lead so i wouldnt get picked on any more then i was at the time.

but yea, idk i think i favor they made it up. not guilty till proven innocent, but its possible he did. ive seen teacher do crazy things before.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
Valhall, to be honest if anyone said that in my Physics classes we would have laughed even after things such as 9/11 the teachers we still making jokes and nobody cared.

Odium,

We would have too. I'm not picking any sides on this deal. To me it looks like a combination of an ill-thought out statement with no intention but to teach, and run-away teenage imaginations. His tax is just going to be getting through this publicity and having to explain what he really said about 100 times.

p.s. The kids' tax is going to come when it is resolved he actually didn't threaten them.

[edit on 10-19-2005 by Valhall]

Ram

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Oh... My guess is - The teacher needed control over the class... He needed to say something that would have an impact on the childrens mind.

But it was a mistake...

To lose control - in a classroom...

The question is - What are a teacher suppose to teach children in a world of today...?
That it's a peacefull world? That we are all safe and sound...

We have all gone mad... On all front's...!

Nature is dying - Global warming goin on tours around the globe...

The NWO might be an total control freak illusion...

Admit it - The cure for our disease - are by far - not in the scoolbooks anymore...
We can learn the A-B-C-D-E-F-G...uh..H - I - J...damn...L ?
But the fact that nature has gone wild... We have never ever been taught how to take care of the F*cking planet...We don't learn that in school.. That is something our leaders tend to take care of (as if!)..

The Global mind are changing - And teachers don't know how to teach children to take care of that..There is no book - Other that the bibles - or other holy scriptures to take care of the human mind.

Nature Want's us to take it seriously... But we just can't cause of the fact that it is the leaders job...To herd the sheeps around and clean up this planet... But it's not happening..!!!

And children have to learn how to become small workers...Working for state and glory... Even join the Army and get a bullet inside their bodies..
Make money and join the rich.. Join the famous - And watch cartoons...

Get a mobile phone and make important meetings...

That is what the state want people to teach children... But we all know it's also a lie....

This whole planet are a F*cking lie

Don't look at the skies - you might see a UFO - And by the way... All the stars are just painted by NASA... Even Mr.Hubble made some stars up there..

Don't talk about UFO's - you will go crazy..!!
Do you homework - Or you will end up a junkie...!!
Get a job - Or die!!

It's a system... It's a mathematical system... Everything lined up for your death...

yea but?

You don't need to ask any questions child!! Just do as your told!!
As we did before you came around...For about 2005 years...

We do have rules of engagement for people who say they will blow up a buss...A car or a church... We put them in prison.. And suck out the rest of their soul.

That is the system - And if nature have to go down - Well be it!

Make money - Make a family - Watch TV - And intertain yourself to death.

How is a teacher suppose to teach a class the seriousness this world supposely are facing.. A terror threat... Around the corner - Your next door m8..
Poor teacher... Caught on this damned planet... And now we jugde him - Or shall i say - Let's punish the bastard...

There are many ways to portrayer reality... Indeed this world have free speech...But for how long..???

What is the average mind learning on TV these days..? Terror!! And be brave civilian persons...Follow the system.

Oh anyway.. Who cares?

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Freak'n stupid thing to say to some kids. I'm sure all teenagers are
aware of the fact that terrorism is a threat. This was needless
intimidation.

Kids can be brats, but so can teachers. My daughter's social studies
teacher is awful. Here at home we've nick named her 'The Nazi'.

[edit on 10/19/2005 by FlyersFan]

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I agree, ff. It just didn't need to be said. There's no sensible reason for making any kind of example to a bunch of 13 year olds that could cause any given one of them to have an anxiety attack the next time they have to get on a school bus. It doesn't matter if the kids took it wrong or not, the fact is you just don't need to use this type of example.

He's paying for it now, though. It's all going to come out in the wash - and what I mean is, whether the kids misrepresented what he said, took it wrong, whatever - but if he used this as an example, he made a stupid decision. You really can't get around that.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 07:36 AM
link   
It was just the wrong thing said to the wrong kids. If I was in a class and heard that said I wouldn't have thought anything of it apart from it being a bad tasted comment. I really don't think the kids in question would have thought twice about it either, it probably fell into conversation with a kid and their parents who then decided to take further action.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Yeah, I think it's just poor/stupid judegment on the teachers part. And the kids are probably way overeacting.

Anyways, One of my teachers in HS was Arabic, a really good guy. I (and a few others) used to joke with him all the time about him being a terrorist and working for some rogue terrorist group set on terrorising Americas youth via hours and hours of Physics. And a few times we would joke about bombs and all that kinda stuff.

But this was all pre-9/11.......

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   
This was a substitute teacher wasn't it? Poor guy was probably being ignored by the class, or even worse, being teased or having his authority flouted (since he wouldn't be there long), and just said what he did to try to gain control of the students. That probably wasn't the only thing said either. Point I'm trying to make is that he probably was not in control of his students and was trying to get that control. His tactic apparently did not work and after this episode he may not be able to ever teach again. Don't mistake my comments for support of the teacher, I didn't mean them that way. If the teacher can't control his students then perhaps he ought to try some different line of work.

[edit on 19-10-2005 by Astronomer68]

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   
substitute? o you know kids were rippin him to shreads.....he prolly couldnt even hear himself think. these kids were prolly tearing him appart...i know my class at 13 would have lol.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join