It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

looking

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   
ive been through a lot of relationships and ive been hurt a lot. as much as im sorry to admit, my whole life all ive heard is that men are the bad "patners" in the relationship, but around my town (southeast texas) this is simply just not the case. girls around my town are really insecure, everyone of them is on depression medicine, can't hang out with your friends once you start dating them, and caught up way too much in the material world. are girls like this everywhere? its hard not to feel this way with everyone around here is like that.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   
It's not like that everywhere. In England, particularly where I live, girls seem to be a lot more relaxed and easy going. Sure, they want to look good, all girls do. There are even a fair share of girls who try to control every aspect of their partners lives. But its not that bad.

A couple of my friends live in the south of England in a small self important town. Here girls are exaclty how you describe. Perhaps the answer is to see more of your town or state. I'm sure it can't be all bad.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Went through the whole gamut of girlfriends since I've been 15. British, American, Japanese, even Kenyan. Married at 30 and off-hire now. Can't be sure about the women from your hometown. But I find that this usually works :-

Make the time for your woman. (But make damn sure she knows that you have moved mountains to be with her). Thereafter. work out a more or less fixed time for her and keep your schedule (still moving mountains and oceans to keep the schedule!). From my experience, women are less inclined to worship the ground which we men walk on. It's more likely the opposite. This means keeping time. To them, this exhibits committment. They love this, not some casual see her when we got the time after hanging out with our buddies.

Try it. Think it will work.

new topics

join