It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Blames Britain for Bombs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I have only seen this news item on the Reuters news agency, and on no other, not the BBC, ITV, ABC or any other major news websites.

go.reuters.co.uk.../GetContent

It seems that with recent events, a war with Iran is inevitable, but i was very surprised not to see this story on any other website, or news broadcast on TV, government intervention perhaps?

[edit on 18-10-2005 by Conspirator_101]

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conspirator_101
I have only seen this news item on the Reuters news agency, and on no other, not the BBC, ITV, ABC or any other major news websites.

go.reuters.co.uk.../GetContent

It seems that with recent events, a war with Iran is inevitable, but i was very surprised not to see this story on any other website, or news broadcast on TV, government intervention perhaps?

[edit on 18-10-2005 by Conspirator_101]

The accent of the Ahvaz bombings" said Etemad newspaper, referring to a military commander's remark that the sound of the blasts "had a British accent".

i guess dats the best intel they can get. the bomb has an accent and its British and now they know who is responsible.

here is sombody who is more realistic.

Accusing a country without documents will have negative impact on relations between Iran and Britain," Mahmoud Mohammadi, a member of parliament's National Security and Foreign Affairs commission, told Reuters.

Asked whether the accusations against Britain were related to Iran's nuclear standoff with the West he said: "I hope not. If Iran's accusation is politically motivated, it could have a negative political impact and will damage the international community's trust in Iranian officials' remarks."

link

reuters aint the only one talking.

The hardline Kayhan newspaper, however, said one suspect in Saturday’s bomb attack had been detained and “confessed to having been trained by British troops in Iraq”.

Ahvaz has been hit by a wave of unrest this year, including ethnic riots in April and a series of car bombings prior to Iran’s presidential elections in June.

Iranian officials have in the past blamed Arab separatist groups or Iranian opposition militants they say enjoy backing across the border in Iraq.

join