posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
The only evil about candy is cavities

you've never had a sour bomb

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   

This is about giving candy treats to the children not a fight between Good and evil.

Ignore history and root origins if you like, but I still have friends who practice similar rites today. (no, I'm not talking about dressing up and candy either). If it weren't for the free advertising, I'm sure some of them would be offended by the everyday malpractice and sacred neglect.

The only evil about candy is cavities

And Obesity. And diabetes:

Main Entry: diabetes mel·li·tus
Pronunciation: -'me-l&-t&s
Function: noun
Etymology: New Latin, literally, honey-sweet diabetes
: a variable disorder of carbohydrate metabolism caused by a combination of hereditary and environmental factors and usually characterized by inadequate secretion or utilization of insulin, by excessive urine production, by excessive amounts of sugar in the blood and urine, and by thirst, hunger, and loss of weight
www.m-w.com...

[edit on 18-10-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
you've never had a sour bomb

That thar is funny. Especially these things:

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
This is about giving candy treats to the children not a fight between Good and evil.

church demonized like it demonized anything that they don't agree with.

Ignore history and root origins if you like, but I still have friends who practice similar rites today. (no, I'm not talking about dressing up and candy either). If it weren't for the free advertising, I'm sure some of them would be offended by the everyday malpractice and sacred neglect.

Who cares I don't believe in witches and the devil anyway. But I enjoy giving away candy.

And Obesity. And diabetes:

And so any fast food join in the US that sells their crap. Also many of the refined and ready to eat meals that people consumed everyday.

Big deal.

Let's make the children happy for one night and stop been a party crasher.

Crakeur,

Oh!!!!!!!!yes I love sour candy.

[edit on 18-10-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Sour is so good, get that Pitch Black Pepsi stuff, that's sour, and Warheads!!!! Those are the Kings of candy, IMHO. Love sour, or Jolly Ranchers, Warheads and Jolly Ranchers are my fav. TO bad I am to old to Trick or Treat but now am old enough to buy my own candy. Go to Walgreens and get a 3lbs bag of Jolly Ranchers.

Also to christians who think they have a holiday they didn't steal

Christmas= Yule
Easter= Ostara(sp?)
Halloween= Sahmain(sp?)

You get the idea, the religons of the past 20,000 years had everything stolen from them by the Christians. But what I love is the religons they stole from they call Myths. Just wait, a 1,000 years from now bet the Christian Myths will be talked about just like they talk about Zues and Odin or Jupiter.(Zues and Jupiter are the same people, but the ROmans took everything from the Greeks and just renamed a couple of the Gods)

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   

church demonized like it demonized anything that they don't agree with.

Hehe, Samhain demonized itself. If you want to draw a parallel between "bad spirit" and "demon" I don't think it takes any stretch of the imagination to do so. Feel free to read it from an unbiased source like the History Channel link I posted or any other for that matter.

Who cares I don't believe in witches and the devil anyway. But I enjoy giving away candy.

And is certainly your right. My post was specifically to the Christian "holyday" practitioner.

And so any fast food join in the US that sells their crap. Also many of the refined and ready to eat meals that people consumed everyday.

Big deal.

No really! It is a big deal! If you want to be healthy, one should not eat fried foods loaded in saturated fats, high-fructose corn syrup, and cholesterol. If not, then as you say "big deal", it's your decision but I'm not a fan of "roll over and die" tactics myself.

Let's make the children happy for one night and stop been a party crasher.

Make the children happy every night. Play sports or board-games with them, tell them you love them. Read a bedtime story. Have a party. Go to the park. Care for them so much that you'll not let their health go to pot with excess junk/fast foods all the time.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by jupiter869
The irony of it all is that Christianity is FILLED with pagan rituals (including Easter, as you mentioned). Why condemn one if you're going to advocate another?

Most Christian Holidays follow close enough to most Pagan holidays to give pause.

It definately gives the Church an opening to aquire fresh meat when observed holidays agree...

[edit on 10-18-2005 by wetwarez]

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   

for all we know, the switch from multiple gods to one god might have merely been the inability to afford all the offerings needed for each god.

This is classic. Necessity is the mother of all inventions right?

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   
saint4God
Take the christian controversy to BTS.

Originally posted by Full Metal
Sour is so good, get that Pitch Black Pepsi stuff, that's sour, and Warheads!!!! Those are the Kings of candy, IMHO. Love sour, or Jolly Ranchers, Warheads and Jolly Ranchers are my fav.

I get my candy in Sam's club, you maybe to old to Trick or treat but you can still find an excused to buy candy and give it away, and eat it at the same time.

I buy the candy I like the most then I open the bags and take what I one first. up:

I love sour candies any kind I have tried all of them.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by wetwarez
It definately gives the Church an opening to aquire fresh meat when observed holidays agree...

Here's where things went wrong:
"It was also easier for early Christians to understand the new religion if it espoused some of the signs and symbols from the religion that they were accustomed to. In this use of similar dates, signs and symbols, Christian holidays grew out of Pagan roots and developed into the events that we experience today. Many of these holidays still have the flavor of their Pagan roots along with sharing the same or similar dates. "

A note for Christians. Hopefully you recall 1 Corinthians 6:14 -

"Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? What fellowship can light have with darkness? What harmony is there between Christ and Belial?"

Or Celtic gods in this case.

"What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever? What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said: "I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people. Therefore come out from them and be separate,' says the Lord."

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   

saint4God
Take the christian controversy to BTS.

Perhaps you missed the thread-originator's primary post and concern? Or are you practicing to someday become a Super Moderator?

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTruth

for all we know, the switch from multiple gods to one god might have merely been the inability to afford all the offerings needed for each god.

This is classic. Necessity is the mother of all inventions right?

or just being cheap. Overheard at the Greek Council meetings, when Tsikouris claimed he was short a few coins for the tip "he's like the jews, too cheap to honor more than one god"
(I'm jewish so the bad jewish joke is ok)

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

saint4God
Take the Christian controversy to BTS.

Perhaps you missed the thread-originator's primary post and concern? Or are you practicing to someday become a Super Moderator?

I guess preaching as usual is just for the self righteous at hart like you even in ATS.

And for the moderator mention I don't even going to answer that very spiteful comment I guess you are just working on it yourself.

Good luck.

It seems that on Halloween night the party crashers alias religious rights will stand in their doors with their bibles and preach to the littler children that candy will take them straight to hell.

Right saint4God, are you one of those people?

I guess sour candy is so good that most be a sin against God, so I guess am condemn every time I have one.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   

I guess preaching as usual is just for the self righteous at hart like you even in ATS.

We all preach here. Am I being condemned because I'm not preaching the same thing you are? How do you know my heart? And, can you please explain it to me since you seem to know more about me than I do?

And for the moderator mention I don't even going to answer that very spiteful comment I guess you are just working on it yourself.

Nothing spiteful about it. Do you believe your "get out of the room" comment was not "moderator" like?

Good luck.

That's also from the celtic religion, but thanks.

It seems that on Halloween night the party crashers alias religious rights will stand in their doors with their bibles and preach to the littler children that candy will take them straight to hell.

And that was not an offensive comment marg?

Right saint4God, are you one of those people?

What do you think? Nevermind, I already know per above and below.

I guess sour candy is so good that most be a sin against God, so I guess am condemn every time I have one.

Wow. Simply wow. I apologize for whomever helped you formulate these ideas about God.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Saint go get a candy they are not evil you know.
You should go trick or treat also you may learn to enjoy life more.

The link between satanic influences of Halloween was a creation hundreds of years ago by the Catholic Church.

They also linked the Samhain to devil worshiping to turn away people from druidism.

Christian groups also spread rumors that Wiccans and Druids observe Halloween and that they are also worshipers of Satan and evil forces another of Christianity misinformation.

From animal sacrifices to human sacrifices are nothing more that misinformation and fabrications that link wiccans and Druids with extremist groups that indeed work outside their organizations.

While Wiccans has tried over and over to separate the notion pr witches and evil things to Halloween still the few Christians comes into the media to spread their misinformation every year to claim them to be devil worshipers and Halloween their most important calendar day.

The only danger that Halloween celebration brings to children is for the ones that are left unsupervised or by themselves and at the mercy of other less than desirable social behavior by deviants.

Horror movies and horror links to Halloween day has a lot to do as the way society perceive this harmless practice.

The children only perceived what parents show them and tell them, many children see Halloween as a day to dress up in costumes and collect candy and in their minds is nothing more than the desire to get the most candy in their group.

Devil worshiping and druids and wiccan pagan rituals are not in their mind. Halloween when practiced in a well educated neighborhood brings a feeling of good in a community as a way to shared sweets with each other’s children.

If you want to blame anybody about the way Halloween is perceived as evil practice blame the church, the media and movie makers.

I am still waiting to spot the devil in my street in Halloween night taking souls away with the candy, unless the devil is wearing a costume.

[edit on 18-10-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   
WOW! I grew up in the heart of the bible belt, daughter of a deacon, and I was never told I couldn't go trick or treating or be any character/monster/thingy I wanted to be. Furthermore, all the old christian grandmas were at the doors of all the houses handing out candy and never once told me I was going to hell for taking it.

I know - these Halloween-haters must be Kabbalist Christians.

By the way, Madonna said you're all going to hell....and the beast is this material world.

That reminds me of some song...hmmm ???

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Saint go get a candy they are not evil you know.

Hehe, I never said candy was evil. I do feel excessive candy is not good for a person's health.

You should go trick or treat also you may learn to enjoy life more.

Have many times. I've not gone a few times as well. I don't find that I enjoy life less by not going.

The link between satanic influences of Halloween was a creation hundreds of years ago by the Catholic Church.

I don't have a Catholic Church source nor experience. I do however have a satanic source and experience though.

They also linked the Samhain to devil worshiping to turn away people from druidism.

Perhaps, but that's none of my business really. Those who have a bit of background know Satanists like to capitalize on fear and evil any way they can. If they do so by incorporation, it would not surprise me at all.

Christian groups also spread rumors that Wiccans and Druids observe Halloween and that they are also worshipers of Satan and evil forces another of Christianity misinformation.

Can't argue with that statement, though will say most educated Christians know whats going on.

From animal sacrifices to human sacrifices are nothing more that misinformation and fabrications that link wiccans and Druids with extremist groups that indeed work outside their organizations.

Um, no. Human and animal sacrifices are historical fact. Sorry if that's unpleasant.

While Wiccans has tried over and over to separate the notion pr witches and evil things to Halloween still the few Christians comes into the media to spread their misinformation every year to claim them to be devil worshipers and Halloween their most important calendar day.

No arguments here. I knew some witches who were quite upset about the green ugly skin and pointy hat notion.

The only danger that Halloween celebration brings to children is for the ones that are left unsupervised or by themselves and at the mercy of other less than desirable social behavior by deviants.

A huge danger yes, but will disagree saying it's the only one.

Horror movies and horror links to Halloween day has a lot to do as the way society perceive this harmless practice.

It can be proven that we get acclimated to the sight of blood, murder, and mutilation. It's a way of desensitizing culture, which I think can lead to other dangers.

The children only perceived what parents show them and tell them, many children see Halloween as a day to dress up in costumes and collect candy and in their minds is nothing more than the desire to get the most candy in their group.

Greed. A healthy thing?

Devil worshiping and druids and wiccan pagan rituals are not in their mind.

I hope not.

Halloween when practiced in a well educated neighborhood brings a feeling of good in a community as a way to shared sweets with each other’s children.

I did like the neighborhood aspect. I wish communities did more together. This doesn't justify practicing another religion in my mind though.

If you want to blame anybody about the way Halloween is perceived as evil practice blame the church, the media and movie makers.

What does the church have to do with what Satanists do that night? (not wiccans, not druids)

I am still waiting to spot the devil in my street in Halloween night taking souls away with the candy, unless the devil is wearing a costume.

If only the devil would work so obviously. It'd be much easier to identify him and protect from any attacks.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Furthermore, all the old christian grandmas were at the doors of all the houses handing out candy and never once told me I was going to hell for taking it.

I didn't say that. Eternal destination is outlined in the second half of the Book. I cannot add to or take away anything from that. What I'm discussing is the right thing to do as Christians (no one else would care, I recognize that). If they are indeed interested in pleasing God, because they love God, then they'd pay close attention to what He has to say.

Originally posted by Valhall
I know - these Halloween-haters must be Kabbalist Christians.

Guess again. Keep shooting in the dark, you're bound to hit something, right?

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   
if everyone would sit down and share a giant bowl of candy corn, there would be peace in this world. it's the ultimate equalizer. when judgement day comes, I'll have a small bag in my pocket. will you?

Val, madonna's an idiot. realy not much else to say about her. oh, her music stinks. always has.

Saint, Marg, it's candy. quit the fighting and split that bag of candy corn. you can thank me later.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Val, madonna's an idiot. realy not much else to say about her. oh, her music stinks. always has.

and she had rather malformed breasts at one time, but it appears some type of nip and tuck took care of that.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join