It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How high can the F-22 fly and fight?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   
i heard the Russian Foxbat 25 could go over 120,000 ft but that was just goin straight up and not do anithing else. i was wonder how high the F-22 could go straight up and still fight. i know the F-15 could reach 65,000 ft ceiling mark. even if the F-22 could not fight while reaching such high heights i was wondering if it could make a new record for a fighter aircraft to reach such heights. are the new engines able to push the F-22 to over 100,000 ft? or is the aircraft too heavy.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Well, this is a basic fact sheept about the Raptor, I guess it will help you...

F-22 Facts

[edit on 18-10-2005 by Figher Master FIN]

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Thats a nice link, Figher Master FIN, but there is no data given for max altitude or operating ceiling.

The Raptor was benchmarked at 50,000 feet, but has reportedly obtained 54,000+/- feet. Optimum performance and maneuverability, etc. is maintained throughout the entirety of the 0 to 50,000 altitude ranges, thus far.

As to a max altitude for the Raptor, I do not believe that one has been purposely obtained via testing, etc. If such holds true, or is accurate, then the Raptor's max altitude will remain undisclosed or undetermined till it achieves such, via speed to max altitude testing, etc.

seekerof

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   
The Raptor has more engine power than any other fighter before it, 35,000 pounds thrust per engine. This should blow the streak eagle a new hole.

Train

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I once hard an f-22 pilot, described the Raptor as a well above mach 2 plane. My guess it probably has similar altitude and speed capabilities of the F-15, since that is the plane it is going to replace...

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 04:03 AM
link   
At such heights the air is very thin, and there is very little room for maneuvrability.

The aircraft really doesn't matter, at such great heights you can't do much.

You can launch missiles though....

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Thats a nice link, Figher Master FIN, but there is no data given for max altitude or operating ceiling.

The Raptor was benchmarked at 50,000 feet, but has reportedly obtained 54,000+/- feet. Optimum performance and maneuverability, etc. is maintained throughout the entirety of the 0 to 50,000 altitude ranges, thus far.

As to a max altitude for the Raptor, I do not believe that one has been purposely obtained via testing, etc. If such holds true, or is accurate, then the Raptor's max altitude will remain undisclosed or undetermined till it achieves such, via speed to max altitude testing, etc.

seekerof

Yes, so it seems, I must have mixed it up with an other link, thanks for correcting me...

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by carcharodon
I once hard an f-22 pilot, described the Raptor as a well above mach 2 plane. My guess it probably has similar altitude and speed capabilities of the F-15, since that is the plane it is going to replace...

I amde a thread about that, we came to the concluion that the plane would be able to go from 1.7-1.85 and 2.5 MAX...

Is the Raptor capable of this

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 07:14 AM
link   

The 50'000 ft. is a nominal limit set by the US Military for any pilot without a full pressure suit! It's not the aircraft's limit, but the safety limit. To fly higher, a pilot has to wear a full pressure suit like they do in the U-2 or the A-12/SR-71 Blackbird. As for the F-22's airframe limit on altitude, I've been looking for that for some time, but haven't found it.

Tim

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghost

The 50'000 ft. is a nominal limit set by the US Military for any pilot without a full pressure suit! It's not the aircraft's limit, but the safety limit. To fly higher, a pilot has to wear a full pressure suit like they do in the U-2 or the A-12/SR-71 Blackbird. As for the F-22's airframe limit on altitude, I've been looking for that for some time, but haven't found it.

Tim

Who is is Ghost? And why is his current mood, royally pissed? He has been right on with his post! ...

Another great post by Ghost, one more and I just might have to vote for him

new topics

top topics

join