It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Romania Reports More Bird Flu Cases

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 05:45 AM
link   
The Romanian Agricultural Ministry announced today that it has detected more Bird Flu cases in the Danube Delta region of the country. A swan tested positive to Bird Flu near the village of CA Rosetti, which is situated 10 kilometres from the border with Ukraine. Swans and a wild Duck tested seropositive in Maliuc and Ceamurlia, the two regions that Romania previously announced the Bird Flu was contained to, 40 kilometres north of CA Rosetti. Romania reported last week that the Bird Flu outbreak in that country was under control and there was no cause for concern.

www.abc.net.au
On Saturday, British tests identified the H5N1 strain of the disease in three ducks found dead in Ceamurlia de Jos - the first incidence in mainland Europe of H5N1, which has killed more than 60 people and millions of birds in Asia since 2003.

Turkey, which also detected the H5N1 strain in birds, tested nine people for possible bird flu last week, but no immediate sign of illness was detected.

Greece was conducting tests on Monday on a Turkey with bird flu found on an Aegean island to establish whether it was infected with the deadly strain.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Yeah right. Under control and no cause for concern. News firing daily now of new outbreaks.

I noted last week that the Romainian officials were kidding themselves and the people by saying it is under control and I wonder how the citizens of that country are handling this latest news.

I also notice in just about every article from every country I have posted bird flu alerts about, that the people announcing it are always the "agricultural Ministry" is everyones department that handles this stuff called the "agricultural Minstry" ?

ATS Bird Flu Forum
www.abovetopsecret.com...