It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

if you could travel through time?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Time machines might only be available in the movies, yet many people have experienced unexplained events that seem to be temporary but very real slips into the past and the future.

Where and to what date would you go if you could travel through time? It's a question people have long enjoyed contemplating - the possibilities are so fraught with wonder and excitement. Would you watch the pyramids of Egypt being build? Join the spectacle of a gladiatorial battle at the Roman Coliseum? Catch a glimpse of real dinosaurs? Or would you prefer to see what the future holds for humankind?

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I'd go back to Dallas on that fateful day to see who was behind the fence on the Grassy Knoll.

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 10:50 AM
link   
and propably go and meet jesus to see what he was all about...

or into roswell new mexico in 1947...

[Edited on 14-9-2003 by TheSwordMaster]

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 03:32 PM
link   
The ever-coming back question.

I guess I'd go back in time to save a precious person from murder and I'd kill the murderer with my bare hand, and take great pleasure doing that.

I would also be tempted to save JFK, but I don't think it would have a long term effect, as he'd probably get assassinated later, and probably me too.

I'd really love to have a chat with some peoples that supposedly "reached illumination" and that were important in human history. Not just any casual "illuminated" bloke.

And I'd love to debunk or prove all the conspiracies related to some famous death.

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I would go back to when the Jesuits buried their treasure in the Superstition Mountains when they were kicked out of the new world for not giving the Spanish king his royal fifth. Then I would return to today and go get them.

DRAGON TOWER

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Among alot of things I would go to the future and check what is next weeks winning lotterynumbers.

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I go back to the 60's and bring my guitar.

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I'd either go back to Medival England, with castles, and knights and that stuff

or to Roswell, 1947, to see the crash

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 08:04 AM
link   
First I would travel to the future and get hold of anything that could make me immortal, then I would travel back to ancient egypt to just behold and do research. And then I would wander thourgh the lands of our world and withness important historical events and do other nice things. I would make sure to bring a lighter or a discman or whatever, to amaze people on my journeys.

There are so many possibilities of experience and knowledge... But to travel back a few thousand years and live through world history is what I would do. Dont know about the immortal thing though... might start regreting after a few thousand years of time travel

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Do I get a cool phonebox?

Anyway, Id probably go back to the Cold War and visit all the famous intelligence sites and events.

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I'd go back to see the founding of MAJ12... I'd love to be in that meeting room, and see what made them start the group!

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I would also like to go back in time to fight with famous people. Imagine getting my ass kicked by Elvis, Sinatra or Bruce Lee. How cool would that be.

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Love to meet Jesus,
Go to the coliseum and see the glory and gory that was Rome,
Have a chat with Socrates on the steps of the Parthenon,
Check out Nefertitti to see how hot she really was?
Meet Hitler and tell him to his face he was gonna lose!
Be in the apollo landing on the moon first time....

hey this is fun...

go to the future when no-one has to work anymore... is that possible?

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 11:40 AM
link   
There's endless options. I would also go into the future to check winning lotery numbers, as someone already suggested.

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 11:46 AM
link   
DO YOU BELIEVE THAT TIME TRAVEL IS POSSIBLE AND THAT THIS IS ALREADY HAPPENING

ACCORDING TO THIS LINK IT IS POSSIBLE

paranormal.about.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I didnt read the article yet, but even if time travel in the way we are talking about is possible today... it will still be a long time before people like us get to use it. Especially when they read what we plan to use time travel for, hehe.

I would also like to go back in time to fight with famous people. Imagine getting my butt kicked by Elvis, Sinatra or Bruce Lee. How cool would that be.

Haha, reminds me of the "Fighin aroun the world" thing from south park, with Russel Crowe. hahaha

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 12:37 PM
link   
i would kill Bush while he was still a baby

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I'd definately go into the future to see where we are at and what technology is available and how far we have progressed and what's happened, etc.

Then i'd take all the tech i can and zoom back to the days of the pyramid to check it out and see how they built it.

Then zoom forward to Jesus and see what he's on about and what's going on there.

Then zoom back to the days of moses and watch the "red sea part" and a few Egyptians drown.

Then zoom forward and watch Hitler rise to power but before that happens i'd knock him out, kidnap him, shove a dildo up his anus, tattoo "I love Jews" at the bottom of his feet, knock him out again, then leave.

Zoom back again to the medievil times with a PARA, thats right, those big machine guns, and a sniper rifle (AWP), as well as a deagal .50, and ammo +a couple hundred hand held grens, +3 tonnes of C4 or dynamite, tnt, whatever, take back a tank sucha sthe US's newest one now, and also a bullet proof armoured Humvee or 4X4, couple colts with silencers, flamethrower, grenade launcher, Apache helicoptor fully loaded, harrier jump jet, ummm...yeah , then try and take over one of those castles or a whole country by destroying the monarch and taking the throne as my own, doing my own shocka nd awe by flying around the country first just above the speed of sound and letting the sonic booms really rattle them up
I could take on a whole country and not get a scratch.

And once i've taken over my country, and possible the entire world, i can just as easily go back in time just b4 any of that ever happened and NOT do any of it so hey if i dont do any of it and everthing is back to normal as it was b4 i even started it, it never really took place

Imagine assaulting a castle with a tank, a helicoptor, an airplane, an armoured humvee ;P,

You'd scare the living begeebus outta everyone.

Just watch a tank roll in coming for the castle.

"My liege, there seems to be some huge beast rolling towards the castle with a snout like an elephant" WHAT???

Crshhhhh Booom. What was that? The castle door has been blown to bits, it's gunna roll right through into the castle/city.

Our archers seem not to harm the beast, nor our swordsmen, it's useless.

Oh no. It's turning it's snout towards us.

Then i'd zoom forward to roswell and take the aliens that crashed as prisoners and take thier alien technology, learn as much as i can, then zoom back b4 it even happened so it didn't happen and i didn't do any of that ;P

But i'd really like to be there when the peasants revolt against the king/queen in England and off with thier heads. ;P

Then i'd zoom forward in time even mor ethan before and check things out, then even furthur in time, etc. Then i might go back 100k years and check things out then, etc, then forward 200k years.

I'd jsut be zooming back and forward all through time watching things, checking it all out, but befor ei leave i'd zoom back to b4 i got there and not do anything so i never change history or the future.

[Edited on 15-9-2003 by DaRAGE]

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I would first go back to when god created adam and eve right before adam and eve get to the tree of knowledge I would bring back some napalm and burn down the tree to make sure that paradise was not lost then I would chop the head off the snake to make sure no temptation would take place ever again. As to what I would do after that use your imigination

Falcon

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 02:09 PM
link   

would first go back to when god created adam and eve right before adam and eve get to the tree of knowledge

Can we go back to fictitious times? Cool!

I'd go back to see when Santa first taught the reindeer how to fly...that'd be nice...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join