It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All body armor....well almost.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by PaddyInf
........., I would rather use my ETH (folding shovel) in a hand to hand scrap.

Damn... It sure looks unprofessional, but, one hell of a great idea.

Back to topic:

Anyone wore the latest Bulletproof Vest and took a swim? How good is it?

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Well then you put in your extra clip your able to carry thanks to getting rid of that knife

28 rounds wont last long...

If you run out of ammo and the enemy still has ammo you dont rush them with a knife thats for sure. You retreat wait for resupply or surrender if you value your life.

Well you might want to tell the argylls that because they done just what you described.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 05:37 AM
link   
yeah more and more like sturmtroopers, hand to hand fighting wont go away it hasnt in 1000s of year why would it stop?

I knife is a useful tool that has ended and saved many lives in the past and today, knives never jam.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 09:18 AM
link   

deltaboy your a proponent of the Bayonet in Modern warfare? I see your point as it being used as a tool (wirecutter is the only one that comes to mind) but as a tool in secondary roles its a pretty weak one, A custom multi tool would be far more effective.

I would much rather have a extra clips worth of ammo then a bayonet. Or a multi tool that cold do any tool job a bayonet could do better..

Bayonets are still used for crowd control and as far as for close combat, well, just remember the US thought aircraft would be all missiles and rockets so they didn't put guns on the F-4, then realized that combat always can end up close and dirty so they put it back on.

Bayonets can definitely be lighter, though. It could also be re-designed ala the Leathermen redefined knifes to be a better wire cutter, etc.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   

If you run out of ammo and the enemy still has ammo you dont rush them with a knife thats for sure. You retreat wait for resupply or surrender if you value your life.

Or if you can get your hands on an enemies weapon then you use it. Simple as that.

As far as the Armor of 2025 goes, that does look nice and all that but I wonder if they can bring it out BEFORE 2025. That would be even sweeter.

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 03:51 AM
link   

I love how they talk about "possible" processes with chemicals that they have
already tested. Its like they're saying "we might have this stuff when it
becomes cheap enough to give to the soldiers" (whom they care so much about.)

Maybe they can afford that stuff, but just choose not to because they don't
care?
anyways, when an enemy escalates his defenses, naturally his opponent
increases their offensive strength. This cycle kinda just continues.

I wonder what percentage of the insurgency has access to armor piercing bullets.

[edit on 25-10-2005 by benign]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join