It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saw something pretty cool!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   
This Saturday night I was out around 10:30 taking some trash out. The moon was pretty bright so I was looking up at the sky and I noticed a faint flash in the south-eastern sky. (Not in the atmousphere.) Then a bright object (about the luminescence of a 6000K HID headlight) moved from the point of origin of the flash at a pretty steady pace toward the north for about 30 seconds. At the very end of it's trek northward it sped up and there was another similar flash in the north-eastern sky and the object was gone. I've got several theories as to what this could have been, but expressing them will never prove anything... so I guess I just wanted to share my experience. Feel free to comment, or share your theories!

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Sounds to me like you saw an Iridium Flare. They are sunlight that is reflected off a satellite. They are very cool to watch. You can find out in advance when they occur at Heavens_Above.com. Maybe they still have info from the night you saw it.

www.heavens-above.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

satobs.org...

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Yeah thats gotta be it. Visited the last link and the two pics on there pretty well answered my question. The top pic looks like the flash I saw, and reflection example in the lower pic is just about the right color of the object. Thanks for the links. Interesting reading.

join