It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quick Podcast Competition: Feed Introductions -- Win 100,000 Points

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Attention all ATS podcasters, we need a brief two minute introduction for each of the ATS/BTS podcast feeds. The new RSS code will show the most recent 30 podcasts in the feeds, but an additional 31st podcast will always remain as the very first item in each feed (most feed readers play this one first for people curious about the podcast feed).

So pick your feed:
ATS.C --> conspiracy theory, nwo, etc.
ATS.G --> government secrets, shadow gov, military projects, etc.
ATS.X --> extraterrestrials, ufos, space exploration, future science, etc.
ATS.F --> fragile earth, peak oil, health issues
ATS.P --> paranormal, new age spirituality, cryptozoologoy, ancient civ.
BTS.talk --> general discussion
BTS.humor --> fun stuff
BTS.music --> member music and favorite podsafe tunes
PTS --> politics

Record a maximum of 90 secods describing the feed, and make sure you identify yourself.

I'll add details in the introduction about links to feed archive and other general housekeeping information.

Convert your recording to a decent quality mono MP3, and email it to me at [email protected] as an attachment or link.

Members will receive 100,000 points if their intros are selected.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   
YES!

...I absolutely WILL put in an entry for the ATS.C --> conspiracy theory, nwo, etc.

...it will be a remix/compilation of bits I've done previously.

BUT - what's the deadline? Like, can I finish the article I'm working on before I make and submit my entry?

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Would you like us to collate the different introductions into one big podcast, or should we all post nine different podcasts?

What mp3 file bitrate would you like for the podcasts? 96? 112? You said you wanted mono, specifically, any clue as to why?

You should also look into having your overviews covering all the different channels, as a promotional tool for the other channels, but fed into all the different feeds as a regular post.

[edit on 17-10-2005 by nrky]

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   
The intros should be appropriate to help a new listener understand what is in each ATS podcast channel... if you can do it through a simple description, then snippets of past podcasts aren't needed.

To preserve the quality-to-size ratio, it's always a good idea for non-musical podcasts to be mono.

This old pormo will be used for all channels until we have channel-specific promos:
www.podtrac.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I guess I'll make one later today when my allergies subside. If I'm bored, maybe a few of them.
. I'm probably not a good spokesperson anyway though... we'll see =).

Good thing I checked the actual Podcast forum today instead of just going to the Podcast page, for once

[edit on 18-10-2005 by Yarcofin]

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
and make sure you identify yourself.

Just to be clear....within the thread or within the email delivered to you?

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Gaaahhhh. I thought I could spend about half an hour, whip out a hot entry, and roll.

It's not happening.

Anybody here want to collaborate? Split the points if we win?

My ideas and bits:

CONSPIRACY FEED - wanted to use these two elements, with other bits:

"Poem" - "I am conspiracy - feel me like the hunting wolf feels the breathing earth," towards the end of the poscast here (but remixed):

www.podtrac.com...

"Ya gotta get some information" - ie., closing here:
www.podtrac.com...

SCIENCE FEED - I like this bit, thought it would work:

Mae West imitation - science is sexy blurb, here:
www.podtrac.com...

..........Anyone interested - u2u me.

Thanks, sofi

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
Just to be clear....within the thread or within the email delivered to you?

Within the introduction you record. We want to make it clear that our members are introducing and describing our feeds.

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Here is my submission for Fragile Earth Feed...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Of course, you'll need to scroll down....something went very screwy in that PODcast thread...

[edit on 6-11-2005 by loam]

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
How do we track our submissions? ...I just posted 2 - one for ATS.C, the other for ATS.X - but don't know where they went, or if they went to the right place.

Also, I included bioweapons and weapons in the .X descriptions but now am thinking that was wrong.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Convert your recording to a decent quality mono MP3, and email it to me at [email protected] as an attachment or link.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Thank you SO. I am consistently astounded at the depth of your patience in the face of (blank space).

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Just so you know - I uploaded into the "Special mp3 Upload" podforum. Hope I didn't break anything.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Ohh...

I'd love to get involved in this, although I do not have a microphone. I will be buying one at the end of the month - I hope it is still running then, so I can jump in and put a PTS one up.

How many have been done already?

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   
oooooh,

big stakes! is this competition still open??
if so... when's the deadline??

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Here I go again....

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Sorry, folks....the entry above was plain and simple....embarrassing... I should be shot!
loam

Please look at Take 501. I think that one is much better.

(BTW, SkepticOverlord. I have attempted to deliver this file to you via email, but I get a return delivery failure message....something about spam... What are my options for getting the file to you?)

top topics

join