It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hearing someone say something that they didn't?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Well, my parents got divorced recently and an hour or two ago I was here in my room and I could've sworn I heard my Mother outside my door talking to my brother, and she said "I feel sorry for him, he's resigning from his job". I then opened up the door about 5 seconds later and I could've sworn I saw my Mother just starting to sit down on the couch in the loungeroom as I walked out of my room, and so I go in there and ask her what my Father's doing with his job, and she said that she never said anything of the sort. So then I asked if she was even outside of my door just before and she said no and that she had been sitting there for about 15 minutes now.

Can someone tell me what happaned?

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 07:36 AM
link   
When you talked about hearing the conversation and it not happening, I wondered if you were having a premonition of things to come. But the part that confuses me is you said you saw your mother just starting to sit down and then she tells you she's been sitting there for 15 minutes!

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 08:10 AM
link   
with my spouse and I all the time. It usually turns into a "...but you said..." then "No, I didn't. I said..." Oh wait, that's something different entirely.

Here are some options (I don't know which it is):
1.) People say things when they think others can't hear or aren't listening.

2.) Nothing was said, but something was heard. Time to start asking questions about things that exist beyond the human realm. I'd be glad to help if you'd like.

Pray, train, study,
God bless.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 08:17 AM
link   
With a divorce underway, there is probably a lot of negative energy flowing around your house. Both extreme anger and sadness. There are a lot of spirits/demons attracted to this kind of thing. They like to impersonate people like you describe for some reason. Not that I really believe that's what it is. Just the first thing that came to my mind. I recall a little while ago around here, a post about some kids hearing their mother/grandmother crying upstairs all night, but then they talked to her and asked what was wrong the next day and she said she wasn't crying.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Perhaps what you listen too was nothing more that a lingering though coming from your mother.

My husband and I after so many years of marriage we once in a while can hear our thoughts is funny but true and we just laugh about it.

Because your mind was already set on imagining your mother standing at your door or just passing through when you opened the door you expected her walking and getting ready to sit in the sofa.

That or you mother just didn't want to bother you with her own problems and what is going in her mind.

Ask you brother if the conversation really happen.

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 05:03 AM
link   
People often say things without realising it.
My mother will frequently say the name of Panos-a man she had a relationship with and he's still alive. No doubt i do it sometimes too. But I’ve always noticed that my mum says things without realising it when she's most depressed-stressed.
So i guess with a divorce coming up that's quite a good explanation. More to do with a state of mind than supernatural i would say.

That said if more sinister things start happening then I would recall what Yacofin said about Demon activity. Just imagine hearing your mum’s voice telling you to do something dangerous-lethal!!! (I hear a good "Steven King" novel coming up).

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 05:06 AM
link   
So she says things to my brother outside my door while they're not outside my door?

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 07:18 AM
link   
...is to keep froggy (alert). I'm not sure you're going to be able to solve this puzzle with only one piece. When you get more, then you'll probably be able to fit it together better. It may have been a beyond-comprehension...

(fluke)

I have a story or two that I explain as "bad physics". In other words, we can't sufficiently explain how it happened according to current scientific law. I blame the slight wobble of the earth

[edit on 20-10-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
I have a story or two that I explain as "bad physics". In other words, we can't sufficiently explain how it happened according to current scientific law. I blame the slight wobble of the earth

Can you expand on that? Sounds interesting.

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual

Originally posted by saint4God

Can you expand on that? Sounds interesting.

It's hard to without sounding hokey, but alright.

A friend and I were playing othello in college. For those who have played, there is a specific number of chips. I had a chip in my hands about 12 inches off the ground as I leaned forward in my chair towards the board. I dropped the othello chip. I looked down, nothing there. My friend and I are on our hands and knees looking for the chip all around the perimeter of where I was sitting. Nothing. We finally gave up and went back to the game. Moments later I asked the friend if she wanted a drink, said yes so I went to the cube-fridge I have in the corner of the room (about 30 feet away). The cube fridge was about 2 foot high. I stopped about a foot away from the fridge stunned. I pointed out to my friend "there it is" sitting on top of the fridge. Then, my friend said "maybe you have some spirits in the room" and I answered, "nah, probably just bad physics". Got the othello chip, some drinks and continued playing. It was weird, but cool and somewhat refreshing that life is not as mundane as we tend to think.

How do I know it's not evil spirits? Well, I've encountered them before and they have a much greater agenda then moving around othello chips.

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I'm not claiming to be a mind reader, but sometimes I have heard
my mother, my husband, and my daughter ... and when I answered
them, I found out that they didn't say anything but I had responded
to what they were thinking.

Same thing happens with my husband to me, and my daughter to me.
They will hear what I'm thinking, especially if I'm thinking 'loudly'
(emotionally). This doesn't happen with anyone else. We only
'hear' each other in the family.

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I believe you, and it happens to me more than I would like to admit. Often, I could swear that my boyfriend said something very distinctly. I will repeat back to him what he said, after he denied saying anything. Sometimes he says it must have been the TV, sometimes, it does turn out to be the TV. Others, there's no way it was.

One time that I can remember very clearly, because it involves a word that I don't believe exists, and no news caster would say it anyway. But, we were watching one of the news channels, I rather half-heartedly listening as I was preoccupied doing something else. Anyway, it was a woman newscaster, and I could have sworn that in the middle of her sentance, she said....(I don't know if it's a censored word here, since I don't think it exists, but she said loud and clear, "dickhole". I said to my boyfriend, "What??!" She can't say that on TV! He said that she didn't say it, but couldn't provide a rhyming word or any other substitute for it.

Anyway, lots of times, I'm positive that I hear word for word something that the person insists that they said nothing of the sort........

True

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   
maybe she is denying it because she doesnt want you to know about it. i dont think it is that big of a deal. she probably didnt realise that you could hear her and then when she got caught with what she said she doesnt want to worry you or something...who knows. but no otherwordly power demontration is going on here at least IMHOP.

as far as other people saying they have the same occurances....my mother always says that i have selective listening...mean i only hear what i want to. like if she would say go clean your room when i was younger i wouldnt hear it. but if she said we are going out for ice cream i would coming running down the stairs ready to go

Kind Regards,
digitalgrl

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   
When my son was very small, between two and three years old, he did not say the ends of words. As in, " boo bank" for "blue blanket". I had first been concerned that he had a hearing loss, but he tested normal. My inlaws put it off to me using 'baby talk' with him, so I began to make s-u-r-e I spoke 'properly', slowly and stressed the ends of every word.

One day, when he and I were the only ones in the entire house, I was quietly folding clothes in one room while he played just around the corner of the door way. He was talking to one of his toys, using his usual speech pattern, when suddenly I heard one of the phrases we'd been working on, in an wee, almost perfect mimic of my voice.........
" Saayy blankET, saayy blankET!".

Of course I practically jumped around the corner, sure that he had finally figured it out. He had a look of astonishment on his face, which, at the time I took to be due to me 'jumping' around the corner suddenly, when perhaps, he thought I was no where around.

But he would not ( or could not?) repeat that "perfect" phrase again.........even though I tried many times to 'evesdrop' when he was playing, I truly did not hear him speak that plain till he started kindergarten, a couple of years later.

He denied then that he had said it, and later when he was older, he repeated the denial.......I began to wonder if something else could have spoken that day, and maybe the look on his face was from hearing that voice, instead of seeing me act goofy??

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 09:05 AM
link   
My husband will be in the bedroom and I will be in the front room and he will ask me if I called him and sometimes I can be in the front room and hear footsteps which I think are his and he is either in the spare room, or in bed. He retires to bed earlier than I do. The pain and discomfort I get into makes it hard for me to get a nights sleep.

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I on occassion think I hear my husband speaking to somebody and he is somewhere else.

Sometimes he comes through and asks me if I called for him. It must be some form of telepathy.

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I've noticed a pattern. To all the testimonies here, the listener was pre-occupied or perhaps zoning out. If anyone has ever gotten into that state of relaxation or rhythm where everything seems to just flow by or be an autonomous routine, I'm wondering if we didn't slip into alpha state. To those new to the term, the best description is that bridge between being awake and asleep, where the subconcious "takes the wheel and drives the car."

Two examples of alpha-state I believe I slipped into are the following:

1.) I was watching a helicopter in the sky, fixing on trying to determine what kind. Looked like a Chinook. Anyhow, after staring at it for a few seconds, it turned into a bird. I'm sure it was a bird the whole time, but my zoning and wondering probably had me perceive a helicopter. I'd certain it was a helicopter before, but shortly after decided my eyes had been fooled.

2.) I was staring at the countdown on my microwave because it seemed to take forever to cook. Once it got under 10 seconds, something really went weird. The countdown went 9...8...7...6...7...8...7...6...5...4...3...2...1. Buggy clock in the machine? Some kind of supernatural event? Nah, I remember I was kinda fixated on the countdown for over a minute. I did see the numbers go in that sequence, but I seriously doubt it really happened.

Just some mental beef jerky to chew on for a while.

[edit on 25-11-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Hi Nventual,
I believe you though I can't explain it. Here is one of my own, more pleasant "hearing" story's.
Woke up from a nap, in the bedroom, heard distinctive "WHALE SONG" from the liveing room, heard my then boy friend and his son talking one in the kitchen one in the liveing room. Oh that's nice I thought, whales on TV, so I listened for a while got up still hearing whales opened the door to the liveing room and..... no whales, none, a soccor game was the only thing on. I asked my boyfriend who shut off the whale sound. " WHAT WHALE SOUND?he answered.
I had heard bright and clear the most beautiful whales for several minutes.
WIS

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 01:47 AM
link   
The closest I ever heard voices was when I would be at the point of falling a sleep and waking back n forth ya know what we do at work lol anyway I would here misc lil # but more so in like a dream way I guess. maybe you are tuning into something more?

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by WalkInSilence
no whales, none, a soccor game was the only thing on.

Did you see who was playing the game? It could've been Scotland vs. Wales.
"And Shamu has an open shot, he SHOOTS! HE SCORES!"

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Okay, back on topic with a true story. I had this dream that I was listening to this very, very boring speech. It kept going on and on, his words were clear, but he seemed to be talking about nothing other than typical business or collegic-type stuff. I woke up and realized it was actually someone snoring.
I'm totally serious. I think there's something that gets cross-wired in the brain sometimes, or we try to interpret things incorrectly. Just a thought.

[edit on 1-12-2005 by saint4God]

new topics

top topics

join