It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. says kills 70 militants in west Iraq clashes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 05:29 AM
link   
'Civilians killed' as US targets militants

US warplanes and helicopters bombed two villages near the Iraq city of Ramadi, killing an estimated 70 militants, the military said today. But witnesses said at least 39 were civilians.

The military said in a statement that the crowd was setting another roadside bomb in the location of the blast that killed the Americans. F-15 warplanes hit them with a precision-guided bomb, killing around 20 people, described by the statement as "terrorists".

But several witnesses and one local leader said the people were civilians who had gathered to gawk at the wreckage of the US vehicle or pick pieces off of it — as often occurs after an American vehicle is hit. The airstrike hit the crowd, killing 25 civilians, said Chiad Saad, a tribal leader, and several witnesses who refused to give their names to protect their security.

Source:
Independant

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Quote from article: The military said a group of gunmen opened fire on a Cobra attack helicopter that had spotted their position. The Cobra returned fire, killing around 10. The men ran into a nearby house, where gunmen were seen unloading weapons. An F/A-18 warplane struck the building with a bomb, killing 40 insurgents, the military said.

Sorry, but if insurgents run into a house, that house will get blown to pieces. That is just the way things go. It is a shame that civilians die in war, but they should not harbor terrorists and these idiots never should have fired on a Cobra. That right there deserves death for stupidity.

I have no remorse for these insurgents or those that harbor them. Just like I have no remorse for the idiotic Americans that torture or humiliate detainees like Abu Gahrib.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Today the Washington Post had a good article about this.Here

Ten minutes later, U.S.-led forces came under small-arms fire in Ramadi, the military said. An F/A-18 hit the building where the fire was coming from with a Maverick missile, and troops on the ground hit the building with missiles from shoulder-mounted launchers.

This is the part of the article I found the most interesting. The fighter jets did not blindly drop bombs. There were US Marines on the ground under fire.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by USAF6933
This is the part of the article I found the most interesting. The fighter jets did not blindly drop bombs. There were US Marines on the ground under fire.

There were two seperate incidents.
I don't think the one where 20 people were bombed for supposedly setting up a roadside bomb was legit.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by USAF6933
Today the Washington Post had a good article about this.Here

Ten minutes later, U.S.-led forces came under small-arms fire in Ramadi, the military said. An F/A-18 hit the building where the fire was coming from with a Maverick missile, and troops on the ground hit the building with missiles from shoulder-mounted launchers.

That was so cruel. They should have left the Marines to die by themselves rather than risking the odds of hitting civilians. OMFG American GIs are war criminals!!

Ok, now lets make Souljah happy. Allah Snackbar! Allaaaa Snackbar!!

[edit on 18-10-2005 by RK_Pr0t0c0l]

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Ah well - some more Dead Iraqis.

Who counts them anyway, huh?

Not the US Forces...

Bombs AWAY!

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
Who counts them anyway, huh?

Not terrorists anyway.