It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AlertNow System?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Ummm, since when does the school's policy not include us comming to get our kids the hell out of school in the event of an emergency?

Anyone remember Columbine? I think lockdown falls under that. Do you really want to go marching into a firefight between SAWT and the perpetrators? I don't recommend you do.

[edit on 18-10-2005 by WestPoint23]

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
The program that makes the phone calls is no biggie. I dont have a problem with that.

this is what I have a problem with.

Originally posted by twitchy
What caught my attention was three words, or examples of when the system might contact us on the back in parenthesis...
Relocation, Evacuation, and Lockdown.

That example has nothing to do with what the program was intended for. School's out due to a snow storm is what it is for. If the school is not in an area where they often dismiss due to weather, then there is no point in having it or spending a lot of money on it. So if they do get it, your not in that kind of area, and it comes with the examples of reloctaion evacuation, and lockdown, there is something else going on. If there is a fear of something non weather related that is going to cause the need to contact parents about relocations, evacuations, and lockdowns, I will not send my children out of my sight.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Is it possible to see a scan of the offending document? It might help to see everything in it's intended context.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   
This is why people are getting paranoid. The times are unfortunately changing and people must change with them. Society as a whole is getting more violent, even the kids.

Sheltering them will not help. if you truly fear this Lock-down....etc..... thing then call the school Superintendent and have them set up a meeting to discuss this issue. Or better yet, go to a PTA meeting and discuss it. but being Paranoid is not the way to go IMO.

But all parents do things differently and one parent must do what they feel is best for their own children

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   
My kids came home with the papers today. It does not mention anything about evacuation, relocation, or lockdowns. Just the weather. Im cool with that. Im in MO. Where are you twitchy?

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   
When I was in the fifth grade (back during the Cuban missle crisis) we had evacuation drills. I grew up in north Florida (Jacksonville) by the way. Anyhow, the plan was to evacuate to the nearby railroad tracks where a trian would be waiting to wisk us kids away to safety.

Looking back, that plan makes about as much sense as hiding under our desks in case of iminent nuclear attack. But the point is, that the school is responsible for your children and its employees. In case of an emergency evacuation, there may not be time for them to wait around for you to come and get your child. Their first responsibility is the safety of your children. If you are not comfortable with that, then maybe homeschooling in the mountains of West Virginia may make you feel safer.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   
personally i do home school one of my three kids. the other two wants to be i just havnt yet although i am strongly thinking about it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join