It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Rice: I Dont Want To Run For President

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 05:06 AM
link   
U.S Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice has ruled out her candidacy for President in 2008. She told Tim Russert when pressed on her intentions on "Meet The Press" that "It's not what I want to do with my life, it's not what I'm going to do with my life,". She later told Fox "I'm quite certain that there are going to be really fine candidates for president from our party, and I'm looking forward to seeing them and perhaps supporting them."

news.yahoo.com
WASHINGTON - For Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, no means no — and no again — when it comes to whether she will run for president.

"It's not what I want to do with my life, it's not what I'm going to do with my life," Rice said Sunday on NBC's "Meet the Press."

A group pushing for a Rice candidacy has run a television ad in New Hampshire — traditional site of the first presidential primary — and plans to air it soon in Iowa, where the first party caucuses take place.

At least two Web sites are promoting Rice even though Rice herself has said for months that she is not interested in running.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

All those people who thought it would be Clinton v Rice in 2008 need a rethink. I was one of them!

Who would be the Republican candidate for 2008 if Ms. Rice is adamant she has no intention of running for office?

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 05:08 AM
link   
that has made my day to be honest

i have my theories on who will be running for the white house in 2008, but i will keep them to myself

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I was hoping it would be Condi too, but the fact is more people would vote for Hillary simply because she is not black. sad but true. So its probably good for the party, because some would leave.

Front Runners...

1. Rudy Guiliani
2. Sen. McCain
3. Bill Frist
4. Paul Allen
5. Jeb Bush

Rudy can beat Hillary... I don't think anyone else on this list can. The thing is, McCain might be able to beat Rudy.

There is no Question that Hillary will win the Democratic Primary ... her VP is still something of a question. Maybe Edwards, maybe Obama ...

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 05:59 AM
link   
"I was hoping it would be Condi"...

Man oh man what has this world come to. I kind of thought her Blatant lies during the Pre-Iraq War Debacle would ruin a political Career for whom came to be known as CondiLiar Rice.
I think you guys like being lied to these days. But then again who doesn't. Sigh.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Where2Hide2006
There is no Question that Hillary will win the Democratic Primary ...

Like frontrunner Dean did? I still have questions.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Condi has seen enough of the Oval Office to know that only
those who are nutz want to have the job of president.
She's smart not to want it.

Jeb Bush was mentioned here. He has already said he isn't
interested. I think his wife and daughter having their
problems (drugs, theft - his wife not disclosing thousands
of $$$ of goods for customs) would be enough to sink
him anyways.

Then again ... the Clintons have lots of problems and they
keep coming back.

It'll be Hillary in 2008. Unless Guiliani runs. Then there could
be a real race. Otherwise .. it's Hillary in 2008. No question.
At least from where I am seated there is no question.

new topics

top topics

join