It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phoenix Lights Phenomenon - Truth or Flare?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Those interested in the Phoenix Lights, may be interested in reading a short article that we have posted as a result of our research. The piece was written after a sighting on 9/11/05.

Video: www.worldblend.net...

Article: www.worldblend.net...

WB

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 11:09 PM
link   
The phoenix lights really happened. A large triangle that blocked out the stars flew from northern phoenix to tuson in an southwestern direction for a couple of hours. Lots of witnesses. Late that night the airforce released flares in an attempt to discredit the triangle, thus causing confusion. In my opinion the first triangle was piloted by men using backward-engineered technology.

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Worldblend, I have a question on the article you reference. When I got to the specs on the flares,
the first spec is as follows.

"FLARE COLOR
A flare’s chemical combustion generates light which when collected and processed by the camera optics, lies mostly in
the red area of the visible spectrum. In the test images we analyzed, there was little variety in this regard. In all examples,
the majority of light from the flares was processed as red by the camera.."

I have taken both film and digital shots of military flares. How do I get my camera to make these show up as RED ?
And how would that be compatible with the most likely flare you would be observing ?

source

www.globalsecurity.org...

"The LUU-2B Flare has a light output rating of 1.8 x 10(6) candlepower and at 1,000 feet altitude illuminates a circle on the ground of 500 meters
at 5 lux. The LUU-2 is housed in a pod or canister and is deployed by ejection. The mechanism has a timer on it that deploys the parachute and
ignites the flare candle. The flare candle burns magnesium which burns at high temperature emitting an intense BRIGHT WHITE LIGHT.
The LUU-2B/B has been selected by over 30 foreign countries for aircraft-deployed illumination. "

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightwing
Worldblend, I have a question on the article you reference. When I got to the specs on the flares,

"FLARE COLOR
A flare’s chemical combustion generates light which when collected and processed by the camera optics, lies mostly in
the red area of the visible spectrum. In the test images we analyzed, there was little variety in this regard. In all examples,

I have taken both film and digital shots of military flares. How do I get my camera to make these show up as RED ?
And how would that be compatible with the most likely flare you would be observing ?

source

www.globalsecurity.org...

"The LUU-2B Flare has a light output rating of 1.8 x 10(6) candlepower and at 1,000 feet altitude illuminates a circle on the ground of 500 meters
at 5 lux. The LUU-2 is housed in a pod or canister and is deployed by ejection. The mechanism has a timer on it that deploys the parachute and
ignites the flare candle. The flare candle burns magnesium which burns at high temperature emitting an intense BRIGHT WHITE LIGHT.
The LUU-2B/B has been selected by over 30 foreign countries for aircraft-deployed illumination. "
I have a degree in photography and I do not understand what you are trying to say. Flares do not travel north to south.

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 11:49 PM
link   
You have to remember what is on that video tape is not the whole Phoenix Lights story. Sightings extend over a much larger area and over a decent peroid of time much longer then any flares could stay in the air. Some people even claim the event captured on video was a quick misinformation campaign (dropping flares) by the goverment to discredit peoples real accounts. Flooding real information in a sea of bunk can be a very effective way to cover up the truth.

What many eyewitnesses described could not have been flares infact some of the people that saw this object had dropped flares themselves in Vietnam and knew they were not flares.

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
You have to remember what is on that video tape is not the whole Phoenix Lights story. Sightings extend over a much larger area and over a decent peroid of time much longer then any flares could stay in the air. Some people even claim the event captured on video was a quick misinformation campaign (dropping flares) by the goverment to discredit peoples real accounts. Flooding real information in a sea of bunk can be a very effective way to cover up the truth.

What many eyewitnesses described could not have been flares infact some of the people that saw this object had dropped flares themselves in Vietnam and knew they were not flares.
I just said that, the local air force soon there after realesed flares to confuse the media, but you have more posts so more power to ya! spread the word!

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Does anyone know the name of the senator or congrasman from Arizona who witnessed the lights and "promised" to get to the bottom of it and give the public an explanation? He has been mysteriously silent since then.

[edit on 17-10-2005 by craig732]

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Just a reminder that government action to discredit peoples accounts of stuff was popularized by Steven
Speilberg in 1977 with the movie Close Encounters of the Third Kind. Instead of identifying who and
what organizations were doing it, he simply said it was fiction, a story.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightwing

"FLARE COLOR

"

Well, what works best with my camera(and I've seen others do it this way) is to position inside the viwfinder, the object you wish to photograph....focus.....hold still and push the shutter.
As for the chemistry, I think you will find the list of ingrediants to be a little longer than just 100% Mg. I believe Cesium is present for example. However, this is not really relivant here as the A-10s are reportedly using the next generation flare on the Goldwater Range. They aren't inclined to say much more than that.
I should probably amend the specifications to include a mention of a white component. In reality, it is a light red or a red/white mixture. I was thinking in terms of primary colors/visible spectrum. Also, The clearer the night or the closer the flare, the more they will appear to be white. Even then, a small increase in saturation or contrast will reveal the red component Goldwater Range is 20-60 miles away for most Phoenicians so we are looking at a good amount of atmosphere/particulates in the imaging equation and with your degree, you know the consequences of this.

WB

[edit on 17-10-2005 by Worldblend]

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Iquote]
have a degree in photography and I do not undestand what you are trying to say. Flares do not travel north to south

I'm having a similar problem, because I am inclined to agree with you. I assume you are referring to travel as in a north-south vector. If so, yes they do not travel that way in any significant terms. They are at the mercy of the wind though. That being said, I didn't see such a claim by the person whose post you are responding to or by me in my article....so I'm confused.
WB

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

I agree with you and I think what I wrote in the article supports your claim. In fact, the video to which I refer, was shot about a month ago and is clearly not flares. Conveniently, the following two nights, flares were dropped in the same location and were indeed mistaken by some as a UFO. This happens and not mentioning it makes things worse.

I'm trying to bring some objectivity to this phenomenon and actually I don't really care if UFOs are proven or debunked. I am just after the truth in this case, whatever that ends up being. For the record, I don't think flares can explain the '97 sighting and I don't pretend to have a conventional explanation for the lights I taped 5 weeks ago. If you watch close, this formation of lights has objects shooting from and into the string at incredible speeds. Its difficult to account for that.

WB

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I always read about the flares in the Pheonix video being "odd" and not matching real flare videos at other locations, but I find one thing kind of missing in most theories:
Cant the city itself distort the air and thus give a wrong impression of the flares? I mean pollution, heat, lights, everything.

Maybe I've just missed articles discussing that. I'm still in firm belief that the commonly known video of the Pheonix sighting is just flares dropping behind the mountain ridge, but the secondary (or primary, cant remember) sightings of a triangle craft with lights and junk is a completely different matter.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 01:30 AM
link   
The flare theory is nothing new. Anyone who followed the Phoenix lights has heard it enough times. Flares are to the Phoenix Lights what weather balloons were to Roswell: Nonsense. Two of my cousins lived down in Phoenix during this period. One did see the boject, which she said was really big and hid the stars. Her husband also saw them, and he used to be in the Air Force. He said they definitely werent flares. He also said he didnt see the flares that were later reportedly shot from Luke Airforce Base, only the big black object.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 11:26 PM
link   
This the best proof of an ufo. I have lived here in Arizona for almost three years and nobody that I have talked to believes this happened. The military did a very good job by launching flares the very same night of the sighting. The citizens of this country seem to run away from research and truth. Yes...your average American is as stupid as the TV they watch every night.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I've read this thread with interest and it seems there's a lot of misuderstanding about the Phoenix UFO event. As it was stated earlier, the "lights video" is not really that important. Emphasis should be placed on the incredible craft that passed overhead. There may have been more than one boomerang craft.
There's a poor quality video of one of them. The craft was described as huge (mile long), silently running, in some witness accounts one could see through the craft as though it was emitting some sort of "field".

There is no question there was a huge boomerang shaped craft. Flares may have been involved but they DO NOT answer the craft mystery, which was there and did fly over.

Are they special access projects or ET vehicles? Well, I can't answer that without the proof but it could be either, or a mixture! The government has craft that do look alien. But these craft were so spectacular it is hard to believe where they could have come from. In any case, this event proves that that exotic propulsion technologies ARE being supressed.

top topics

join