It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aussie TV-Doc Reveals: "Suicide Bombings" are Intel made

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   

In an one hour documentary on Aussie SBS-channel - called "Inside Indonesia's War on Terror" - from Oct. 12, the former - nearly blind Indonesian Prezi, Abdurrahman Wahid - allegedly disclosed that the Indonesian police or military were/are behind the Bali bombings.
Indonesian journalists and researchers state, unequivocally, that 'Moslem terrorists organizations' DO NOT EXIST as portrayed by the government - that they are created and coordinated to act by military-connected provocateurs.

Continued....

Now we have news from Australian TV quoting a national leader claiming that it is governments behind the terrorism.

How much longer before American TV admits that the government was behind the terrorist attacks?

I don't suppose it will ever happen, but you never know...

Mod Edit: Fixed Quote & URL Tags, All Caps In Title.

Mod Note: Starting A New Thread – Please Review Link

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 16/10/2005 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
It details 'war against terrorism' in Indonesia' not in the US or any where else.

How much longer before American TV admits that the government was behind the terrorist attacks?

Why is this statement out of context with the title of your thread?
Maybe you should re title it? Are we talking about Indonesia, or America here?

edit for this quote from the link supplied.

Indonesian journalists and researchers state, unequivocally, that 'Moslem terrorists organizations' DO NOT EXIST as portrayed by the government - that they are created and coordinated to act by military-connected provocateurs.

Guess they know something we don't then?

[edit on 16-10-2005 by Bikereddie]

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   
out of curiousity, was the *pic* in the title in the linked site implying the pic was intel made or was something supposed to be there?

"Also in this program, Indonesian journalists and researchers state, unequivocally, that 'Moslem terrorists organizations' DO NOT EXIST as portrayed by the government - that they are created and coordinated to act by military-connected provocateurs"

I wonder what social clubs such as Hamas think of this. Do they not exist?

I'd love to see the transcript of the show. Rense and rumormillnews are not quite the news sources I'd accept as reliable.

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   

So, are you referring to the American media admitting that the Bali bombings were of governmental origin, or that all terrorist attacks around the world were started by governments, or possibly that the US government was behind 9/11?

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
"Also in this program, Indonesian journalists and researchers state, unequivocally, that 'Moslem terrorists organizations' DO NOT EXIST as portrayed by the government - that they are created and coordinated to act by military-connected provocateurs"

I wonder what social clubs such as Hamas think of this. Do they not exist?

My point exactly.
Check out my post above yours.

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArchAngel

How much longer before you post something that has even a shred of credibility?

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by USAF6933
[How much longer before you post something that has even a shred of credibility?

All of my posts have at least as much credibility as anything you would see of Fox News, or CNN.

It is your perception of credibility, not reality.

It is perfectly legal for the American media to lie to you, so they do....

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 06:46 AM
link   
let me get this straight, the former president of indonesia is now claiming that his own police did the bali bombings, at the request of western leaders?

and he went along with it?

and now he's going on australian tv to tell the world that he allowed this mass murder to take place?

does the show end with him getting arrested?

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 07:02 AM
link   
The wheels are falling off the cart in the war on terror and now the big knobs are starting to come clean at last.

In an one hour documentary on Aussie SBS-channel - called "Inside Indonesia's War on Terror" - from Oct. 12, the former - nearly blind Indonesian Prezi, Abdurrahman Wahid - allegedly disclosed that the Indonesian police or military were/are behind the Bali bombings.

Almost surely it was disgruntled elements of the Indonesian military responding to Australian actions in East Timor.

What they mean here is that 'Moslem terrorists organizations' do not exist(in Indonesia) as portrayed by the (Australian)government. John Howard glorified Jemah Islamia as the al qaeda of the south pacific even though nobody actually claimed responsibility for the attack.

The plot got even thicker when they found traces of plastic explosive manufactured in Israel at the site of the attack.

Governments lie all the time. The Australian Government first denied there was intel advice from US giving travel warning to Bali. They have now admitted they had such info, but Department of Foreign Affairs had felt there was no threat to Australians.

It's a pity Joe Vialls passed away before this info came to light.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Source: Dateline, SBS - Australian Commercial Free TV Station.

You can see the quality of it's reporters here:
news.sbs.com.au...

Transcript of this story will be posted on their website here:
news.sbs.com.au...

For those intersted in the source. Dateline is one of Australia's best investigative journalism programs and SBS is not a commerical channel so it regularly features documentaries from around the world and from all perspectives. If the commercial channels screened these programs instead of crime shows, medical dramas or 'reality tv' every night - the country would be 100 fold smarter and more educated in the real reality of the world.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheShroudOfMemphis

Dateline is one of Australia's best investigative journalism programs and SBS is not a commerical channel so it regularly features documentaries from around the world and from all perspectives. If the commercial channels screened these programs instead of crime shows, medical dramas or 'reality tv' every night - the country would be 100 fold smarter and more educated in the real reality of the world.

but they talk funny.

the show is reairing tonight so I'm expecting at least on aussie to watch it and report back to us. Hopefully the trascript link won't be taken down so fast this time around.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 08:11 AM
link   
The show has already aired.

Did anyone see it?

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Sadly, I did not watch it, but I have found the transcript of the show floating around various places on the Net. You can read it here in its entirety.

The story is too long to effectively summarise here, but it essentially posits links between the Indonesian military and terrorist attacks carried out within Indonesia since 2000. The story highlights apparent links between Indonesian military intelligence and terrorist organisations such as Jemaah Islamiah and, as has been said, relies on the statements of ex-President Abdurrahman Wahid to give these links an official endorsement of sorts.

However, it appears as though Wahid's statements that terrorist attacks are being carried out by Indonesian military forces are purely his opinion. For example, he suggests that the 2002 bombings in Bali, which killed 202 people, including 88 Australians, and which employed the use of two bombs in the attack, was partly the work of the Indonesian police or military, who then used Jemaah Islamiah as a smokescreen:

REPORTER: So you believe that the Bali bombers had no idea that there was a second bomb?

ABDURRAHMAN WAHID: Yeah, precisely.

REPORTER: And who would you suggest planted the second bomb?

ABDURRAHMAN WAHID: Well, it looks like the police.

REPORTER: The police?

ABDURRAHMAN WAHID: Or the armed forces, I don't know.

Wahid's speculation is chilling and again there's no evidence to support it. But there's no doubt that he's a barometer of how many Indonesians view the whole terror campaign.

Given the level of corruption in Indonesia, I would not be surprised if elements of the Indonesian military were sympathetic to the cause of Jemaah Islamiah or simply wanted to continue to line their pockets and therefore played some role in promoting, planning or carrying out terrorist activities. This is surely within the realm of possibility. I am, however, convinced that current President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono plays no role in such actions. My reason for believing this is simply that the stakes are too high. If evidence that an Indonesian leader were involved in any aspect of state-sponsored terrorism of this kind, it would almost certainly lead to a conflict with Australia. Indonesia would almost certainly lose this conflict, which is why I believe the current President is innocent. I am, however, far more prepared to accept the possibility that his generals or other elements of the military, may be involved to a certain extent. I wonder what the implications would be if this were brought to light? There is already a sense in Australia that Indonesia must do more to combat terrorism within its borders. A revelation such as this could well plunge Australian-Indonesian relations to staggeringly low levels, to say the least.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   
thanks for the recap of the transcript.

so it sounds like the ex pres. is blaming the west in part and his own military or police (he wasn't sure which was how I read it) as well.

not much to go on I guess.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArchAngel
the blind, former President of Indonesia – reportedly more trusted than any other official in the country - told SBS-TV Date-Line, Australia’s state-run public TV, that the horrendous Bali bombing, which killed more than 200 in Indonesia, was planned and carried out by Indonesian police or military personnel at the behest of Western powers.

And what evidence does he present to support these accustations? He is a whistle blower on the plot or he is saying that the people in power now do this? How does he know?

edit: ah, apparently its just baseless speculation.

[edit on 17-10-2005 by Nygdan]

new topics

top topics

join