It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EMT Classes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I recently started my EMT training, and I'm finding all of the information I have to assimilate tough to quickly act on. For example, in training today, we had to asses people, and I knew how to do it, I just had a little bit of trouble doing it in 10-15 seconds (how they say to respond to an MCI). Anyhow, does anyone have any suggestions on how I could improve my reaction times and such?

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Ehee, EMT-B classes rocked, I just couldn't finish them out of time/schedule constraints. I do specifically remember that class, mainly because I was partnered up with this half senile old man... scary...

EDIT: Come up with your own method, top to bottom, side to side, whatever, its really wrote memorization with technique, I would like to master it before I re-take and finish the training.

Good luck, I've still got all the books and extras.

[edit on 10/16/2005 by Kalapadea]

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Hmm they really allow you 10-15 seconds to do the assesment part??? I would really question that. If I recall (I took EMT-1A about 13 years ago) we had more time.

But during testing I just memorized the sequence word for word. A a pediatric critical care transport nurse now, my head to toe takes about 1 minute if I push it but we are interfacility and not scene so that may be a differnece. Make sure you tell your proctor that you asses the scene for hazzards BEFORE you go near the victem.

Good luck

Kalapadea advise is good and its what I teach all the new nurses. I don't care how you do it just do what works for you and do it the same time everytime.

[edit on 10/17/05 by FredT]

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Oh yes, of course for a regular situation you'd have more time to asses and treat the patient, this was just for an MCI.

I'm doing really well in the class, I enjoy it very much.

top topics

join