It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is New Age Religion a conspiracy???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Newage religion, we all know about it, and are probably contemplating it's legitimacy in an enlightened world. Is it possible that the newage religions are being guided by forces that seek to oppress spiritual freedoms and bring about another age of religious fanaticism and secularism? Listen to my podcast located in the podcasting page if you are interested in this topic, here's a link to the podcast thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

DENY IGNORANCE!

I encourage you to respond with a PODCAST, as opposed to a textual response, as we need more podcasting contributors to the feeds; they are really starting to go along well!

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Thanks nrky, I am in the process of making a Podcast right now.

It's basically going to deal with the idea that not all "new age" movements are religions, and do not indoctrinate their adherents. Rather they encourage experience over dogma.

Some movements, such as Advaita, only ask their members to be in the present moment. No other beliefs are necessary, because to quote Ekchart Tolle - "Beliefs are not important in the change of consciousness".

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by nrky
Newage religion, we all know about it, and are probably contemplating it's legitimacy in an enlightened world. Is it possible that the newage religions are being guided by forces that seek to oppress spiritual freedoms and bring about another age of religious fanaticism and secularism?

MM: IMHO, Newage religions are for people who are sick of the tired old dogmas of the established religions. Some have taken part of the Old Religions and added to, or subtracted from these old beliefs to form their own religion, and this is how it should be, to me, anyway. Religion should fit one like a glove, and be different from everyone else's religion in essence. Then we could not fight wars over whose religion was right and whose was wrong, like today. Remember this; the old Gods and Goddesses didn't just go away, they are still there, awaiting for mankind to remember them. Blessings, Magickman

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Newage religion, we all know about it, and are probably contemplating it's legitimacy in an enlightened world. Is it possible that the newage religions are being guided by forces that seek to oppress spiritual freedoms and bring about another age of religious fanaticism and secularism?

Surely you jest, my friend.. I will listen to your podcast when I get home. However, if it is as humorous as the statement above it will be a shortlived listen.

Most organized religions are the oppressors of spiritual freedom and enlightenment.

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by nrky

totally a conspiracy...
check out the first link in my sig>>>

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I don't see how there's any conspiracy personally. Do we really count "demonic" actions as an ATS conspiracy these days?

FYI, the last age, Pisces (the fish), also ushered in a new-age religion - Christianity.

...and I will make you fishers of men.

top topics

join