It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Iranian Woman Sentenced to Death By Stoning

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   
All I was trying to say to people was why worry about an issue like this, if you are not affected by it, like if it was your mom or sister then go ahead and rant about it. All I was trying to say is let bigons be bigons.

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I see your point but even though we are not affected by it we should be able to discuss it and voice our opinions. I mean if South Africa passed a law that allowed whites to own black slaves that wouldn't effect me either but I would sure like to voice my opinion on it.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by HarvestFreak
What I am tring to say is let other nations have their own way of living and stop trying to force people to conform to our standards. Its wrong. No wonder why everyone hates the west. Because our laws are more open and humanitarian.
What would you feel if some other nation like Russia, or Germany took over the US and tryed to make us conform to their laws, you would not like it.
That is excatly what the US is doing over in the middle east.

Yes, I agree with you. I mean, of course stoning someone to death is just a horrible thought, and an unthinkable reality. However, people are different, nations are different, and if everybody was the same, well then the whole world would consist of only sheep. With Bush to lead them all?

BTW, there's a lot of evidence that death by lethal injection is not as nice and pleasant as it would appear. I mean, first of all, why three shots? Why not just one - like a lethal dose of morphene? One of those shots that they give causes the body to go into paralisys, so that if the person is in pain, they are not able to show it. Researchers Say Lethal Injection Cruel

It's all awful. "An eye for an eye", I don't know. No one should have the right to kill another, but if they do, they should be punished, but what good does it do to take another life?

new topics

<< 1   >>

join