It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extra Moon In Photo's ? Picture Weirdness

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I have a question Mayet... why did you name the pictures "sun1" - "sun5"?

[edit on 17-10-2005 by craig732]

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Mayet, is that the regular size of those pics or did you reduce them down in size? If you did, how bout getting us the biggest versions possible, i.e 680 pixels wide, or maybe a link to a site where we can d/l the highest resolutions possible? Thanks.

[edit on 17-10-2005 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 01:36 AM
link   
There is a rectangle of about a 2 to 3 ratio that do match the other pixels... Could be a camera malfunction. But there are signs of dodging in the light areas. It is not a dust particle.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 01:42 AM
link   
That is some strange photo Mayet.

I wonder, could it be a reflection off of something? What I do not know. Electrochromatic cloaking device showing you what was behind you instead of what was behind it?

www.flurl.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 03:20 AM
link   
There were a series of shots thats why they are named 1 2 3 4 5

uploading the original untouched image now

I swear I have not touched these pics and I also swear I saw the image on the screen after I took it.

its big so I will just link it

www.rejectz.com...

they were called sun because they are in my sunset series

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Oh and not an aircraft.. the flight path is east of my house not the north west

not a leftover from previous image as previous image was of same area without the "moon"

It does look like the moon pics I took in the other direction and when I look at it it has the star image coming off it like the others

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Mayet... I was refering to why you named the pictures "sun", since they are pictures of the moon.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Photoshop

Or you're still pointing your camera east, but just got a different angle at it, to make it look like you were taking a picture west. There's not much proof of them both being moons or one is west and one is east...

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaunybaby
There's not much proof of them both being moons or one is west and one is east...

I disagree. I think that both shots show, if you look carefully, that:

a) they were taken in pretty much the same spot, except the second one the camera was tilted up just slightly more

b) the clouds have moved just slightly to the left in the second one. It seems to me that the true order of the sequence of the shots could be more or less proven if a weather station or service could verify the proper direction the clouds should have been moving in from that vantage point on that night.

In the high res image, I also saw an unusual section of blocks if you zoom way in on the lower portion of the light. The colors don't seem to be contiguous with the rest of the blocks in the image at that high a zoom. Just not sure what it means, could be a camera malfunction...

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 04:28 AM
link   
No honest if you knew me then you would know I wouldn't bother. My avatar is a doctrine I try to live by at all times and I do not see or "get" the mentality of fooling people and having them on.

It is an honest image of me facing north west taking a picture and the first three were honest image facing east of the moon rising. Any Australian can look out the window and see that the full is still on now and its risen in the east. and they can also work out moon rise on the night that the images were taken.
I have just taken a screenshot of my folder in my documents so you can check times and dates and stuff and compare to other images in series.
www.rejectz.com...

[edit on 17-10-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 04:32 AM
link   
I'm from Melbourne (Australia) and a while ago I saw another moon too, but it was red and so low that it was behind peoples houses. This was about 9 o'clock at night.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 04:35 AM
link   
That sounds like the Sun TBH. The Sun is more than capable of being in the sky at the same time as the Moon. If the Sun was setting, or the Moon was just rising you could conceivably have a scene where the Sun/Moon looks bright red.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 04:37 AM
link   
and the pic wasn't taken on friday it was taken saturday and not at 11 43 pm either ..they were taken sunset on saturday and downloaded that night.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Sun was long gone subz..

if you check the times of moon rise and sunset and then the inclination of the true moon you will see it was near dark.. sun had set way before.

[edit on 17-10-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Sorry Mayet, I was replying to Nventual. I should of been more clear.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 04:56 AM
link   
sunset times Oct 15, 200 6:17 and its earlier here with mountains in the west.

I estimate the pics were taken around 7

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by subz
Sorry Mayet, I was replying to Nventual. I should of been more clear.

Oooh sorry I realised that when I reread and saw the word red..my "moon" wasn't red ..it looked just like the real one behind me...

it has really got me beat. my only thought could be that some how the image of the moon behind me is somehow on the pic. I think because of the rays the image produces, that the "moon' or "object" is in fact away from the camera but what it is and how the heck it happened I don't know. I really don't know what it is. I have not as yet got a satisfactory 'solved stamp' on it to slot away.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by subz
That sounds like the Sun TBH. The Sun is more than capable of being in the sky at the same time as the Moon. If the Sun was setting, or the Moon was just rising you could conceivably have a scene where the Sun/Moon looks bright red.

The sun had set and the other moon was high up in the sky, trust me. It wasn't the sun, the sun doesn't set that late.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Mayet;

I cropped these as best I can on a computer without a print, negative or enlarger.
The first one has many beams emanating from it, as the moon would..
The next one is different, as it look irregular, no beams, and there seems to be a part of it that is irrelular, not round like the first moon.
Amazing..Hope you did not mind me doing this...

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Hi just found this article:

More moons around earth? It's not so loony

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join