It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extra Moon In Photo's ? Picture Weirdness

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I take a lot of shots of sunsets and sunrises and last night I was out taking photos just on sunset of the moon and pink clouds.

I was amazed when after one shot I had an image that was not there and then when I came inside to stick the images on my computer I was shocked and flabbergasted at the image.

These shots are of the moon. The moon is rising in the East. I was taking the photo pointing due east.

Then I turned around to capture some nice clouds on the mountaintop facing due west and then I took the above image standing in the same spot as I took the eastern moon images but now facing due north northwest. This is the first one I took. Nothing unusual. I wasn't going to take any more from this angle because I wasn't happy with the pictures but then decided to take a couple more.

Now for the amazing shot that still has me shaking my head. I know my camera. I know how to take pictures I know what a smudge on the camera looks like, I know what rising smoke looks like and I know what reflections look like.

But this is the moon..........In my shot taken facing north north west and yet the moon was behind me to the backside of my head rising in the east? How is this so.

I have just shaken my head and put it down to "the unexplainable".

I took more images, in fact when I saw that come up in the lcd prevew screen I went snap mad and pointed the camera all over the sky trying to reproduce the effect...but I couldn't

Weird.... has anyone else had moons appear in photo's where there wasn't a moon?

[edit on 16-10-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Maybe it's NOT the moon. And all that implies...

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 06:37 AM
link   
That's the thing. i don't know what the hell it iss. But its off centre and it wasn't in the shot before or the one after or any of the other 30 or so shots taken around that angle.

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Maybe there's two moons orbiting our planet but one's hidden by an optical illusion?

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Could there have been some dust on the lens? Could your camera been affected by freak electro-magnetic waves?

Just a thought

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I don't see two moons...just one...lol but then again I didn't read your comments, so I'll do that later, but looking at the photos I see one....

It could be some planet, I recall Mars being close to the moon, but how close I'm not sure.

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   
speight89 .. no dust .. i had taken about 50 shots before this one and more after

skybluff0 as you may notice the last two photos were taken in succession, one with no moon and the last one with a moon.

The moon was actually behind me at the time ..rising in the east as seen by the first three shots.

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   
There has to be an explaination to it.

When I was at the shore in the summer, we saw a very big, almost red moon over the ocean, but the moon was behind us, was there for a good hour. Tons of people were outside staring.

Chalk it up to strange atmospheric phenomena? Who knows..

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Could it have been a reflection? But then again the sun and moon can come out at both the same time, it happens alot. Butyou said that there was nothing there, maybe a reflection off a satelite?

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure it is not a moon. It could have been a number of things.

1. Airplane, the light from the plane produced a lens-flare which looked like a moon. Also because the sun was low on the horizon at your altitude, it may still be quite bright from the plane's altitude, light may have reflected off it.

2. Helicopter search-light, this is a very common reason for all bright lights in the sky.

3. Camera error, image from a previous shot of the moon may have overlay itself. Since this is a digital camera, it may happen.

4. Lens-flare from any other sources of light around you. Ex. Patio lights, street lights, etc. A small amount of light may be refected on the image, as is or was overexposed.

5. Over exposure of a object, plane, helicopter, star, planet, etc.

6. Damaged pixel on the camera or the flash may have created it.

Those are the reasons that I can list at the moment.

GoldEagle

[edit on 10/16/2005 by GoldEagle]

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Well in my opinion, it doesn't look exactly like the moon in the other pictures. None of those "trails" comming off of it.

Which leads me to a few reasons: One you put it there, which I wouldn't believe because I've seen your posts and you come off as a very creadible person, but I had to throw it out there anyways; another is its a bug or dust that had floated in front of the lens; like someone had already said, a reflection of a space object such as a satellite, but I wouldn't think it would be that large of an object; its an ORB!; its something we can't explain and is a true mystery.

Hope we find out what it is though.

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   
You just happened to be fortunate enough to get a mothership on film..
This is what empathetically came to me when I viewed it.
I am a photofinishing engineer, and I must discount spots or any other thing..
Knowing they are coming, it does not surprise me..hang on to them and get an enlargement if you can..or crop it down.

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Mayet, maybe it might be helpful to check ufo reports and if there was any such thing reported in your area at the time you took the photos.

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Its interesting, I really have no explanation on how you could achieve such an effect.

Im not the best with photography either.

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Aircraft landing lights is my guess.

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Could it be the infamous planet X?

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MauiStacey

umm...no. That light looks to be within the stratosphear not out in space.

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whompa1

Originally posted by MauiStacey

umm...no. That light looks to be within the stratosphear not out in space.

LMAO I'm scared of clowns and your avatar always scares the bajeebus outta me.

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Just think of it eating your avatar!

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I opened this picture in a photo program and increased it to 800x magnification. It appears to have a square around it where the pixles don't appear to match the surrounding area. I don't know if this information is helpful or not, but perhaps it is a camera malfunction, as previously suggested?

[edit on 17-10-2005 by craig732]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join