posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 12:45 PM
I'm pretty sure it is not a moon. It could have been a number of things.
1. Airplane, the light from the plane produced a lens-flare which looked like a moon. Also because the sun was low on the horizon at your altitude, it
may still be quite bright from the plane's altitude, light may have reflected off it.
2. Helicopter search-light, this is a very common reason for all bright lights in the sky.
3. Camera error, image from a previous shot of the moon may have overlay itself. Since this is a digital camera, it may happen.
4. Lens-flare from any other sources of light around you. Ex. Patio lights, street lights, etc. A small amount of light may be refected on the image,
as is or was overexposed.
5. Over exposure of a object, plane, helicopter, star, planet, etc.
6. Damaged pixel on the camera or the flash may have created it.
Those are the reasons that I can list at the moment.
[edit on 10/16/2005 by GoldEagle]