It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AOL Claims Internet Speed Crown? [i]Excuse Me??[i/]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 01:27 AM
link   
news.com.com... -5065391.html#talkback

Okay, excuse me for faking any measure of surprise. Frankly, I wouldn't give ANY prize to AOL, or for that matter, any of the other providers especially for their speed. After reading the above article it's pretty clear that AOL will speed you to a web site...AFTER you've already visited there and have their link cached on your harddrive, and assuming you NEVER clear your cache or Temp Iternet File.

In the meantime, I still connect at 33.6 Kps on a good day (nevermind the BAD days) and heaven forbid I actually do a search! I guess the real reason I'm complaining is: Do these guys really concider Fifteen seconds to download a page fast?? I'd glady pay Forty-Six (as opposed to the Twenty-Three) bucks a month for double the download speed. Am I being unreasonable??

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   
AOL is garbage, I used if for years and had plenty problems with speed. I don't have to worry about that junk anymore. I use cable now that can download at a speed of 10MB/s, not 10KB/s.

AOL is a rip off, 'nuff said.

GoldEagle

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 09:48 PM
link   
It's compared to other dialup competitors. Honestly around here it's 15 bucks for dsl.... which is like somewhere aroudn the same price for aol dialup. There should be no excuse not to get dsl unless it's not availible to you or where you are it's pricey...

new topics

join