It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Bird flu dont get ya------------Level 3 might

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Taubenberger and his colleagues collected virus particles from samples that had been preserved after autopsies of 1918-flu casualties and from a single additional victim interred in the Alaskan permafrost.

The virus had long since degraded in these samples, but it left behind tiny bits of RNA that encode the virus' eight major gene segments.

www.sciencenews.org...

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 11:44 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 03:04 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Wow, this is some scarey stuff. Just from reports that have been circulating in the news says that this varient is going to take out quite a few people worldwide. What I don't understand is that our govt. and the CDC have know for some time now that this virus is coming home to roost so to say. As always, the govt. is ill prepared for a major outbreak here in the U.S. You can use the recent devastation down on the Gulf Coast as a good example of our preparedness.

It is now becoming clearer to me as to why Bush has been pushing for martial law in the face of a major incident here. He just was just inches from doing it when the hurricanes hit the Gulf Coast. Even though our Constitution forbids the Pres. and Fed. troops from taking over this nation, I'd look for Bush to come up with a fake scenerio ( similar to the bogus reasons we are at war now ) to implement Martial Law, thus keeping him in office as long as he can.

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   

It is now becoming clearer to me as to why Bush has been pushing for martial law in the face of a major incident here. He just was just inches from doing it when the hurricanes hit the Gulf Coast. Even though our Constitution forbids the Pres. and Fed. troops from taking over this nation, I'd look for Bush to come up with a fake scenerio ( similar to the bogus reasons we are at war now ) to implement Martial Law, thus keeping him in office as long as he can.

No argument here. He want's to establish the presedent of Troop involvement domestically. And with a public as apathetic as ours, it wont be hard. Ask the average american. Posse Comitatus? Whats that?

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   
please see above links as this has already been covered, Feel free to add your thoughts to any of the above,

Thanks Asala

new topics

top topics

join