It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane Wilma - Strongest Hurricane Ever Recorded!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Superstorm is the name now- yesterday it was nothing....if anyone read my previous post scientists know this one is being steered. I beleive it. They have a close eye on it-
I truly beleive this is THE new weapon of mass destruction.

Who's doing it? I dont know.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I agree with the Florida landfall too, but South Florida???? This sharp turn seems suspect to me at the moment but I'll go with what Dr. Mayfield says.

I'm putting odds of it making landfall north of Naples, South of Tampa. Either way, I'm getting wet, but the further south, the worse the effects should be for me.

Don't worry about me you guys, I'm a member of the greatest conspiracy board on the net, I'm more prepared for "anything" than you would realize

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   
eh I'm betting on a systematic weakening of the western eye wall during a replacement cycle. Same thing that has happened in Katrina and Rita.

It'll be a bad one though, isn't most of Florida barely above sea level?

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Take good care, Worldwatcher, please. There's no telling what this will do.
I wish you well.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher

Today I'm making sure Granny's shutters are in place just in case. I rather take them down after nothing significant passes thru here than worry about it if I never put them on. I have accordian shutters, so I'll wait till the very last minute before closing them (take 5-10 minutes to do the whole house)

Worldwatcher the wind field is suppose to greatly expand as the intensity drops, so you could get hurricane/tropical storm force winds long before it makes landfall. In otherwords, the diameter of Wilma will increase as it slows in revolution speed. Not sure if they are addressing that factor on the local media, but it should be said.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   

isn't most of Florida barely above sea level?

Yep, or at it... At least we aren't below it though, like NO was. ( I say was, because now it's AT sea level, hehe....)

If it turns more to Tampa Bay, evacuation will be a big issue. Only two major routes out, and they both will get clogged very easily....

Because of the elderly population, there are a TON of trailer parks, and we all know what happens to those during these storms. As the bay area seems to have some kind of magic bubble that keeps the worst of these things from hitting us historically, many will stick it out when they shouldn't, and this could leave to a heavy loss of life in such parks.

Also, power outages will cause deaths in FL. In other places, it's an inconvenience, but with FL's humidity and heat, being without AC will kill many elderly residents. Let's just say it would be very bad news if it hit the Bay....

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Regen, only one meteorologist so far has been advising to put up shutters today because he fears the wind will get to high when a Warning is actually issued, that why I'm doing Granny's windows this evening once all the guys get off work, she has those aluminum panels and while I can get everything prepared, I can't put them up by myself.

this is what I have on my windows

I'll take pics later when I close them too, without these shutters, I wouldn't be as confident as I am now.

and I agree Wilma is growing, we had heavy rains last night and today is overcast with fast moving showers and downpours. We'll definitely be feeling this by Friday. Schools in Broward are scheduled to be closed on Friday due to a teacher planning day, so no worries there.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   
People I got a bad feeling about Wilma get out of Florida if you can, do not stay in the panhandle.

Dg the first thing that I replied to my husband this morning when he told me that the Hurricane go stronger over night was Super Storm

Has anybody seen the weather going on all over the country?

Record temperatures and record rains?

Our weather is changing and it will get worst every year.

So get out of Florida before this hurricane head your way.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   
To the experts, IF Wilma stays true to the NHC official track, would that mean that I get the tornadoes?? I know we'll get the what they call the wetter side of the storm, but where should the concern for tornadoes be?Western Broward County btw....

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   
My brother just called me..His Battalion ( NMCB 4) was put on alert for this storm..

Before any one panics about this let me say they are a construction unit

here is their link.
www.seabee.navy.mil...

They went to help with katrina..

They are good at what they do..and will be there fast if they are given the go ahead.

Coho

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Marg, you be careful too. You're in Maryland? take care, you never know....

All my best!

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   
hmm, since this season is tied with 1933, could we be going in cycles with this horrible weather? stuff all over the world has been happening this year, was it the same in 1933? hmm...

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   
jesus christ this is completely insane. and now the idea of this hurricane being steered makes more and more sense. I would really, really get the hell outta there before it hits.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Marg, you be careful too. You're in Maryland? take care, you never know....

All my best!

No dg I am in ole good GA in Leesburg.

Unless wilma decides to changes a littler bit to the north i guess I will be fine.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cohorun
My brother just called me..His Battalion ( NMCB 4) was put on alert for this storm..

Before any one panics about this let me say they are a construction unit

Hey after the fiasco with Katrina nothing surprised me I imagine that everything in Florida will be done by the book and perfect.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kitsunegari
hmm, since this season is tied with 1933, could we be going in cycles with this horrible weather? stuff all over the world has been happening this year, was it the same in 1933? hmm...

Here is a link for the storms of 1933.

weather.unisys.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Well, looks like itis to late for me to get my wife and my 9 month old daughter out of dodge. I live in Naples, and just checked on plane tickets to other cities in the north that I have relatives in and all the prices are $1000+. At least im 6 miles in land from the beach and have a block house, not wood frame.

Lets see...

48 Beers.. $30.00
hurricane supplies... $150.00
Up to code new home...$348,000.
Generator to keep my beer cold... Priceless.

Oh and i have GOOD news! I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico!

What can I say? If your in the direct path of a monster is it not better to face it with your head held high and a smile on your face?

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Northeastern quadrant is the strongest, and the best chance for tornadoes, as the winds are the fastest there...so keep that in mind WW, when seeing where the storm will go.

So far, the worst damage I got was caused by a micro-tornado that never even touched the ground, just knocked down some big branches...and that was during a puny Tropical Storm....as opposed to the hurricanes last year...

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   
All you Florida people be safe. This one is very very scary.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join