It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

when will there be a new aircraft declasification?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Does anybody has a faint Idee when we can expect a declasification of air or spaceplanes. Because its has been years when the b2 and f117 where declasified. Only thing I recently heared of was a testbed declasification called bird of prey just like in startrek.

[Edited on 14-9-2003 by MarkLuitzen]

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Considering that Boeing has been making a little noise about research and development of antigravity technology, we might finally see some of the X Craft unveiled some time in the near future.... maybe.

Of course, then they are going to have to admit and explain why all the UFO sightings for the last 50 years have been allowed to stand as legitimate ET sightings...

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 12:24 AM
link   
"Bird of Prey"

But this is discussed allready at another topic on here.. or so i remember.

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Of course, then they are going to have to admit and explain why all the UFO sightings for the last 50 years have been allowed to stand as legitimate ET sightings...

I have a hard time believing that, on its own, the USA could develop antigravity technology while other countries could not. If such technology is entirely home grown and based on ideas dreamt up by humans, then, certainly, the Russians could have, in time, duplicated or re-created the same technology... And, even if the US kept Russia away from its work, the Russians, on their own, would have, in time, developed such technology.

D-R has brought up, before, things like the Townsend-Brown experiments... And, so, I guess it's reasonable for the USA to have developed a non-aerodynamic based form of flight by the late 50s.. But, that being said, surely the Russians could have equaled such a feat by the 70s.

Now, you might argue that both sides DID, in fact, develop this stuff... Well, historically, when both sides in a conflict develop revolutionary technologies, the principles of which are no longer mutually secret, they reveal such tech to the public... with the hope that the private sector can further develop such tech.

So:
1.Starting from the same point, the USA and Russia would both eventually develop anti-gravity technology, though there might be a time delay between the two.
2.Russia does not have antigravity technology, otherwise its firms would be pulling the rug from under Boeing and Lockheed
3Therefore: The USA and Russia DID NOT start from the same point. That is, the USA had 'help' from somewhere else.

This 'help' could be in the form of direct aid from aliens or recovered wreckage from a crashed alien craft (IE Roswell, 1947). Without such 'help', it is unthinkable that the USA would be the only society that could develop antigravity propulsion. There would either have been a diffusion of these ideas or an independent rediscovery of them.

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 12:52 AM
link   
No, only help that either US or USSR have had is the help what they did get when they captured all German advanced tech at the end of the ww2..

Germans were far away with their deveploment projects.. for exable US B-2 is build mostly on Nazi designs and tech.

And also every ballistic and cruise missile have their roots in Germany as have all guided weapons (of all nations). Germans did use Guided Bomb operationally during ww2.

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 01:02 AM
link   
That's nearly my point...

The Russians had a long aerospace history... in fact, a Russian was the first person to conceptualize spaceflight in a realistic form (and a form that was eventually used). They also had access to German materials and tech. That which they didn't get at the end of the war was stolen by their spies. So... Russia and the USA both have a history of producing innovators in the aerospace field and they both have the same advanced German designs to work with. How could one country have done so much better than the other? Yes, communism is a repressive system that stymies individual thought... But, from what we know, Soviet scientists were only a few years behind ours in the late 60s, and were, essentially, ahead of us in the 50s. It wasn't until the state apparatus began to collapse in the 70s that they fell drastically behind.

So, if they beat us to space, and nearly beat us to the moon... How come they didn't develop this tech as well.... My solution: we got a head start with materials from the Roswell (or some other) crash.

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 01:19 AM
link   
thank you to the onlyinmydreams the reallyzation finally come to known now years before a lot of people couldt not understands why the usa always ahead of other country in developing various technologies exspecialy in airborne technology now the states of the art of technology acctually is our understanding,analisys,and reallyzation then we can
understands why usa is always ahead in technology

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I belive, and partially do know infact that Russia is not behind of US but infact ahead of.. and what comes to Russians having "secret" aircraft.. they mau as well have samekinds of things like US, but the Russians have been troughout history being better keeping secrets..

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 01:51 AM
link   
The Russians are WAY behind us in tecnology, take the "Stealth Bomber and fighter for example... there is NO OTHER like either one of them on the planet...

The worst/best part is, they represent where OUR designers were 15 YEARS AGO(!)... Imagine what the Skunk Works boyz are dreaming up right NOW!

Our advancements in materials alone boggle the mind with possibilities... What will the "Next" issue be?

To insinuate there was "back engineering" from "Alien Craft" involved defies reality... Occam's razor simply blows that out of the water knowing what we know today about stealth technology... It's PAINT... Nothing more, nothging less... Admittedly it's very WELL applied paint but PAINT none-the-less...

The DAY we see a Thomas Brown (I think that's the guy's name who, back in the 50's, took Tesla's ideas and made the possible) engineered "Gravity Repulsive" show boat that darts through the air, apparently AGAINST the laws of physics, and makes the current fleet of aircraft we have obviously obsolete I wonder what we will say?!

P...
m...

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Go away, come back when you actually KNOW something, this isnt a issue in which your patriotic claims have any effect.
Reality is quite different from that what you are saying.

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 04:19 AM
link   
The Russians were way ahead in metalurgy (sp) during the Cold War. I dont know what the situation is now. I dismiss the claims of alien help for the US personally.

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Russian are ahead for examble with infantry weapons, Nuclear weapons (bigger bomb ever: MADE IN USSR), aam, sams, artillery/rockets.. missiles in general, just to name few fields.. and even in all others they are equal or as "good" as US, but there are smaller nation like Germany, France, Finland, Israel, Sweden.. that are way superior to these "great nations" in some fields of expertice..

US has in its part best stealth, best guided BOMBS, ABL (which others dont need..) and good elint.

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Very good ELINT. Actually, good INT all together, untill the Cold War ended. Then it went down hill in regards to HUMINT.

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaNine
Very good ELINT. Actually, good INT all together, untill the Cold War ended. Then it went down hill in regards to HUMINT.

Or was let to go down hill, so that something like WTC strike could happen and US once again had a serious ENEMY..
as nobody doesnt anymore belive that Russia is dangerous as they are now democrats..

But the real fact remains that Russia is today more dangerous than ever before..

As Mr.Putin is running this.. former KGB/FSB..
But dont get me wrong, i have nothing against Putin and his policies..
infact i like him at least 1000 times better than that bastard Jeltsin..

As it seems Putin trying hard to do good thing to his beloved Motherland..
unlike Jeltsin who was only busy getting drunk all the time..

[Edited on 14-9-2003 by FULCRUM]

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Its in some ways a lot easier and someways a lot harder to recruit informants in the former USSR. I'll elaberate tommorow, Im off to watch the F1 in a minute.

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Declassification is a very touchy subject from the government's point of view. Usually they only declassify something when they feel that telling the public will be more Benefical then keeping it a secret. For example stealth technology was declassified to allow expanded use of the technology. I might be wrong, but I think the Matureing of the ATF/F-22 may have been the catalasis for declassifing the stealth. The reason I think this may be the case is because the F-22 is going to replace the F-15 as the backbone of the USAF's Fighter fleet, so it couldn't be kept a secret. This combined with the fact that there had been leaks in the F-117 program, dew to several chashes during it early years, Prompted the declassification in an effort to redraw the security parameters for the stealth program as a whole! So the answer to your question is anyone's guess.

Tim

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Here is a video of "Bird of Prey" and some info about "TR-3A Black Manta aka Shamu"

I think there will not be a another "declasification" ever. At Least not about secret operational 'black planes', these are only made public if one is shot down and captured by hostiles.

Only declasifications we are ever going to get are those about test aircrafts that no longer serve any function.

F-117 and B-2 were only first "declasified" after USSR/Russian allready had tons of information and satellite pictures about those.

So, "declasification" is just happening when forced, or if the hiding of these aircraft doesnt matter anymore, as 'enemy' allready knows everything there is to know.

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 07:17 AM
link   
OK, this is me expanding on INT troubles.

Back when the 90s started, the Soviet Union began to fall. At this time there was an increasing reliance on satellites and other technical means.

During the Cold War, the main carrot to dangle in front of the Ruskies was the ideal of freedom, the freedom to do what you want without the state having a say in it.

Now that the Soviet Union has fallen, it has become a lot harder to recruit in Russia. They technically have freedom; how can you dangle it? The food shortages could be a recruitment tool, but FSB officers generally arent starving or wanting.

As for Putin. He was only the political KGB head honcho. He really doesnt know how to do tradecraft, from what I understand. I have been known to be wrong.

Now, back to INT. When one is having trouble recruiting people, and depending primarily on HUMINT, one does not have have that info on the gorund that one needs.

This is what happened in the Middle East too, but I will not touch your September 11 comments with a 100ft pole.

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Vladimir Putin flown in both the Su-25 and Su-27

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaNine

As for Putin. He was only the political KGB head honcho. He really doesnt know how to do tradecraft, from what I understand. I have been known to be wrong.

Putin paid a visit to Malaysia on Monday and Tuesday for talks with Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad and signing of a US$900 million deal to supply 18 Sukhoi fighter jets.

etc etc..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join