It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secret

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   
There is no getting away from it... even Reiki strikes me as a sophisticated form of multi level marketing, product aside it is no different from a pyramid scam

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by iamian
Advertising??

Yes. There have been several times when a new member registers and immediately posts an advertising message for this show... then posts nothing else.

You're not aware of this because they're deleted quicly.

Thanks for that SkepticOverlord, when you think about it, forums like ATS could be a very usefull tool for Advertising, i've noticed that when we post links to a website's, where basicly promoting books, video's ect, it must be a fine line between whats acceptable and whats not?

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   
When you think of it that way... What is not a marketing scam besides our basic necessities that and more parts of the lower levels of the Maslow pyramid.

Drink gatorade!! Do you really need gatorade?? Nope... but people still drink it, including myself?

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   
What is "reality creation" Bandit?

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   
The goal of a Secret is not what it seems.
The Play goes on, but who is the director?

Reality and truth are never the same.
But who holds the Key to both?

Believe not the One, nor the many.
For they all hide secrets behind a Secret.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Reality creation is the notion that you create the reality around you with your "habitual" thoughts and feelings. Everything that happens in your life is a product of your own mind. And if you can train your mind to focus mainly or primarily on having experiences and things that you want and like, you will have it.

The only problem is that habits of thoughts are hard to break. Especially the ones you've had since you were a child and that are enforced by the society around you.

That's something that people claim has been surpressed by those in power over the ages. That people don't really need anybody other than themselves and their own mind to get things done. Or that they are not really pawns in a game run by puppet masters (God, the Devil, the government, big business) like we are brought up to believe.

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
There was a movement in the christian community a few years back that garnered the title called "name it and claim it". The premise was that by naming what you wanted and claiming it in the name of Jesus that it would be granted unto you. I don't know if this is still popularized or not. But, there have been many attempts at doing this.

For example, our employer spent many $$$ on mandatory training for employees from a company called Pacific Institue. Headed by a man named Lou Tice, an ex-coach and now mentor for major corporations on increasing productivity by changing how you think. The major component of this is daily affirmations. That is to say that you speak the future as if it were present tense. Example.....I have abundant health because I take care of my body. The goal is to get you to think, speak and feel the results of these affirmations. He states that our thinking is three-dimensional and is done viawords, thoughts and pictures. Affirmations are a way to embody this for positive resutls.

There is a lot of discussion abotu scotoma's (or blind spots) that hinder our ability to develop. Often times these are a result of years of negative thinking either done by ourselves or others.

Anywho, I'm not here to say that this method is 100% right on. I merely wanted to suggest that the secret has been around for a long time, but just presented in various forms. Again, this is not so much about a secret as it is about marketing.

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
It is an ebook written by Darrell Daybre for $19.95 that talks about thought energy....reality creation!

Just google for "The Greatest Secret" and/or the author's name and you will find the link to the websit with the same name. I removed it from here, since I don't want to be in violation of the ToS. Easy to find.

Hope this doesn't disappoint. Incidently the ebook was released in 2004!!!

This this is almost 2 years old! Nothing new, same old stuff, different wrapper. Hats off to the marketing guys though. There is even a link on this site to the video trailer found at whatisthesecret.tv

[edit on 28-12-2005 by Freenrgy2]

[edit on 28-12-2005 by Freenrgy2]

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Bah! This 'secret' is just basic thermodynamics!

web.aanet.com.au...

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2
It is an ebook written by Darrell Daybre for $19.95 that talks about thought energy....reality creation!

Just google for "The Greatest Secret" and/or the author's name and you will find the link to the websit with the same name. I removed it from here, since I don't want to be in violation of the ToS. Easy to find.

There are hundreds or thousands of books about reality creation A lot of them were written in the late 19th century/early 20th century. Those are called the "New thought" books.

But I think the show will not be specific to any book, but to the whole concept of reality creation.

[edit on 2-1-2006 by TheBandit795]

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 09:01 AM
link   
This dude claims to be in the movie or show. Joe Vitale

www.mrfire.blogspot.com...

And I also found some fun threads with lots of skeptical scrutiny,conspiracy theories and plain old ridicule...

Scammers, Satan, and the illuminati are behind it!!

Interview ending in a flame war. It's an NWO and Freemason plot!!

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Just got a letter from the secret scrolls,
this is definetly one of them personal motivation scheme's,
the type where you look in the mirror and shout i'm a Tiger aaaaaargh!,
as time gets nearer to broadcast the more i'm thinking rubbish,

[edit on 1/14/2006 by iamian]

mod edit to remove pics, as could mess with copy rights,)

[edit on 17-1-2006 by asala]

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   
This will be similar to the "What the Bleep Do We Know?" stuff which turned out to be heavily influenced by JZ Knight, the Ramtha channeler. [I'm guessing].

I'll admit, they've got me curious enough to watch it, or at least part of it.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
This will be similar to the "What the Bleep Do We Know?" stuff which turned out to be heavily influenced by JZ Knight, the Ramtha channeler. [I'm guessing].

I'll admit, they've got me curious enough to watch it, or at least part of it.

i agree with u 100%, u can tell by the narrator who was in what the bleep,
i joined the secret scrolls and all the mods claim to know the secret,
and they dont impress me, i dont think it changed there lives much.

Skeptick Overlord was right, i think they want me to promote them,

[edit on 1/17/2006 by iamian]

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 10:31 AM
link   
well they say it will be all over tv ect well I have had no commercials and or anything mentioning this on the dutch tv channels not on any of them and I have digital tv with over 90 kabel channels.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   
So...what Channel is this show going to be on? I hope not HBO!

Could anyone tell me pweese?

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   
There's a new trailer...

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I got it!

The secret TV showis going to be that project serpo did happen, and that a young Lieutenent John Titor was in charge of it!

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   
You sure it wasn't WITD, Nygdan???

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I heard it will be on fox but no confirmation from the site yet...I smell a HOAX...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join