It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran makes new super-sonic jet-engines.

page: 1

join
share:
NR

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Good to know we can make our own jet-engines, it was hard to find this news but i got the hang of it and decided to post, one of the engines are used for azarkash and the other might be used for Shafagh but thats until the 3rd prototype is out.

ايران‎ جز پنج‎ كشور سازنده‎ موتور جت‎
05:07:19 ب.ظ
تهران‎‎ ـ مديرعامل‎ سازمان صنايع‎ هواپيمايي‎ ايران‎‎ اعلام‎ كـرد : ايـران جـز پنـج‎ كشـور سازنده‎‎ موتورهاي‎ پيشرفته جت‎‎ و ميني‎ جت در جهان‎ است‎.
به‎ گزارش‎ واحد مركـزي‎‎ خبـر , نـادري گفت‎‎ : ايران‎ در ساخت موتورهاي‎ سوپرسونيـك‎ , طلوع چهار و پنج‎ كه‎ از موتورهاي‎ ميـنـي‎ جت‎‎ بسيار پيشرفته‎‎ در جهان‎ است به تولـيـد انبوه‎‎ رسيده است‎ .
وي‎ اضافه‎ كرد : اين‎ نـوع مـوتـور در ساخت‎ انواع موشك‎ ها نيز به‎ كار مي‎ رود.
مدير عامل‎ سازمان‎ صنايع‎ هواپيمـايـي‎ ايران‎‎ همچنين از ساخت‎ كـامـل‎ هـواپيـمـاي‎ جنگنده‎ آذرخش‎‎ در كشورش خبر داد و افزود : اين‎ هواپيما جز هواپيماهاي‎‎ شكار, ي رهياب‎ و بمب‎ افكن‎ است‎.
وي‎‎ يادآور شد : هواپيماهاي مـختـلـف‎ ديگري‎‎‎ نيز براي نيروهاي مسلح‎ در حال‎ ساخت‎ است‎ كه‎‎ نيازهاي‎ به روز آنان‎‎ را تامين مـي‎ كند.
نادري‎ با بيـان‎‎ ايـنكـه‎ نـخبـگـان و متخصصان‎‎‎ بنام‎ ايران جذب‎ سـازمـان صنـايـع‎ هواپيمايي‎ شده‎ اند تصـريـح‎ كـرد : صنـعـت‎ هواپيمايي‎ شرق‎‎ و غرب‎ در اين‎‎ سازمان تلفيق شده‎‎‎ و هم‎اكنون‎ جنگنده هاي‎ ما از سامـانـه هاي‎ پيشرفته‎ و قدرت‎‎ نهفته‎‎ اي‎ برخوردار است كه دشمن‎ تصور آن‎ را هم‎ نمي‎ تواند بكند.

www.iribnews.ir...

Translation:

Iran is among the top five countries that produces jet engines.

Tehran – Naderi, the Chief executive of Iran’s aviation industry announced that Iran is among the top five countries that manufacture advanced jet and mini jet engines.
Naderi added, Iranian engines are called Tolo 4 and Tolo 5. these engins are supersonic and Iran recently started mass producing these engines. This engine can also be used in verity of missiles.

The Chief executive of Iran’s aviation industry also announced the Iran has completed building a fighter jet called Azarakhsh which is a Multi-Role fighter and bomber.

[edit on 15-10-2005 by NR]

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Iran top 5?

USA
Russia
UK
France
China

Somehow I doubt they are above any of those 5 nations.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
Iran top 5?

USA
Russia
UK
France
China

It rarely happens AMM, but I agree! Iran is saying this for their own populations benefit. As it stands, many of the best engines in the world are either UK (Rolls Royce) or US (GE)... Find any top aircraft (either military or commercial) and you will more than likely find one of these engines in it.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Don't forget that Pratt and Witney also make great military engines.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
Iran top 5?

USA
Russia
UK
France
China

And you didn't even mention Germany, India, Japan or Sweden

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Is Iran also manufacturing the sophisticated metals that go into these high-tech aircraft?

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by warpboost
And you didn't even mention Germany, India, Japan or Sweden

Yeah...those 5 were the first that came to mind, but I'm sure I could come up with another 10

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   
From the CIA fact book, Iran has petroleum, natural gas, coal, chromium, copper, iron ore, lead, manganese, zinc, and sulfur.

So they don't have aluminum and titanium locally. Russia, of course, does have supplies of all strategic minerals.

Building a jet engine is not easy. And building a "top of the line" jet engine is even more difficult. To build a "state of the art" jet engine is limited to two or three countries.

Does Iran even have a wind tunnel? Do they have super computers for flow dynamics calculations? What have they ever designed that approachs this level of sophistication?

Considering that the Chinese, who are good at reverse engineering, cannot copy current engine technology, Iran would be a doubtful canidate for being an aircraft engine manufacturer. I might believe that they import engines and put their own name on them, or are co-producing a foriegn engine design.

Opinion: There is currently a revolution in propulsion technology approaching, and all current engine designs and fuels will soon be a thing of the past.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Are you sure that china is at the bottom of the list maybe France would be

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   
France, below China? Why would you think that? What has china produced that is better than the M88 or the CFM 56?

Not to mention ther wealth of French jet engines down the decades. What has china created to merit their ranking higher?

Besides, I think it was a general list, not a ranking order, as he has Russia second instead of the UK.

[edit on 18-10-2005 by waynos]

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZPE StarPilot

Opinion: There is currently a revolution in propulsion technology approaching, and all current engine designs and fuels will soon be a thing of the past.

As far as civil aircraft go, I can assure you, there is no current revolution!!

edit: Well, there may be work going on on magnetic bearings and various other details, but there is nothing 'revolutionary' in the pipeline that I am aware of (as in, on the fleet within 30 years).

[edit on 18-10-2005 by kilcoo316]

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZPE StarPilot

What makes you think that?

From everything i've seen we will still have jet engines for at least 30 years.
One of Nasa's goal is to make them 50% quieter over the next 15 years.
Currently engine makers are working on efficiency, since the price of fuel is ever increasing.

Jet engines have been around for awhile now...so perhaps you just assumed that soon we should have something better.?

The newest forms of propulsion such as scramjet and PDE are a decade away from being more mainstream...and that for the military...not commercial, which will be probably a decade behind the military.

But never the less, if you know something I dont...do tell.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Iran cannot do it alone, but what about with the help of engineers from those top 5 nations working with them. This is already much cooperation with russia on missle tech, why not jet technology also.

If they have the ability to create nuclear waeapons, can they not create a nice jet engine? I wouldn't fly in a plane using one
though...

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Desert Dawg
Is Iran also manufacturing the sophisticated metals that go into these high-tech aircraft?

No, It's mostly tinfoil & vacuum cleaner parts

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scylding
No, It's mostly tinfoil & vacuum cleaner parts

lol

You forget the duck tape and pipe cleaners that hold them together.

Jensy

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago
From everything i've seen we will still have jet engines for at least 30 years.
One of Nasa's goal is to make them 50% quieter over the next 15 years.
Currently engine makers are working on efficiency, since the price of fuel is ever increasing.

Actually, the latest craic is we are all going backwards to go forwards.

The rumours are that the Airbus A320 replacement and the Boeing 737 replacement are going to be using advanced turboprop engines (aka propfans).

Its the only way we are gonna get anywhere near the fuel efficiency goals.

top topics

join